Bringing my Thai GF to Canada seems impossible, next best option?

Hey guys, I've done quite a bit of research and it seems like the success rate of getting Thai passport holders a tourist visa for Canada are slim to none. So I'm looking for the second best option, which would be meeting her somewhere close by. I wouldn't want to fly for more than 6 hours, any suggestions where I can fly her out to meet her for a week without issues/hassle?

• Like 1

Are you saying you do not want to fly more than six hours from Canada? Might also help to know from where in Canada as six hours might require a sea visit. Or is the six hours her flight time? Or something else? Just can not be my head around six hours from Canada.

• Like 2

Lets see 6 hours from TO Hell man that does not even get you to Vegas baby.

I would suggest that if you re trying to get a single girl to North America you just go back to sleep.

It is not going to happen.

Who is paying for her flight? Add a few hours and maybe she can get to Mexico.

• Like 2

If she does not have higher paying work, own a house, have a long term bank account with money in it, forget it.

Also airlines may not let her fly by herself.

So find one of those lovely 200 lb. Canadian ball busters.... who will sue you at first chance.

• Like 1

i had no problems at all getting my thai gf a canadian visa.. first try all we wanted was a 3 month multi entry so we could go back and forth to usa as well.. they gave us a 2 1/2 year visa, and a month later applied for the us visa and got a 2 yr one...

we might be in a different situation, as i live in thailand and at the time we had been together for 2 1/2 yrs.. no she does not work, put down housewife on application, she is just another issan special

• Like 2

Last year my g/f applied for a tourist visa. We submitted all the documents asked for on the Canadian Immigration website and got refused without even being asked for an interview. Pissed off, I went to see a visa agency, and the owner told me that the list of documents is just a general guideline for the bare minimum!!!

I hired the agency, and they asked for a load of documents, saying that overkill is better than not submitting enough. Together, they submitted about 10 times more documents than what we had submitted the first time. G/f got the visa 3 days sooner than expected, without even being asked for an interview!

I highly recommend this agency. The owner is very professional, and speaks perfect English They have a nice office in the Trendy building on Soi 13. Go down with your g/f and have a consultation with them first, free of charge. Their services will cost you less than flying half way to meet your g/f.

I am in no way affiliated with this agency. I'm simply a very satisfied customer:

Edit: Agency details removed as per Forum Rules, that is not a reflection on the agent. I'm sure the poster would supply details on request.

• Like 2

I don't know why it should be impossible to get your Thai girlfriend to Canada. The pot smoking Mosque-praying Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is letting literally tens of thousands of Syrian and Iraqi Muslim "refugees" into Canada with no proper vetting or documentation.

Getting your Thai girlfriend into Canada with Thai passport and other documents should be a cinch ! !

• Like 2

"I hired the agency, and they asked for a load of documents, saying that overkill is better than not submitting enough. Together, they submitted about 10 times more documents than what we had submitted the first time. G/f got the visa 3 days sooner than expected, without even being asked for an interview!"

​Tungnaa Tom, would you be specific about the documents you did supply? I'm in similar situation just before an application being submitted. I appreciate your answer. Please send me directly to [email protected]

i had no problems at all getting my thai gf a canadian visa.. first try all we wanted was a 3 month multi entry so we could go back and forth to usa as well.. they gave us a 2 1/2 year visa, and a month later applied for the us visa and got a 2 yr one...

we might be in a different situation, as i live in thailand and at the time we had been together for 2 1/2 yrs.. no she does not work, put down housewife on application, she is just another issan special

I agree with you. Easier if you live in THailand with your girlfriend.

Two friends of mine could get visitor visa for their Thai girlfriend but they live in Thailand on retirement so possibly Immigration services are pretty sure you do not want to stay in Canada.

Another working in Canada and traveling a lot did it too, but his girlfriend had paper work to prove she has a small convenience store in her village and good amount of money in the bank over the last 2 years. This friend had a good job to take care of her expenses . She had proof of travel in other countries too.

The friend also had proof of providing health insurance for her too.

All those Thai women got the standard 6 month visitor visa.

The VSF service that process visitor visa was good to help with the application too. I was there in one case.

Only in one case they requested an interview with the lady.

If you live in Canada and she does not have proof of regular job in Thailand , I admit it must be difficult.

Take her to Mexico,go to the Texas border( hurry before Trump gets his wall up) swim across the Rio Grande River (or wade across in the dry season) travel up to the Canadian border and try to cross at night there. no wall here and in some places no fence..Walla you are there.comming home to Thailand is simple.Make sure she has enough money to fly home,turn herself in ,spend a few days in a nice jail then be deported back.Or you could just buy her about one million baht worth of land and put another million in her bank account..Start her a business that she needs to come back to to run.One of those should do it.Oh by the way if you are thinking about taking the first route,my girl friend wants to go with you as far as Texas.

My gf was denied to the states. Has business kids mi st the wile nine. They saw BF on the application and said NO!. Her sister applied a week later has no business no kids no money in the bank and said she was just gonna sight see with a friend from work APPROVED 10 year visa. My point. Tell your GF to do my GF's sister did and meet her in NY

My gf was denied to the states. Has business kids mi st the wile nine. They saw BF on the application and said NO!. Her sister applied a week later has no business no kids no money in the bank and said she was just gonna sight see with a friend from work APPROVED 10 year visa. My point. Tell your GF to do my GF's sister did and meet her in NY

Just curious, are you living in Thailand and with your gf?

I have a friend who is 21 years old. A student. She went to the us consulate in chiang mai to apply for a tourist visa because she wanted to go to disneyworld.

They did not ask her about bank statements...property ownership..or even a job.

They asked her about her parents...how long she wanted to go (a week) and why she wanted to go.

She got a 10 year tourist visa.

She just went on her second trip to the usa and onward to Jamaica for some volunteer work with medical clinics...

I have many friends working and studying from Thailand in the states.

Honestly I don'T think its as hard as people say.

Edited by fireplay

Bermuda tourist visa is not required for citizens of Thailand for a stay up to 180 days.

You missed the point,T think he wants to take her to CANADA not just 2,577 miles away.

He said in Post #1 that if he can't get her into Canada he wants to know where he can meet with her within 6 hours flying time from Toronto and where she can easily get a visa-exempt entry for which Bermuda answers both. BTW direct (non-stop) flight Air Canada from Toronto to Bermuda and direct flights to Bermuda from London as well for her.

• Like 1

Ok, so reading through some of these posts has gotten me feeling optimistic... I'm starting to think her coming to Canada is a possibility, what do you guys think we should do, considering the following:

She is 23, just graduated from university, lives in Chiang Mai, works as a mathematics teacher, has close to no money to her name (40,000 Thai baht), no history of travel (she actually just got her passport today), her mom and dad are simple pot makers, and aren't "rich". She will have vacation days from her work between July 16th - July 24th, and she wanted to visit between those dates (so for about a week).

I am 23 also, however I don't really have a "job", I have money, and I can definitely send her money if it helps her get here, but as far as creating a document for invitation, I don't think it would be very helpful.

What is the best thing to do here? Hire an agency? Thanks in advance.