New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

The latest polls have Leave with a 19 point lead and the Remain camp getting ever more desperate as the hours tick down. Only a few more days till we get our own independence day like the Americans thumbsup.gif

Oh and the PP you do not understand is an old military term for P*ss Poor. It comes from the old 6 P's saying

Proper Preperation Prevents P*ss Poor Performance biggrin.png

"Oh and the PP you do not understand" - you don't understand satire, I can tell! rolleyes.gif

I thought you weren't going to post anymore?

We can't stop ourselves arguing the point, even though there's nothing we can do now apart from wait for the result.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donald Tusk, the President of the European Council

But Donald Tusk, president of the European council, has gone much further. If Britain leaves the EU, that could eventually end up with the downfall of Western civilisation, he says.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/13/eu-referendum-live-labour-remain-campaign-final-10-days-vote

Smell the fear.

The latest polls have Leave with a 19 point lead and the Remain camp getting ever more desperate as the hours tick down. Only a few more days till we get our own independence day like the Americans thumbsup.gif

Oh and the PP you do not understand is an old military term for P*ss Poor. It comes from the old 6 P's saying

Sorry, but you'll have to wait a little longer. The referendum result is not binding. Exit terms will need to be negotiated and then voted on by parliament. It's quite possible that after the terms have been negotiated, a 2nd referendum will be held, on "improved" remain terms, or Brexit. A similar thing happened in Ireland and France following their referendums on treaty changes.

"Oh and the PP you do not understand" - you don't understand satire, I can tell! rolleyes.gif

We can't stop ourselves arguing the point, even though there's nothing we can do now apart from wait for the result.

Indeed. But in a two horse race where the bookies have one at 5/2 ON and the other 2/1 against it could be assumed that the Remainians are home and dry - by a comfortable margin.

Why, on the ground, does it not feel like that ?

Indeed. But in a two horse race where the bookies have one at 5/2 ON and the other 2/1 against it could be assumed that the Remainians are home and dry - by a comfortable margin.

When faced with the choice of which camp will win, based on the bookies odds versus how you feel, I choose the bookies.

It seems as though this balloon has deflated, Grouse seems to have given up the fight, lesser men would have quit days ago, even the detractors and would be trolls have gone quiet, that's a sure sign of death.

Time to move on.

Maybe he's in transit to the UK,as I do believe the remain crowd needs,someone who will never admit they're so obviously wrong. It's all about having a superior formal education. I just hope he gets on national TV, then Brexit will win by at least 30%.

When faced with the choice of which camp will win, based on the bookies odds versus how you feel, I choose the bookies.

The bookies know when a result has been fixed.

Out of 825 comments you win the trophy for the most absurd.

7/4 is the best I can find this evening [iCT]. Ahem, 11/4 was taken by someone I know very well just two days ago. It's all about timing.

Cameron under more pressure over his scaremongering campaign for Remain.

Mr Truell - one of the Tory parties main contributors has said he will pull back from funding the party while Cameron is still in charge.

He is also quoted as saying, “The much greater risk is remaining within the EU, they've got explicit plans to destroy British pensions."

And

Former foreign secretary John Nott suspended his own membership from the Tory party because of "poisonous" David Cameron's "tirade of fear" against a Brexit.

It seems Cameron is doing BREXIT a whole world of good cheesy.gif

And now the remain campaign are so scared of a BREXIT that they have asked Cameron to stand down and let Labour Party Corbyn take over the reigns. Yet the Labour party is already split over BREXIT with - it seems - the party haemorraging support to BREXIT.

For some reason, Corbyn tends to forget that many immigrants are being shovelled into Labour and 'working class' constituencies. But the people know what is happening and the people do not like it.

It seems as though this balloon has deflated, Grouse seems to have given up the fight, lesser men would have quit days ago, even the detractors and would be trolls have gone quiet, that's a sure sign of death.

Time to move on.

Maybe he's in transit to the UK,as I do believe the remain crowd needs,someone who will never admit they're so obviously wrong. It's all about having a superior formal education. I just hope he gets on national TV, then Brexit will win by at least 30%.

