It's party time! 4th July party in Pattaya with Inspire and All American Restaurant

Inspire

Making a great target for anyone wishing to do harm to Americans........

I'm afraid I agree.

I doubt the U.S. embassy would endorse events like that unless there was good security.

This isn't a time to be conspicuously American in large groups.

But that restaurant isn't really very popular, so maybe the large group part is a NON-issue.

To add, it is a known fact that ISIS is encouraging attacks on western targets especially during Ramadan.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/22/world/isis-more-attacks-ramadan/index.html

July 4 is still within that schedule:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan_(calendar_month)

2016 1437 6 June 6 July

Personally, I am trying to avoid obvious targets until after Ramadan. I suppose most people would consider that paranoid. Up to you!

Compared to the dangers of driving on Thai roads, I put 'Terrorist Attacks' close to the bottom of my personal list of 'worries' and 'fears'. And being an unabashed conservative, the last thing I'd expect, no less the last thing I'd want, is for the US government to 'protect' me over here, especially from the 'terrorist boogie-men' that the government and media would lead you to believe are under every tree. Why? Because they can't. ermm.gif

If I was in Pattaya, I'd go to the party without a second thought. I mean really? The 'terrorists' could bomb/attack virtually any farang expat venue in Thailand: Any expat club, farang oriented meetings, farang oriented night clubs, the list goes on...... shock1.gif

I'll leave ya'll to quiver in fear for me; I'm going to go enjoy my life. thumbsup.gif

And Inspire!!! Bring that party up to Chiang Mai! biggrin.png

I'm afraid I agree.

I doubt the U.S. embassy would endorse events like that unless there was good security.

But that restaurant isn't really very popular, so maybe the large group part is a NON-issue.

To add, it is a known fact that ISIS is encouraging attacks on western targets especially during Ramadan.

2016 1437 6 June 6 July

Personally, I am trying to avoid obvious targets until after Ramadan. I suppose most people would consider that paranoid. Up to you!

I certainly respect you for 70,000 posts, but come on man, seriously.

What is an "obvious target".

Just stay home. Don't go to 7-11, walk past the Marriott, Hilton, or Mc'Donald's or Burger King or Pizza Hut. Stay home and out of the malls and off the streets. Up to you!

Geez really? Are you watching too much Fox News.

The party doesn't really interest me. 4th of July is good sometimes in the USA when there is a really great fireworks show.

As I already implied, of course crossing local roads is riskier but again I think it's foolish to cross any more roads than you need or want to.

Now to link the the U.S. embassy information:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/thailand.html

The State Department is concerned that there is a continued risk of terrorism in Southeast Asia, including in Thailand. In April 2014, Thai police arrested two individuals with suspected ties to Hezbollah. Additionally, in January 2012, Thai police discovered a large quantity of explosive materials linked to suspected Hezbollah operatives. In February 2012, individuals from Iran—who police believe were plotting a terrorist attack against foreign interests in Thailand—detonated explosive devices on a busy street in central Bangkok while they were trying to evade law enforcement officials.

While traveling in Thailand you should exercise caution, especially in locations where expatriates congregate, such as clubs, discos, bars, restaurants, hotels, places of worship, schools, outdoor recreation venues, tourist areas, beach resorts, and other places frequented by foreigners. You should remain vigilant with regard to your personal security and avoid crowds and demonstrations. For more information on terrorist threats against U.S. citizens worldwide and steps to take as a result of these threats, please see the Worldwide Caution.

I'm afraid I agree.

2016 1437 6 June 6 July

Compared to the dangers of driving on Thai roads, I put 'Terrorist Attacks' close to the bottom of my personal list of 'worries' and 'fears'. And being an unabashed conservative, the last thing I'd expect, no less the last thing I'd want, is for the US government to 'protect' me over here, especially from the 'terrorist boogie-men' that the government and media would lead you to believe are under every tree. Why? Because they can't. ermm.gif

If I was in Pattaya, I'd go to the party without a second thought. I mean really? The 'terrorists' could bomb/attack virtually any farang expat venue in Thailand: Any expat club, farang oriented meetings, farang oriented night clubs, the list goes on...... shock1.gif

I'll leave ya'll to quiver in fear for me; I'm going to go enjoy my life. thumbsup.gif

We are adults here and as such make our own risk assessments for various activities. I am not quivering in fear. That's just you being insulting.

