A great new way to pay fines - just transfer the money to the cop's private account

webfact

A great new way to pay fines - just transfer the money to the cop's private account

s4.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A Thong Lor traffic cop looks to have landed himself in seriously deep water - he let a woman whose wheels he had just clamped pay the resulting fine into his personal bank account.

The officer concerned said the woman "begged him" to let her pay online to his private account so "he agreed" reported Thairath.

The lady was thrilled with the officer's sense of duty and public service - so much so that she not only posted the full story but even the payment slip on social media.

Now the deputy chief at the Sukhumvit area station wants a word with his subordinate....

The female motorist in question came back to her car that she had parked on the wrong side of the road to find it clamped. Telling the story online she related that the cop who had clamped her was sitting close by having some food and immediately made himself known to her. "The kind hearted officer said I could pay him there and then," she said, "and he even allowed me to transfer the money online to his account. What service!"

The transaction evidence showed the names and account numbers and the 500 baht fine - plus 25 baht transfer fee.

Social media comment and shares went barmy with some asking if you can really pay fines like this while others kindly suggested that maybe the lady in question had a deal with the officer to pay him and have him pass on the fine officially later.

Reporters tracked down the officer in question who was not named. He said: "The woman I ticketed said she had to rush to work and said please could I help her as she had no cash on her. She asked to transfer the money to me. I said it could cause problems later but she begged me to help her out so I decided to let her pay me to my private account."

"I am very sorry about all the trouble this has caused," he added.

Deputy Thong Lor station chief Wasu Cheuaphuthorn said: "The officer concerned has been called in. I cannot tell you the truth of the matter yet. But I will let you know of any developments."

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-09

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Reporters tracked down the officer in question who was not named. He said: "The woman I ticketed said she had to rush to work and said please could I help her as she had no cash on her. She asked to transfer the money to me. I said it could cause problems later but she begged me to help her out so I decided to let her pay me to my private account."

Worst excuse ever.

"Reporters tracked down the officer in question who was not named. He said: "The woman I ticketed said she had to rush to work and said please could I help her as she had no cash on her. She asked to transfer the money to me. I said it could cause problems later but she begged me to help her out so I decided to let her pay me to my private account."

Worst excuse ever.

"Why haven't you issued any parking tickets today but have a wad of cash in your pocket?"

"A soi dog ate my receipt pad but on seeing my predicament a passing Good Samaritan insisted on buying me a new one but only had 10,000 baht on him in 100 baht bills sarge."

Absolutely disgusting. Just the mafia in ugly, ill fitting uniforms.

I really wish the relevant authorities would take these issues seriously. Also, harsher punishments for childish excuses.

Edited by rkidlad

"A Thong Lor traffic cop looks to have landed himself in seriously deep water - he let a woman whose wheels he had just clamped pay the resulting fine into his personal bank account."

Just another example, albeit more blatant than usual, of what everyone knows is happening and accepts to be Business as Usual.

Don't expect that exposing this police officer will change anything.

Responding to the success of the recent efforts of the Thong Lor traffic cop to boost customer service to its traffic violators, Bangkok police have taken the initiative and have made issued new decals that will be displayed prominently on their helmets and jackets. The new decal proudly informs violators that for their convenience the individual Thai police will now accept . . .

post-255911-0-73665300-1465429760_thumb.

Edited by Smiley Face

Idiot. But guessing he'll never be really be reprimanded let alone dismissed as he should be. Dismiss with prejudice, inform the public of it, and the move to crack down on other similar such behavior.

The lady was thrilled with the officer's sense of duty and public service - so much so that she not only posted the full story but even the payment slip on social media.

"The kind hearted officer said I could pay him there and then," she said, "and he even allowed me to transfer the money online to his account. What service!"

It seems these people really don't get sarcasm...

If he remains in his present position, he will find a way to get revenge on her. Or one of his buddies can do it for him.

He'll be moved to an inactive ATM post for sure. This type of blatant corruption can't go unpunished.

"The kind hearted officer said I could pay him there and then," she said, "and he even allowed me to transfer the money online to his account. What service!"

It seems these people really don't get sarcasm...

Thai's actually really don't do sarcasm. I would venture to say that the woman in question was genuinely grateful to the officer. We don't know the facts, i am a cynic but it may be that he did transfer the payment to the police later, if not that is the way it will be played out.

The really sad thing is, this cop believes (and probably with good reason) that the public is so accepting of his corruption that he doesn't worry about leaving a clear trail of evidence. Will this lesson make him stop, and abandon his major source of income, or be a bit more discrete?

I got my wheel clamped in Chiang Mai a while back. I saw the officer, told him my excuse of parking there (there was a blind man a bit further up the road and it seemed he wanted to cross the road - heavy traffic - so I parked the car and approached the blind man to see if I can assist).

The officer apologized and said that since the ticket was already issued he can't cancel it and I'd have to go to the station to pay the fine. I offered to pay the fine there and then to save me the trip to the station and he refused. I had to take a songtaew to the station - about 20 minutes drive.

Now you (all) tell me - wouldn't you have preferred to be able to pay on the spot instead of wasting about an hour of your time to go to the station and "do the right thing"???

And here I thought all tickets issued were to be paid at the police station? Yet here in this story, the officer offers to let her pay him personally in cash. Seems like the police have as yet been able to weed out the extortion imbibed in the police department. It begs to wonder how many other people's cars he clamped and then waited nearby to introduce himself whilst asking for hard cash to.unclamp their vehicles. Surely this isn't a one time occurrence.

What is the process for passing this information on to the corruption busters in the Army?

Whatever story you believe here, it is quite clear, isn't it?

Clean up Thailand? Clean up the police andn judiciary first.