Education is the key word. I've been told that superior intellectuals are backing Brexit and lowly uneducated retards are backing remain. It's only what I've heard, though.

Sorry, but you'll have to wait a little longer. The referendum result is not binding. Exit terms will need to be negotiated and then voted on by parliament. It's quite possible that after the terms have been negotiated, a 2nd referendum will be held, on "improved" remain terms, or Brexit. A similar thing happened in Ireland and France following their referendums on treaty changes.

I would't be at all surprised if you are right. There'll be some ploy in hand to take away the democratic wish of the people.They'll have a two year window in organize this deceit, during which time everything will continue as now,including our payment to Brussels.

I would't be at all surprised if you are right. There'll be some ploy in hand to take away the democratic wish of the people.They'll have a two year window in organize this deceit, during which time everything will continue as now,including our payment to Brussels.

IMHO if the result is for a Brexit then I suspect that nobody in the EU will be able to stop it no matter what they say or quote. If any government of any stripe in the UK wants to stay in the EU, assuming a Brexit, that government will not be in power for long.

IMHO if the result is for a Brexit then I suspect that nobody in the EU will be able to stop it no matter what they say or quote. If any government of any stripe in the UK wants to stay in the EU, assuming a Brexit, that government will not be in power for long.

Hope your right,although I have to say,there are quite a number of arrogant MP's who think they know better than the rest of us, add to these the 50 odd SNP's who have already declined to state that they will not hamper an exit bill through Parliament.

Education is the key word. I've been told that superior intellectuals are backing Brexit and lowly uneducated retards are backing remain. It's only what I've heard, though.

does that mean in a couple of weeks the ratio "intellectual : retards" of the British electorate will be known? huh.png

does that mean in a couple of weeks the ratio "intellectual : retards" of the British electorate will be known? huh.png

I'm wondering whether you've been closely following the thread, Naam.

Just so we're clear, it's a running joke. Take care.

Hope your right,although I have to say,there are quite a number of arrogant MP's who think they know better than the rest of us, add to these the 50 odd SNP's who have already declined to state that they will not hamper an exit bill through Parliament.

Scotland is unlikely to vote for Brexit, so the SNP MPs would be acting democratically.

Scotland is unlikely to vote for Brexit, so the SNP MPs would be acting democratically.

Alot may well vote for Brexit in the hope that would be a good excuse to get another referendum of their own.

I'm wondering whether you've been closely following the thread, Naam.

Just so we're clear, it's a running joke. Take care.

i am well aware that most comments by pro-BRexiteers describing "why" can be considered as running jokes. tongue.png

It will be a running joke in ten days time. Independence Day, my friend.

i sincerely wish you are right because an exit vote would mean a long overdue kick in currency markets and markets in general. but i don't believe in polls and have not yet positioned myself.

Regarding wives of EU citizens being exempt from the restrictions,that apply to those wives of British citizens, the rules do apply and I cannot see them being changed, unless there is a Brexit and then our masters may try and pull a fast one,by insisting on another referendum,where the EU deems to grant us a few so-called concessions.

Cameron claims change is on the way - "And an end to the ridiculous situation where EU nationals can avoid British immigration rules when bringing their families from outside the EU" in his Prime Ministerial statement of 19 February 2016.

The right of non-Britons comes from the Metock judgement's interpretation of the free movement provisions for family members in Directive 2004/38/EC. It used to be believed that dual nationals had this right, and its exploitation by British/Irish dual nationals was known as the 'Irish route'.

June 11 2016 Germany Panics Over Brexit - Largest Newspaper Begs Brits "Please Don't Go"

"Down on their knees Germans beg UK to not Brexit. Does this have to do with the bonds between the British Royals and the official not existent but unofficial still very respectable German Aristocracy? No, it has to do with the fear that a Brexit could trigger the EU collapse."

spiegel.jpg

June 11 2016 Germany Panics Over Brexit - Largest Newspaper Begs Brits "Please Don't Go"

"Down on their knees Germans beg UK to not Brexit. Does this have to do with the bonds between the British Royals and the official not existent but unofficial still very respectable German Aristocracy? No, it has to do with the fear that a Brexit could trigger the EU collapse."

