Suan Kularb students: "Sir" had sex with a 17 year old, and we can prove it

rooster59

Suan Kularb students: "Sir" had sex with a 17 year old, and we can prove it

post-247607-0-74723800-1465687607_thumb.

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- Students at Thailand's oldest secondary school have provided new evidence which they say makes a mockery of teacher Sarot Meephai's claims that he did not have sex with men under the age of twenty.

And they have called on the school to stop protecting him and start thinking about the students telling police they have more evidence if needed.

Admin from the student's page of Suan Kularb school on Facebook have sent screen captures of Twitter conversations allegedly between the science teacher and a seventeen year old. The conversations make it plain that the person Sarot intends to meet is indeed just 17 years old.

They arranged to meet at a downtown department store.

Admin also said to police that if the teacher continues to deny the allegation they have much more evidence to provide.

It was also stated on the page: "We ask that the adults involved in the case stop protecting this teacher. Consider the students. We are not trying to persecute the teacher."

Sarot was arrested on Friday and charged with uploading indecent material. He has been detained and could face up to five years in jail. The director of the central Bangkok school, known as Suan Kularb Wittayalai has said that Sarot faces being sacked. He is currently suspended from the school, an institution that was founded in the 1800s.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-12

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Sarot was arrested on Friday and charged with uploading indecent material. He has been detained and could face up to five years in jail."

However, this being Thailand, he will probably be transferred to an inactive position so that his family doesn't lose face. Don't be surprised if most of the anger is taken out on the students for embarrassing both a 'respected' teacher and the honorable school.

Edited by jaltsc

"Sarot was arrested on Friday and charged with uploading indecent material. He has been detained and could face up to five years in jail."

However, this being Thailand, he will probably be transferred to an inactive position so that his family doesn't lose face. Don't be surprised if most of the anger is taken out on the students for embarrassing both a 'respected' teacher and the honorable school.

Didn't the dad pictured with his young daughter balanced on his motor bike get called in by the school and subsequently apologised for damaging the school's reputation ?

The students involved in this case are likely to learn a lesson some may not yet be familiar with as yet about what's really important here.

The issue, for the students, is not the shirt lifting but the curtain of lies... they are just asking the guy/school to tell the truth. To the students, the lies and falsehoods are more appalling than the [consensual] sex acts...

The purity and innocence of youth.... the sex acts are less "offensive" than their photo/video contacts on Tumblr and Twitter....

IMO the students are playing a dangerous game and the tables could be turned to charges of withholding evidence. That said, their plan seems to be dragging the investigation out and giving it more media coverage, whitch I admire.

If they want to make a statement, consentrate on the previous coverups that have allegedly taken place and clear the nest for good.

The issue, for the students, is not the shirt lifting but the curtain of lies... they are just asking the guy/school to tell the truth. To the students, the lies and falsehoods are more appalling than the [consensual] sex acts...

The purity and innocence of youth.... the sex acts are less "offensive" than their photo/video contacts on Tumblr and Twitter....

There is no such thing as a consensual sex act with a person below the age of consent, it is called Statutory Rape. When the older party is an authority figure, as in this case, the crime is considered more heinous.

Edited by halloween

Can we get the headmaster back on and ask him again if he wishes to deny pupils at his school have been victims of the pervert he employed as a teacher?

Edited by GuestHouse

The cultural concept of face, and the fear of losing face, effectively disables a person for life.

Yes and its a national disability on every level. I have discovered that being "right" regarding an issue with my ex-partner, only made the possibility of acheiving a good result based on the facts of a matter less likely. Nobody can admit to being wrong. The more right one is regarding the issue the worse it gets.

"If" I was ever searching for another partner here, I would establish that they had the 'nouse' to understand this impediment to progress.

Its not just Thailand. It is quite common in Asia. I lived in Indonesia and my wife always chided me for 'complaining' about anything. Not just complaining about things in general, but when, as in 'complaints department' there was an issue with a service or a product.

Instead of addressing an issue, there is embarassment, withdrawal, denial and sometimes even anger. Mai bin rai.

So what if there's a problem at the school. We're too embarassed to discuss it. Keep ducking and weaving until the fuss dies down and get back to business.

