Murder hunt on after Bangkok man fired at drinking buddies

webfact

Murder hunt on after Bangkok man fired at drinking buddies

bkk.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok police are hunting a 21 year old man responsible for a shooting this morning that left one man dead and another injured.

Wattana district police are looking for Nakharin Thongmen who escaped in a black Toyota Fortuner after four shots were fired at 3K Mansion in Soi Pridee Phanomyong 36 around 2am reported Manager Online.

A group of friends had been drinking in front of 3K Mansion when a fight broke out. The shooter couldn't compete and went inside the building to get a gun.

Dead at the scene in front of a Family Mart store was Somsong Phaengkhai, 27. He had been shot in both the left and right nipples and left leg. Hit by a stray bullet in the right arm and hospitalized was Thichakorn Khamwen, 25.

Police called to the scene found a trail of blood leading from the building where the shooting took place to the convenience store. A friend of the deceased man said that they were drinking alcohol when a man he called "Tor" arrived. He placed a bag of drug taking paraphernalia nearby and seeing this they told him they didn't want anything to do with that. An argument and fist fight broke out and when Tor was outnumbered he rushed into the building. They chased him but he soon emerged with a gun and started shooting. The friends all ran off in different directions.

"Tor" was seen dumping a Honda motorbike then driving off in the Fortuner.

Police are studying CCTV footage to follow the trail of the shooter.

Source: Manager Online

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-07

Its both crazy and worrying how volatile these people are, no rational adult has an argument goes get a gun and shoots dead the person only to either commit suicide or spend alot of time in prison.

Tthe guy will hopefully have the next 20+ years sitting in a hole of a cell, with nothing to do except think of his actions.

Its both crazy and worrying how volatile these people are, no rational adult has an argument goes get a gun and shoots dead the person only to either commit suicide or spend alot of time in prison.

Tthe guy will hopefully have the next 20+ years sitting in a hole of a cell, with nothing to do except think of his actions.

H will say he was drunk and upset and didnt know what he was doing. Sorry

We can take it your not from America then....................coffee1.gif

I really miss rational thinking and common sense.

Life is getting much shorter for many who associate with the wrong people.

I'm glad I have no children so I don't have to think about their future.

Horrible. I know that area well as our maid lives there and I have often joined her and her pals for a few drinks there on a Sunday afternoon.

There are a lot of young guys in that area, working hard, boozing hard, trying just as hard to get a woman, though many aren't in the game financially due to low wages there. At times trouble seems just a wrong step away especially among the group who hang around outside a karaoke bar there, trying their luck with the girls. They have been involved in a few incidents in the past.

Outside of the smattering of Karaoke bars on the soi or the sex workers living in the cheap accommodation in the area (conveniently close to the lucrative working grounds of the fleshpots of Lower Sukhumwit), there are few women, especially 'women of virtue'; too few to 'go around' as it were; always a potential catalyst for a booze fuelled violent incident.

I have seen a few booze fuelled disputes over women in the past though nothing on this scale, usually a fist fight or verbals.

On the whole most folks seem happy-go-lucky, making the most of their lot, however leading simple but hard lives just meters away from the far more affluent parts of Sukhumwit it becomes easier to see how the frail Thai Male Ego can be 'on the edge' in that area as it were.....

One incident I witnessed was when one lad snapped after spending his little all on one lass, only for her to pop off to Thong Lor after a call to pastures possibly more rewarding. Luckily that lad was calmed down before he did anything daft but whether he was 'on drugs' or not I couldn't say but he'd certainly had a skinful yet was calmed down easily enough with some wise words from his elders...

Bangkok police are hunting a 21 year old man

How does the media decide on which 21 year old to call a "man" vs. "youth"?

Answer: If the 21 year old has a police officer as parent, then he's a 'youth".

This guy doesn't have the right parents...

Or if he have a rich family and become a monk for some years he is off the hook.

Gun culture, simple as that

Incorrect.

Thai culture of being unable to accept defeat when they can still 'win' via other means.

Same the Iranian that was shot in the nightclub, the Thai said that he was losing the fight and the only way to win was to pull out his gun and shoot him.

Sure, combine alcohol and wham. Stay away from Thais that have been drinking, they are for the most part emotionally and mentally unbalanced due to the culture and society, suffer from repressed anger and have a sense of Ego that is borderline psychotic.

Na khrap. wai.gif

Gun culture, simple as that

The research demonstrates that simply having a gun in the proximity increases aggression and the likelihood of violence...I cannot help but wonder how many illegal guns are out there...in Chicago, you just assume EVERYONE has a gun...is this true of Thailand as well?

Is it just me or is this madness happening a lot more lately?

Guy gets killed trying to avoid drugs, you couldn't make this up.

I presume as papers cannot really report on any political news that they are compensating by focusing on "human interest" stories. Any crime etc but with no political overtones which might get them into trouble.

Im sure it happens in the West but how many times do hear the words "friends" or "buddies" used in these reports. It must be a translation error. I mean who shoots your friends over such trivia?

When you read the article, there is nothing to support the headline's claim that they were "buddies" or that Tor was drinking with them.

A group of friends were drinking together, Tor (who they knew by name) showed up, and they decided to kick the crap out of him, with the self-serving claim it was over his drug use. Hardly an act of friends.

Is it just me or is this madness happening a lot more lately?

Guy gets killed trying to avoid drugs, you couldn't make this up.

It's a daily occurrence...and we only hear of about 20% of these incidents......most aren't reported to the media.

"Crime statistics from the Royal Thai Police (RTP) show a statistically negligible increase of 1.9 percent over the same period, with 920 additional crimes reported after an overall decline since 2009.[6]"

When things like this happen, it's reassuring to know that it's not really a problem.

H will say he was drunk and upset and didnt know what he was doing. Sorry

Yes he was drugged and confused,let him off with 2 years.

If he was outnumbered and they chased him into the building...

He might might be dead, if he didn't have a gun..

Exactly my thought as well.

We have seen quite a few of these "many against one" lately, ending in the one being stamped to death.

However, not supporting the use of a gun or killing anyone for it, when the one managed to get away.