New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

The latest polls have Leave with a 19 point lead and the Remain camp getting ever more desperate as the hours tick down. Only a few more days till we get our own independence day like the Americans thumbsup.gif

Oh and the PP you do not understand is an old military term for P*ss Poor. It comes from the old 6 P's saying

Proper Preperation Prevents P*ss Poor Performance biggrin.png

Sorry, but you'll have to wait a little longer. The referendum result is not binding. Exit terms will need to be negotiated and then voted on by parliament. It's quite possible that after the terms have been negotiated, a 2nd referendum will be held, on "improved" remain terms, or Brexit. A similar thing happened in Ireland and France following their referendums on treaty changes.

I would't be at all surprised if you are right. There'll be some ploy in hand to take away the democratic wish of the people.They'll have a two year window in organize this deceit, during which time everything will continue as now,including our payment to Brussels.

But if I was Cameron I would be giving Brussels the bird if they started asking for more Bailout money for certain countries

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you don't care about this today but you will next week if Brexit is the answer - the article is named, "Judgement Day" and no, it's not about a movie;

"The day after next week’s referendum on European Union membership, the pound will either sink to the lowest level in more than three decades or climb toward the highest this year, according to a Bloomberg survey of economists. Most see a drop below $1.35 if Britons decide to leave the bloc on June 23, while the median estimate following a victory for the status quo is for it to jump to as high as $1.50.A Brexit vote “would certainly be a shock event for currency markets in a way that’s pretty unusual outside of major financial crises,” said Michael Bell, a global market strategist at JPMorgan Asset Management in London, which manages $1.7 trillion in assets. “The pound would fall very sharply.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-12/pound-judgment-day-means-either-drop-to-30-year-low-or-5-rally

I am not really great at searching, has anyone looked at the possibility that the Euro might even take a nose dive after the referendum?

June 11 2016 Germany Panics Over Brexit - Largest Newspaper Begs Brits "Please Don't Go"

"Down on their knees Germans beg UK to not Brexit. Does this have to do with the bonds between the British Royals and the official not existent but unofficial still very respectable German Aristocracy? No, it has to do with the fear that a Brexit could trigger the EU collapse."

But we're seeing the same thing from a number of different entities, not the least from the US financial markets so no, I seriously doubt there's a link to royalty!

I confess I'm at a loss to understand peoples attitudes on Brexit, most are not interested in trying to understand the economic impacts which will almost certainly be substantially negative for many many years. I get the immigration aspect being a motivator but even that is misguided; I get the patriotic aspect also and I have sympathies in that area. Interestingly most Brexit voters start their arguments with the how much money EU membership costs us yet when you look deeper into the financial aspects of leaving they don't want to know, many say they don't care, it'll be worth they tell us, oh really!

Sadly and I mean really sadly, I'm inclined to think that this is a left versus right, haves versus have nots, old versus young issue, it's nonsense to think much of it at all is driven by national pride.

7 out of 10 younger people back Remain; 73% of under 30's want to Remain; 63% of over 60's want to Leave, wow, that speaks volumes right there.

Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and London want to Remain; The Midlands Yorkshire and Humberside want to Brexit badly, poorer industrial and more economically deprived areas support Brexit, same reasons as above yet again.

7 out of 10 UK university graduates want to Remain, GCSE holders want to Brexit, this aspect is starting to look pretty conclusive I'm sad to say.

AB social classes vote to Remain by 62% over social classes C2 and DE at 38% who want to exit, have's versus have nots again.

The majority of Sun Mail and Express readers want to leave, Times and Guardian readers want to Remain, no surprises there whatsoever!

It's great analysis, no longer do you have to ask whether a person is for or against the EU you simply have to ask where they live in the UK, what newspaper they read and what's their education and social class profile, chances are extremely strong those things will yield the correct answer. Patriotism? Hmmm, as another poster said recently, piffle, and there's no point in trying to hide behind that smoke screen any longer, you've been sussed!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/21/eu-referendum-who-in-britain-wants-to-leave-and-who-wants-to-rem/

Yes the remain side do have some so called very intelligent famous people backing them,or should that be infamous.

