Thai trans student runner places in US state championships, not everyone is pleased

snoop1130

Thai trans student runner places in US state championships, not everyone is pleased
Coconuts Bangkok

post-249866-0-40460500-1465562194_thumb.
Screenshot from KTVA Alaska TV. Photo: KTVA

High school runners competing in the Alaska championship voiced their displeasure to the media after a Thai transgender student was allowed to compete in the competition for girls.

A senior of Haines High School, Nattaphon “Ice” Wangyot, 18, came in 5th in the the girls 100-meter dash and 3rd in the girls 200-meter dash n Friday at the statewide Alaska high school state track-and-field meet.

According to local news, she was the first trans student to compete for a high school state championship as their identified gender as well as the first Alaskan biologically male athlete to compete in girls state championships.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/06/10/thai-trans-student-runner-places-us-state-championships-not-everyone-pleased

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-06-10

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the person feels about their gender identity, the fact remains that they have a male body and this gives them an unfair advantage in sports.

An average (or probably not even that) male athlete in nearly all sports would be a world class female athlete. The US female hockey team prepared for the 2014 Olympics by playing high school boys teams!

How bizarre that people expect her to win just because she's a trans girl. People diss on her for not winning and also would even more for winning. So as far as people's bigotry she can't win. That's sad.

and how sad and bizarre is it that you expect a guy acting like a girl should be allowed to compete? yes even 'he' can't win in a race for GIRLS. That's sad.

Is transgender where a person born as say male believes he is female? If so why not change the body as well? Or is that transexual? And what is transvestite, Eddie Izard? I would like to know this. Not being funny.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

Transgender means you identify as the gender other than your birth gender. Physical transition is very individualized and is generally a long process. It doesn't necessarily mean ever changing the genitals. Hormone therapy is usual.

The testosterone running in his veins - in his muscles giving strength and endurance is an unfair advantage ... Had a real female injected testosterone into her body in days and weeks before the race she too would have had an advantage .,, And would have been tossed out of any wining result. That's the difference.

Transgender means you identify as the gender other than your birth gender. Physical transition is very individualized and is generally a long process. It doesn't necessarily mean ever changing the genitals. Hormone therapy is usual.

So I could identify that I'm female, wear women's clothes, use the ladies lavatories, wear make up, talk higher pitched, compete in women's sport then every Tuesday night have intercourse with the missus, then her with me, I can do all this in the name of transgender?

Ice in Alaska. Perfect.

She wants to do sports. She's a trans girl. It's not like she became a trans girl to gain an edge on the girls team.

Have some freakin' compassion ...

He should enter in the male events. After all that is what she is.

ok so all guys can now enter female sports? cool let's have some trans in Wimbledon women's? and how about some Tom's in the Premier League? you are PC gone crazy!

So I could identify that I'm female, wear women's clothes, use the ladies lavatories, wear make up, talk higher pitched, compete in women's sport then every Tuesday night have intercourse with the missus, then her with me, I can do all this in the name of transgender?
You want to do that? I reckon it's a very serious life changing situation to discover you're a trans woman. You act like it's a trivial whim. Perhaps get educated.

You want to do that? I reckon it's a very serious life changing situation to discover you're a trans woman. You act like it's a trivial whim. Perhaps get educated.
Yes, sorry about that, I guess it is a life changing event. If a transgender person who identifies herself as female wants to compete with other females in a running race, so be it. She didn't win, she came third, so why the big fuss. Guess we are still competing with peoples perceptions of what is right and wrong. I think maybe religion is playing a big part in this debate too. Growing up with the bible rammed down your throat doesn't help you understand modern life. The world is after all more open to sexuality than before with gay marriage now accepted throughout the world, maybe we should think before we judge others.

I think this is more about getting a tittle 9 scholarship to college. So many women who are not necessarily interested in sports get full athletic scholarships as the quota must equal the same as the men under this liberal law. Quite smart on her/his part as track is only subject to finishing times and not subjective to the coaches preference as other team sports.

What a monkey that douche in the video is.

The whole Fox network is a bunch of douche bags. I often wonder how they can get up in the morning and go to work and read the same old Hillary attack crap. It gets sickening but a couple times an hour they do news nuggets. What a mess the world is in.

er did that well

I believe renee richards was a Trans female who played in a few womens events, she never had that much sucess