How long is an income statement valid?

Saan

Can anyone please tell me how long an income statement for a retirement extension is valid. I looked it up and came up with answers ranging from 12 months to 30 days.

Jomtien had no problems with one that was almost three months old - this was a couple of months back.

I did have a copy of the Immigration directive which confirmed six months validity, just in case, but did not need to show it (you can find a copy on an earlier income letter thread).

As this is posted in the CM forum I guess you are looking at CM Immigration experiences, so they may have a different take on the issue.sad.png

I vote 6 months in CM...although I use a Bank letter, and I was told 7 days on it, and they may want to see a passbook update from the day before, but that wasn't an issue on a fixed deposit, and those can be tricky to update, if at all...mine was not, but I did add 500 thb to the savings book, when I got my letter. All covered on Immigration Forum...but each office is same/same but different depending on the wind, which seems to blow in Cm more than just about anywhere.

I vote 6 months in CM...although I use a Bank letter, and I was told 7 days on it, and they may want to see a passbook update from the day before, but that wasn't an issue on a fixed deposit, and those can be tricky to update, if at all...mine was not, but I did add 500 thb to the savings book, when I got my letter. All covered on Immigration Forum...but each office is same/same but different depending on the wind, which seems to blow in Cm more than just about anywhere.

I have heard 6 months and will be testing it this year.

As for the bank statements they can be tricky depending on the officer you get and what kind of a mood they are in. I do not know the requirements but I have heard of people having the amount required in both the letter and the bank book but even though they both had enough money they did not match and had to go match them up.

re

Can anyone please tell me how long an income statement for a retirement extension is valid.

for a brit in chiang mai its 6 months from the british embassy in bangkok

assist thai visa got mine in april for a july renewal and assured me yesterday that it would be ok

i thought with the combination method

money in bank and pension income letter it was two months seasoning

but they told me its now three months

so as i sorted the cash bit in the bank way early in april im ok :)

dave2

post-42592-0-63991000-1465639161_thumb.j

Jomtien had no problems with one that was almost three months old - this was a couple of months back.

I did have a copy of the Immigration directive which confirmed six months validity, just in case, but did not need to show it (you can find a copy on an earlier income letter thread).

As this is posted in the CM forum I guess you are looking at CM Immigration experiences, so they may have a different take on the issue.sad.png

I usually get the income letter during the US Embassy outreach to Pattaya in August and submit it to Jomtien immigrations with my annual extension renewal in December and I've never had a problem doing that.

Chiang Mai Immigration is a law unto itself and I'd suggest that anyone who is planning to use an Income Letter more than one month old in Chiang Mai download, print out and bring the Immigration Directive with them to CM Imm. that UbonJoe so thoughtfully provided in Post No. 13.

What is acceptable in Jomtien, Phuket, CW or other places has no bearing on what happens at CM Imm. Recently, CM Imm has really stepped up their program of pushing all applicants to use agents and they're looking for any excuse to disqualify someone who is trying to to handle their own business related to retirement. Perhaps it would help to have UbonJoe's "directive" with you if you have an "elderly" Income Letter.

Chiang Mai Immigration is a law unto itself and I'd suggest that anyone who is planning to use an Income Letter more than one month old in Chiang Mai download, print out and bring the Immigration Directive with them to CM Imm. that UbonJoe so thoughtfully provided in Post No. 13.

What is acceptable in Jomtien, Phuket, CW or other places has no bearing on what happens at CM Imm. Recently, CM Imm has really stepped up their program of pushing all applicants to use agents and they're looking for any excuse to disqualify someone who is trying to to handle their own business related to retirement. Perhaps it would help to have UbonJoe's "directive" with you if you have an "elderly" Income Letter.

another scaremongering post by some one with god knows what agenda or crusade they think there promoting,just sounds like a bitter person to me.ive done 10 ext of stays with income letter,sailed through easily every one,in fact seems less problematic than the cash route.

another scaremongering post by some one with god knows what agenda or crusade they think there promoting,just sounds like a bitter person to me.ive done 10 ext of stays with income letter,sailed through easily every one,in fact seems less problematic than the cash route.

You're not the one answering the phone calls/emails from members of the CM Expats Club who are being jerked around by CM Immigration, are you? A lot has changed just in the last six weeks, it seems. I'm not "bitter" but rather telling people to be prepared and thanking UbonJoe for posting the directive for us.

Best advice. Don't bother with the income statement….it's a headache going to the embassy especially the UK embassy. Have 12-13000 pounds wired over to your Thai bank account and park it here. Much easier and no hassle.

You know I have never had much luck with printing out the directives. They just tell me that new regulations have been issued.