I'm afraid I agree.

2016 1437 6 June 6 July

can I bring my dog?

Her name is Hillary.

I think not.

attachicon.gifdoggiedonald.jpg

Perhaps hold a straw poll election at the party!

Nice hair ! I think the dog would win, Even Hillary has jumped on the bandwagon for an appearance at the party.

Personally, I don't think the hair will increase her chances !

post-163145-0-19356100-1467292732_thumb.

Edited by slipperylobster

Invite Brits too ??

Perhaps you have forgotten who we revolted against? Only if you give us "throw out rights" like during revolution (with help of our French friends, of course).

Just kidding. I give you my personal safety pledge, unless you bring hooligans.

With a choice of Trump or Clinton you may be begging for the Queen to come back before long ....biggrin.png

Invite Brits too ??

Perhaps you have forgotten who we revolted against? Only if you give us "throw out rights" like during revolution (with help of our French friends, of course).

Just kidding. I give you my personal safety pledge, unless you bring hooligans.

With a choice of Trump or Clinton you may be begging for the Queen to come back before long ....biggrin.png

It would seem that Hillary supporters think of HRC as their Queen.

In my opinion, she just grates on the old nerves.

Edited by slipperylobster

Speaking of Independence Day.

Silly, silly, pro Brexit Brits declared their "Independence Day" on the Brexit victory.

ABSURD!

Now the truth of it:

No, Brexit was not Britain’s ‘Declaration of Independence.’ It was the exact opposite

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/06/29/no-brexit-was-not-britains-declaration-of-independence-it-was-the-exact-opposite/

Edited by Jingthing

Next year, let us have a UK Independence day celebration! 23rd June.

Sure thing. With your dollar parity pounds.

Ouch!!! That's a low blow.We Brits are now the pariahs of the world; we've taken over (only temporarily) from you Yanks.

Yes but we let them keep their self appointed moral high ground. biggrin.png

You don't do irony, do you?

As the recent Jihadist terrorist attack on expats in Bangladesh shows, to consider these risks here in Thailand is not especially over the top:

As terrorism begins to target expats, South America looks increasingly like a safe haven
For anyone reading or watching the news during the past 24 hours, the headlines are alarming. For those living in foreign countries, they are terrifying.
To pick only two, they read: “Expats targeted in Jihadist restaurant siege,” and “Foreigners hacked to death in Bangladesh terror attack.”
The attack on a café in Dhaka, Bangladesh, is only the latest in a bloody month of highly publicized massacres by Islamist radicals in the U.S., France, and Turkey. Less reported, but equally as deadly, were attacks in Lebanon, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Lybia, and Liberia, and a dozen other countries.

https://www.cuencahighlife.com/terrorism-targets-expats-south-america-looks-like-safe-haven-expats/

Edited by Jingthing

Well tomorrow is the big day for free beer. I will try to blend in , will bring my cowboy hat and pretend I'm from Texas.

Just hope nobody tries to talk to me , my Norwegian-English accent is a give away .

I wouldn't be afraid of Muslim terrorists. However, get a few yank Fox watchers on the piss, mention "gun control" or "Obama" better run for cover. I know these people. I'm a yank.

HAHA. Good one you are right!

My TV service here only gives me Fox and BBC. I never watched Fox in the states.

Don't forget about Hillary's emails. :)

-- I am an American & soon as I run into a Fox News believer it gives me an idea of their IQ & the shallowness they can offer in a conversation. I distance myself immediately.

Well tomorrow is the big day for free beer. I will try to blend in , will bring my cowboy hat and pretend I'm from Texas.

Just hope nobody tries to talk to me , my Norwegian-English accent is a give away .

You're welcomed anyway. A lot of Norwegians settled in the Dakota's & Minnesota back 80-90 years ago. The 3rd-4th generation still poke fun of the Swedes.

What do you mean? Like a fellow American with a grudge to bear and a right to bear arms gunning down several of his countrymen?

You are referring to American cops,

or to false flags?