P.s When does the Chilcot report come out,before or after the referendum.

post-78707-0-67071800-1465867517_thumb.j

Cameron under more pressure over his scaremongering campaign for Remain.

Mr Truell - one of the Tory parties main contributors has said he will pull back from funding the party while Cameron is still in charge.

He is also quoted as saying, The much greater risk is remaining within the EU, they've got explicit plans to destroy British pensions."

And

Former foreign secretary John Nott suspended his own membership from the Tory party because of "poisonous" David Cameron's "tirade of fear" against a Brexit.

It seems Cameron is doing BREXIT a whole world of good cheesy.gif

And now the remain campaign are so scared of a BREXIT that they have asked Cameron to stand down and let Labour Party Corbyn take over the reigns. Yet the Labour party is already split over BREXIT with - it seems - the party haemorraging support to BREXIT.

For some reason, Corbyn tends to forget that many immigrants are being shovelled into Labour and 'working class' constituencies. But the people know what is happening and the people do not like it.

Let the scare stories keep on coming.

post-78707-0-03832600-1465867665_thumb.j

Education is the key word. I've been told that superior intellectuals are backing Brexit and lowly uneducated retards are backing remain. It's only what I've heard, though.

does that mean in a couple of weeks the ratio "intellectual : retards" of the British electorate will be known? huh.png

Don't have to wait that long,as we already know,they're voting Remain.

post-78707-0-60473500-1465867999_thumb.j

Edited by nontabury

But we're seeing the same thing from a number of different entities, not the least from the US financial markets so no, I seriously doubt there's a link to royalty!

I confess I'm at a loss to understand peoples attitudes on Brexit, most are not interested in trying to understand the economic impacts which will almost certainly be substantially negative for many many years. I get the immigration aspect being a motivator but even that is misguided; I get the patriotic aspect also and I have sympathies in that area. Interestingly most Brexit voters start their arguments with the how much money EU membership costs us yet when you look deeper into the financial aspects of leaving they don't want to know, many say they don't care, it'll be worth they tell us, oh really!

Sadly and I mean really sadly, I'm inclined to think that this is a left versus right, haves versus have nots, old versus young issue, it's nonsense to think much of it at all is driven by national pride.

7 out of 10 younger people back Remain; 73% of under 30's want to Remain; 63% of over 60's want to Leave, wow, that speaks volumes right there.

Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and London want to Remain; The Midlands Yorkshire and Humberside want to Brexit badly, poorer industrial and more economically deprived areas support Brexit, same reasons as above yet again.

7 out of 10 UK university graduates want to Remain, GCSE holders want to Brexit, this aspect is starting to look pretty conclusive I'm sad to say.

AB social classes vote to Remain by 62% over social classes C2 and DE at 38% who want to exit, have's versus have nots again.

The majority of Sun Mail and Express readers want to leave, Times and Guardian readers want to Remain, no surprises there whatsoever!

It's great analysis, no longer do you have to ask whether a person is for or against the EU you simply have to ask where they live in the UK, what newspaper they read and what's their education and social class profile, chances are extremely strong those things will yield the correct answer. Patriotism? Hmmm, as another poster said recently, piffle, and there's no point in trying to hide behind that smoke screen any longer, you've been sussed!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/21/eu-referendum-who-in-britain-wants-to-leave-and-who-wants-to-rem/

CM

You constantly talk about the financial impacts of a Brexit.

So let me ask you a couple of direct questions.

1. What do you think financial impact will be in the event of a remain ?

2. Today, what do you think the financial cost to the UK is for membership of the EU ?

Poor deluded Gordon

It is not just here in Britain, it is in Trump in America, other movements in America, other movements in Europe - Greece, Spain, Germany, Austria. Globalisation creates this sense there’s a runaway train out of control. What we need to do is to show we can manage globalisation and global change in the public interest but at the same time we have got to respect people’s love of national identity.

