New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

Just been confirmed from the ECJ

The European court of justice has ruled in favour of the UK in the case about whether the government has the right to refuse child benefit and child tax credits to EU citizens who do not have a “right of residence”. The challenge was brought by the European commission.

Fearmongering has not worked. What can we do to keep the UK in the EU at any cost.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fearmongering has not worked. What can we do to keep the UK in the EU at any cost.

We're now at the point where the EU are realising that Brexit significantly impacts the EU more than it will the UK.

Good effin' riddance.

Edited by wooloomooloo

No surprise from The Sun! Unfortunately it looks like Brexit will win. The whole campaign has been poorly managed by Cameron. Hopefully he will be out as a result. Are we getting nearer to a Corbyn government?

I wouldn't go as far to say it has been poorly managed, it's just that people are fed up of the tripe that comes with the EU but are quite for something like the EEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst drinking a cold beer

No surprise from The Sun! Unfortunately it looks like Brexit will win. The whole campaign has been poorly managed by Cameron. Hopefully he will be out as a result. Are we getting nearer to a Corbyn government?

The Sun is Murdoch so as you say, no surprise there.

I wouldn't be too confident about Brexit having won anything at this stage, the fat lady hasn't even murmured!

FT poll of polls put it on 45% to 47% in favour of Leave with 9% undecided.

Ladbrookes says 58% chance of remain with odds on leaving at 5/4. http://sports.ladbrokes.com/sports-central/uk-eu-referendum/

I wouldn't be too confident about Brexit having won anything at this stage, the fat lady hasn't even murmured!

Ladbrookes says 58% chance of remain with odds on leaving at 5/4. http://sports.ladbrokes.com/sports-central/uk-eu-referendum/

I don't do polls and odds but I can agree with the fat lady,,,,it ain't over till it's over and no one will know until the results, it can't be predicted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst drinking a cold beer

The bookies are never wrong.... A last minute surge to Remain by the 'don't knows' and Labour getting their act together, just might save the day!

The bookies are never wrong.... A last minute surge to Remain by the 'don't knows' and Labour getting their act together, just might save the day!

JP Morgan says credit markets are now saying there's only a 28% chance of the UK leaving, down from 51% previously.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/02/22/will-the-uk-leave-the-eu-how-to-track-the-odds-of-a-brexit/.

They got it wrong on the Belgium v Italy game.

The bookies are never wrong....

Okay, so Accrington Stanley are 8/11 to beat Wycombe Wanderers at 3/1 and Wycombe beat Accrington 5-0.

Did the bookies get it wrong?

Sorry, I meant to be rhetorical but forgot the question mark!

I'm going to forgive and forget, reluctantly. wink.png

Pearls of wisdom from Alan Johnson, chair of Remain, Labour Party

• Johnson rejected claims that Labour had been unwilling to talk about immigration.

No Party has been willing to talk about immigration for the last 15 years. Every mention of the word has been shouted down with the old battle cry '' Racist and xenophobe ''

• He said leaving the EU would make the immigration situation worse.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Nuff said

• He rejected claims that Labour MPs were out of touch with the views of their supporters on immigration.

At least 50% of Labour voters are alleged to be voting out. Perhaps Labour MP's are lying and are closet Brexiters.

• He rejected claims that people did not believe the warnings from experts about the economic impact of Brexit.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/14/eu-referendum-live-polls-sun-brexit-remain-panic

No Alan. We do believe the claims of the experts. We do not believe that the claims are anywhere as bad as the experts are claiming. Remember, they are CLAIMS and PROJECTIONS, they are not facts.

Edited by SgtRock

You know very little about bookies.

Their job is not to be right - but to balance the books. If there are too many bets one way, they have to sweeten the odds the other way.

That is how the odds are set. Nothing to do with fortune telling at all.

Pearls of wisdom from Alan Johnson, chair of Remain, Labour Party

No Party has been willing to talk about immigration for the last 15 years. Every mention of the word has been shouted down with the old battle cry '' Racist and xenophobe ''

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Nuff said

• He rejected claims that Labour MPs were out of touch with the views of their supporters on immigration.

At least 50% of Labour voters are alleged to be voting out. Perhaps Labour MP's are lying and are closet Brexiters.

• He rejected claims that people did not believe the warnings from experts about the economic impact of Brexit.