But we're seeing the same thing from a number of different entities, not the least from the US financial markets so no, I seriously doubt there's a link to royalty!

I confess I'm at a loss to understand peoples attitudes on Brexit, most are not interested in trying to understand the economic impacts which will almost certainly be substantially negative for many many years. I get the immigration aspect being a motivator but even that is misguided; I get the patriotic aspect also and I have sympathies in that area. Interestingly most Brexit voters start their arguments with the how much money EU membership costs us yet when you look deeper into the financial aspects of leaving they don't want to know, many say they don't care, it'll be worth they tell us, oh really!

Sadly and I mean really sadly, I'm inclined to think that this is a left versus right, haves versus have nots, old versus young issue, it's nonsense to think much of it at all is driven by national pride.

7 out of 10 younger people back Remain; 73% of under 30's want to Remain; 63% of over 60's want to Leave, wow, that speaks volumes right there.

Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and London want to Remain; The Midlands Yorkshire and Humberside want to Brexit badly, poorer industrial and more economically deprived areas support Brexit, same reasons as above yet again.

7 out of 10 UK university graduates want to Remain, GCSE holders want to Brexit, this aspect is starting to look pretty conclusive I'm sad to say.

AB social classes vote to Remain by 62% over social classes C2 and DE at 38% who want to exit, have's versus have nots again.

The majority of Sun Mail and Express readers want to leave, Times and Guardian readers want to Remain, no surprises there whatsoever!

It's great analysis, no longer do you have to ask whether a person is for or against the EU you simply have to ask where they live in the UK, what newspaper they read and what's their education and social class profile, chances are extremely strong those things will yield the correct answer. Patriotism? Hmmm, as another poster said recently, piffle, and there's no point in trying to hide behind that smoke screen any longer, you've been sussed!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/21/eu-referendum-who-in-britain-wants-to-leave-and-who-wants-to-rem/

Edited by chiang mai

I know you don't care about this today but you will next week if Brexit is the answer - the article is named, "Judgement Day" and no, it's not about a movie;

"The day after next week’s referendum on European Union membership, the pound will either sink to the lowest level in more than three decades or climb toward the highest this year, according to a Bloomberg survey of economists. Most see a drop below $1.35 if Britons decide to leave the bloc on June 23, while the median estimate following a victory for the status quo is for it to jump to as high as $1.50.A Brexit vote “would certainly be a shock event for currency markets in a way that’s pretty unusual outside of major financial crises,” said Michael Bell, a global market strategist at JPMorgan Asset Management in London, which manages $1.7 trillion in assets. “The pound would fall very sharply.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-12/pound-judgment-day-means-either-drop-to-30-year-low-or-5-rally

I know you don't care about this today but you will next week if Brexit is the answer - the article is named, "Judgement Day" and no, it's not about a movie;

"The day after next week’s referendum on European Union membership, the pound will either sink to the lowest level in more than three decades or climb toward the highest this year, according to a Bloomberg survey of economists. Most see a drop below $1.35 if Britons decide to leave the bloc on June 23, while the median estimate following a victory for the status quo is for it to jump to as high as $1.50.A Brexit vote “would certainly be a shock event for currency markets in a way that’s pretty unusual outside of major financial crises,” said Michael Bell, a global market strategist at JPMorgan Asset Management in London, which manages $1.7 trillion in assets. “The pound would fall very sharply.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-12/pound-judgment-day-means-either-drop-to-30-year-low-or-5-rally

a victory for the status quo is for it to jump to as high as $1.50

There is a potential that a victory for the status quo is unlikely to cause much of any increase in the GBP value, if at all.

British issues with the EU would remain unresolved, further fragmenting the UK members politically and other EU members may pursue similar exit actions triggered by UK's referendum if there is a high percentage for Exit. Thus, a defeat of Brexit might cause as much economic volitility as a victory. The short-term result might then see a drop in the GBP value as well.

nobody is panicking and nobody is on their kneesgigglem.gif these slogans are inventions of "zero-hedge", a well known website for sensationalist exaggerations and quite often blatant lies.

by the way, "Der Spiegel" is not a newspaper but a weekly magazine.