We’ve got to show that we can balance the autonomy that people want with the co-operation we need. That is what the European Union is about.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/13/eu-referendum-live-labour-remain-campaign-final-10-days-vote

Movements everywhere, especially across Europe, but he thinks he is correct and more EU is the answer facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

CM

2. Today, what do you think the financial cost to the UK is for membership of the EU ?

I'm not answering your questions Sarg., especially ones I've already answered. As said previously we don't seem to be able to communicate effectively so let's not even bother.

CM

I'm not answering your questions Sarg., especially ones I've already answered. As said previously we don't seem to be able to communicate effectively so let's not even bother.

No, you have not answered. For the simple reason you have no answers.

The 2 questions I posed above are simple and straightforward, no ambiguity and the only communication problem is coming from you, by not being able to communicate, fudging and denial.

I will rephrase question 2 for you.

Today, do you believe that being a member of the EU costs the UK £12 Billion annually, less rebate, or is the cost different from this figure ?

CM

" we don't seem to be able to communicate effectively " ..................

and that is the sum total of the entire remain crowd. They are unable to communicate why it would be good for Britain to remain so they rely only on scaremongeringbah.gif

Fair question

Not only is it a fair question. It is a question that will be avoided like the plague by the remainers as the correct answer destroys their argument for remaining in the EU.

You'll be on someone's ignore list soon enough for being disrespectful, SgtRock. Boo hoo.

Fair question

Not only is it a fair question. It is a question that will be avoided like the plague by the remainers as the correct answer destroys their argument for remaining in the EU.

You'll be on someone's ignore list soon enough for being disrespectful, SgtRock. Boo hoo.

I know a man that has control of a fully armed drone biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

June 11 2016 Germany Panics Over Brexit - Largest Newspaper Begs Brits "Please Don't Go"

"Down on their knees Germans beg UK to not Brexit. Does this have to do with the bonds between the British Royals and the official not existent but unofficial still very respectable German Aristocracy? No, it has to do with the fear that a Brexit could trigger the EU collapse."

I live in the East Midlands so that supports the Telegraph's article, I think you actually need to be on the ground here in the UK to see what uncontrolled migration has done to the country, more so in the traditional working class areas, possibily these are by definition the more cheaper areas so would attract more poorer migrants, this is where we feel the impact, on housing, schools,doctors waiting times, jobs etc where you walk through your city and do not here English spoken, where as the more affluent areas would feel the impact less, I for one accept that there well nay be a price to pay for leaving, to me the choice is more of the same, or take the hit, we have had recessions before while I would prefer no to have another if thats the price to get our country back it will be a small one, as to all the scare stories, for a start maybe they worked for a while, now I am tired of hearing them and treat them as just that scare stories you tell little children to frighten them.

• The Establishment Has Lost Its Hold On The People, Brexit Gains Momentumclap2.gif

" People around the world are sick and tired of the status quo. They are sick and tired of the overly political correctness and the way that the system is attempting to control every aspect of our lives. You can see this growing wave of discontent from the ever-growing amount of politicians getting elected around the world with a nationalist ideology."

and this should have been the most obvious OF ALL !!!

" The government propaganda was working, but has now been chipped away as the facts of how it is destroying those countries partaking can no longer be ignored. "clap2.gif

https://www.sprottmoney.com/blog/the-establishment-has-lost-its-hold-on-the-people-brexit-gains-momentum.html

Edited by Asiantravel

I live in the East Midlands so that supports the Telegraph's article, I think you actually need to be on the ground here in the UK to see what uncontrolled migration has done to the country, more so in the traditional working class areas, possibily these are by definition the more cheaper areas so would attract more poorer migrants, this is where we feel the impact, on housing, schools,doctors waiting times, jobs etc where you walk through your city and do not here English spoken, where as the more affluent areas would feel the impact less, I for one accept that there well nay be a price to pay for leaving, to me the choice is more of the same, or take the hit, we have had recessions before while I would prefer no to have another if thats the price to get our country back it will be a small one, as to all the scare stories, for a start maybe they worked for a while, now I am tired of hearing them and treat them as just that scare stories you tell little children to frighten them.