No Alan. We do believe the claims of the experts. We do not believe that the claims are anywhere as bad as the experts are claiming. Remember, they are CLAIMS and PROJECTIONS, they are not facts.

Firstly, none of what you claim as quoted is in quotes thus I for one am unsure if indeed it is a quote from a first or second hand source or merely something you've imagined!

Plus, you do not provide a link to the source so that readers can view ALL of what was said rather than just the phrases you choose to cherry pick!

Please adjust, make forum legal and post the link for our reconsideration.

Many thanks.

I don't feel like playing the baiting game with you wooloo and I know you and me are never going to debate any topic. So go read the thread for any answers you might want and/or go find somebody else to bait and then flame. You and me are done in this thread.

I really can't debate this stuff with you Rock, we're on totally different wave lengths when it comes to debates, economics and finance and as I said yesterday, let's agree to disagree and move on.

There's a familiar ring to CM's latest obfuscation, SgtRock.

I note CM is almost out of debate, of his own making, and reduced to discussing within his remain camp buddies.

Oh well.

I don't expect all but a handful of Brexiteers to open the link let alone read the contents, it's quite complex but fortunately it's not very long hence no problem for ADD types. If you think you're up to the task I recommend you try. It starts with:

"U.K. voters seeking to gauge the impact of a potential 'Brexit' on the economy could be forgiven for not having turned their minds to the money markets - yet".

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-14/brexit-won-t-somebody-think-of-the-money-markets

Firstly, none of what you claim as quoted is in quotes thus I for one am unsure if indeed it is a quote from a first or second hand source or merely something you've imagined!

Plus, you do not provide a link to the source so that readers can view ALL of what was said rather than just the phrases you choose to cherry pick!

Please adjust, make forum legal and post the link for our reconsideration.

Many thanks.

Link inserted in original post. I apologise profusely for my oversight.

Here is the one part that you are scared to touch with a barge pole. From the same link.

Which is the question I asked you earlier that you refused to answer.

There are also many other costs, direct and indirect, of EU membership on top of our official contributions to the EU’s budget.
Edited by SgtRock

Here is the one part that you are scared to touch with a barge pole. From the same link.

There are also many other costs, direct and indirect, of EU membership on top of our official contributions to the EU’s budget.

Many thanks for inserting that link, now please insert the link to your following quote above. Many thanks.

Many thanks for inserting that link, now please insert the link to your following quote above. Many thanks.

Are you trolling CM ?

Highlighted above.

Are you trolling CM ?

Highlighted above.

"The letter, signed by 13 ministers and senior Tories, also claimed that leaving the EU could theoretically save the UK up to £43bn because it would allow the government to pass legislation saying the UK would no longer be bound by European court of justice rulings forcing HM Revenue and Customs to pay tax refunds. It says:

There are also many other costs, direct and indirect, of EU membership on top of our official contributions to the EU’s budget....."..

You and me are truly done on this subject, I've told you twice I can't debate this subject with you and now I've wasted an accumulated one hour of my life today responding to your nonsense, just because you read an article that mentions potential future theoretical savings.

Go away and don't come back.

Are you trolling CM ?

Highlighted above.

"The letter, signed by 13 ministers and senior Tories, also claimed that leaving the EU could theoretically save the UK up to £43bn because it would allow the government to pass legislation saying the UK would no longer be bound by European court of justice rulings forcing HM Revenue and Customs to pay tax refunds. It says:

There are also many other costs, direct and indirect, of EU membership on top of our official contributions to the EU’s budget....."..

You and me are truly done on this subject, I've told you twice I can't debate this subject with you and now I've wasted an accumulated one hour of my life today responding to your nonsense, just because you read an article that mentions potential future theoretical savings.

Go away and don't come back.

Well done CM. You have just highlighted what I long suspected.

You do not have a clue.

I deliberately did not highlight the tax avoidance issue. I was making the point on the hidden / indirect costs, not the tax avoidance issue.

But it is now very clear that you actually have no idea what the hidden / indirect costs of the EU are, just another reason why you avoided the direct question I asked in post 861. Just for you, I will ask it again.

Today, do you believe that being a member of the EU costs the UK £12 Billion annually, less rebate, or is the cost different from this figure ?

If you need any further assistance in researching these hidden / indirect costs, just let me know. I will be more than happy to bring your knowledge levels up to the standard of the great unwashed and uneducated people.

Edited by SgtRock