Best advice. Don't bother with the income statement….it's a headache going to the embassy especially the UK embassy. Have 12-13000 pounds wired over to your Thai bank account and park it here. Much easier and no hassle.

uk embassy only do income letters by post,and are very efficient,nearly enough return post well a few days,No personell visits for income letter excepted, if uk vote to leave Europe you going to need more than 12grand for your 800,000 bht.pound will dive.

It's a funny old world.

A poster can make defamatory unproven allegations against immigration and put it forward as a public service yet on another post the mere mention of the factually questionable history of a certain club brings the same poster out quickly with public service warnings on the strict Thai defamation laws.

I guess there are no mirrors at that club.

It appears that the club members perhaps lack the understanding or abilities that the significantly wider expat community has when dealing with immigration.

We also have a chicken and egg scenario. Which came first the problems with immigration for club members or the vested interest saviour within the club that promotes these problems.?

The more things change the more they stay the same it seems.

Mamborobert and Trueblue -- do you really think that everything was hunky-dory at Chiang Mai Immigration until I, little old me, decided to stick my nose in and point out that service levels for retirees weren't on par with what retirees experience in other parts of Thailand. Do you think the recent downward spiral is purely a reaction to ME?

Is it because of ME that they've decided to challenge and nitpick every application of every newbie wannabe retiree who arrives visa exempt or with a tourist visa and wants to convert to an O visa here locally until they finally give up and use an agent. And just why is it that agents charge at least 15,000 baht for this service? It's not that the agents are keeping all this money for themselves.

Is it because of ME that they've reduced the number of retirement queue tickets down to 20 per day, yet the "visa agent" next door can get anyone and everyone in for a retirement extension -- same day service -- for a fee?

Is it because of ME that they've been at Promenada for nearly a year but still don't have lighted "number being served" signs like every bank and utility office has in Thailand? Not to mention every other Imm. office, I'd wager.

You ascribe W-A-Y too much power to me!

As for anyone who brings up the history of CM Expats Club and implies that it is still operating in the same way it did before the current leadership took over in March 2014 -- yes, I will challenge those assertions tooth-and-nail. While the current Board of CEC has absolutly no power when it comes to doing anything about CM Imm, aside from educating people about how to deal with them, we certainly have made an a giant sea change in the way CEC operates.

Nancy, nice of you to clear up your inconsistent approach to Thai defamation laws.........oh wait.

I certainly have no problem with Thai immigration, have not paid 15000 baht, am not sponsored by competing agents.

What I am suggest is that the experiences of you and some members are not reflective of all expats. The same " difficulties" are experienced by some in banking, health, access, Internet access, food choices, where to live, transport, and on and on. While their experiences are real that in no way diminishes the good or effortless experiences of others.

If you want to help them, to gain more members and plaudits then so be it. But do not expect a free pass when you universally dismiss good experiences to validate your position. The constant fear mongering and hysteria serves no purpose other than promoting yourself and your post count. It is simply not productive in a practical sense even if there are some that have problems.

Some of your posts and criticisms of immigration are almost creating further demand for the agent that you criticise.

Edit. My apologies to OP for sidetracking. I have used embassy letter from outreach service that was just over four months old for my extension.

Edited by mamborobert

Thanks everyone for the inputs.

I must say that I think Nancy tries very hard to help members of the expat community. And please note I am not a member of the CEC nor have I ever met Nancy.

To put it politely there seem to be operational problems at Chiang Mai Immigration that do not occur elsewhere. The problems seems to have worsened since the move to Promenada and by no stretch of the imagination can I see this being attributable to Nancy.

I must say that I think Nancy tries very hard to help members of the expat community.

Yes, that may be very true, E/S has never doubted that, in fact, have recently posted a couple kudos , in that respect of being Commander In Cheif of the Expats Club

BUT

her relentless slagging of c/mais immgr dept, poor services and policys on this forum is becoming tedious Full Stop

C.I.C. take a tip , from a old racing champ, like E/S

Two Wrongs!!!! Don.t Make a RIGHT!!!! , honey bunny , you are flogging a dead horse, please head for the spellimg paddocks, living another precious day in c/mai, is more important

hope to put up a couple of pics of beverly hills, Maerim tomorrow, never will be as good ,as that genious contributer to C/Mai forum Dave2, clap2.gif is,nt he a Rippa clap2.gif but will do my best

a cheerio good nite to all my readerssmile.png

oh!!! O/P , please except my oppoligies for taking a detour,E/S

Its amazing the Ozzies knockers always come out of the woodwork

Sometimes im ashamed to called a Ozzie

We all try to live here peacefully

but CM Immigration have constantly made it difficult for Expats

I have been reading this CM Forum for many years before i came here to retire

Some Epats have never been to Immigtartion

When some have it depends On The day The Month And Off The Season

As to how many people visit Immigration

Who knows what Bangkok Immigration are thinking of CM immigration

Maybe it will change everywhere Who Knows