Brexit won't change any of the above. What you need is Asian exit. How many of the immigrants that make your life so difficult come from Europe and how many cone from India,Pakistan etc?

Brexit won't change any of the above. What you need is Asian exit. How many of the immigrants that make your life so difficult come from Europe and how many cone from India,Pakistan etc?

Not overnight but a Brexit is a message to the government that we won't be ruled by the EU and mandate that the government reviews the current immigration shambles in favour of a points based Aussie-style system.

It's a starting point and we won't be ignored any longer.

Vote out.

Edited by wooloomooloo

Fair question

I really can't debate this stuff with you Rock, we're on totally different wave lengths when it comes to debates, economics and finance and as I said yesterday, let's agree to disagree and move on.

And I'm not going to get drawn into some banal discussion with you over what the EU membership fee is or isn't, it's whatever it is, end of story. The issue for me which you completely fail to understand (which is why we're not going to debate anything) is the negative impact of Brexit of the current scenario, the today position or the status quo, it's a costly and dangerous scenario which most Brexiteers fail to comprehend or or simply say they don't care about. OK cool, if you're happy to go forward in the knowledge that you really don't the finances or don't care, so be it and when it comes raining down on your head later you gave no room to gripe. And you have been warned by experts from all over the globe and you've seen evidence already on markets that what is being said to you is true, ignore it at your peril, you simply call it all scaremongering or similar, pretty amazing really.

Right, I need to get back to my painting project which is on the scale of the Fourth Bridge and about as much fun!

Nail, head.

Not overnight but a Brexit is a message to the government that we won't be ruled by the EU and mandate that the government reviews the current immigration shambles in favour of a points based Aussie-style system.

It's a starting point and we won't be ignored any longer.

Vote out.

Maybe yes, maybe not.. In this link a different point of view

Fair question

I really can't debate this stuff with you Rock, we're on totally different wave lengths when it comes to debates, economics and finance and as I said yesterday, let's agree to disagree and move on.

And I'm not going to get drawn into some banal discussion with you over what the EU membership fee is or isn't, it's whatever it is, end of story. The issue for me which you completely fail to understand (which is why we're not going to debate anything) is the negative impact of Brexit of the current scenario, the today position or the status quo, it's a costly and dangerous scenario which most Brexiteers fail to comprehend or or simply say they don't care about. OK cool, if you're happy to go forward in the knowledge that you really don't the finances or don't care, so be it and when it comes raining down on your head later you gave no room to gripe. And you have been warned by experts from all over the globe and you've seen evidence already on markets that what is being said to you is true, ignore it at your peril, you simply call it all scaremongering or similar, pretty amazing really.

Right, I need to get back to my painting project which is on the scale of the Fourth Bridge and about as much fun!

I really can't debate this stuff with you Rock, we're on totally different wave lengths when it comes to debates, economics and finance

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I know. This great unwashed and highly uneducated knuckle dragger would put your lack of knowledge on the EU to shame.

No need to spit the dummy out the pram. Your response above tells me everything.

I have already acknowledged, on numerous occasions that there will be negative impacts of leaving the EU. That is not in question. Whether those those negatives outweigh the positives are another matter altogether.

You are the one that is ignoring, obfuscating and denying. That is why you will not answer the simple question that I posed for you. It is also why I said that not one remainer will go near it with a barge poll. The answer destroy's their whole EU argument.

3 different threads on how Brexiters are the great unwashed and so uneducated. YEAH, RIGHT.