I think we are all entitled to see the videos for ourselves and make up our own minds. Can anyone provide a link?

Let's hope no one is that sick minded eh.

Gee, I didn't realize Catholics and Thais have so much in common.

The cultural concept of face, and the fear of losing face, effectively disables a person for life.

Yes and its a national disability on every level. I have discovered that being "right" regarding an issue with my ex-partner, only made the possibility of acheiving a good result based on the facts of a matter less likely. Nobody can admit to being wrong. The more right one is regarding the issue the worse it gets.

"If" I was ever searching for another partner here, I would establish that they had the 'nouse' to understand this impediment to progress.

Its not just Thailand. It is quite common in Asia. I lived in Indonesia and my wife always chided me for 'complaining' about anything. Not just complaining about things in general, but when, as in 'complaints department' there was an issue with a service or a product.

Instead of addressing an issue, there is embarassment, withdrawal, denial and sometimes even anger. Mai bin rai.

So what if there's a problem at the school. We're too embarassed to discuss it. Keep ducking and weaving until the fuss dies down and get back to business.

Yes...A twisted and well engrained logic that blames the messenger of bad news while penalizing the people that expose others for their gross errors or their obvious ineptness or their stupidity or their thoughtless conduct or their malfeasance or any of the various crimes that they have knowingly committed.

Especially if the person is one of understood and recognized authority and respected within the social hierarchy that Thai people are supposed to follow while rocking the boat, so to speak, is argued to be more unacceptable than the crimes or malfeasance or the poor conduct or the core issues itself.

All because the person has their honor or integrity or trustworthiness or character been questioned or exposed by way of their own conduct but someone else speaks out about it and that person is the one penalized under the logic of face saving and the social complexities and implications entailed.

Then the perpetrators who are exposed or "caught with their pants down around their ankles" frivolously sue for liable and slander in an attempt to cover their Butts and deflect the issue off course and twist it around in their favor...which they often do very successfully using under handed ways and means.

Seems to be more of the same old same old and is never going to change for the better.

Cheers

For gawd's sake, if Thailand must try to imitate British public schools, don't copy their worst traits.

Kiddy fiddlers NEVER admit their crimes. It is just something that doesn't occur to them. They resist, even when they know their is overwhelming evidence against them. Just deny, deny, deny.

At least the school has suspended him and will in all likelihood sack him. He will hopefully be jailed and never be allowed to teach again allowing him to gain access to more victims.

Thankfully this school hasn't just denied it, and moved him on to another area and let the sicko repeat what he has done, like, for example, the Catholic Church did time and time again which lead to thousands of more boys being sodomised.

Social media has changed the world. Times have changed. More of these perverts are being jailed now, and many for offences committed even decades ago.kids these days have a voice.

It is good to see justice catching up with many of these animals for crimes committed long ago, but sad to think if they had have been locked up when first exposed then thousands of kids wouldn't have been attacked.

Dirty old weirdo Rolf Harris for one, but others died before justice caught up with them like filthy Jimmy Saville and countless peodophile priests.

This whole story is a bummer,

At 17 the student knew what he was getting into or rather what was getting into him but of course if it's going to bring in any money it will be ''My life has been ruined''. The teacher was in a position of trust so he should be sacked but nothing apart from that.

There is no such thing as a consensual sex act with a person below the age of consent, it is called Statutory Rape. When the older party is an authority figure, as in this case, the crime is considered more heinous.

I agree totally

But please consider the location as in country

If they have evidence then prove it.

They just produced some evidence, that was what the article was about, now they have given him another chance to admit his guilt or they will release more, what are you not understanding? Do you not think that some of the students may want to keep their names/ faces out of this if they can avoid it?

For gawd's sake, if Thailand must try to imitate British public schools, don't copy their worst traits.

Kiddy fiddlers NEVER admit their crimes. It is just something that doesn't occur to them. They resist, even when they know their is overwhelming evidence against them. Just deny, deny, deny.

At least the school has suspended him and will in all likelihood sack him. He will hopefully be jailed and never be allowed to teach again allowing him to gain access to more victims.

Thankfully this school hasn't just denied it, and moved him on to another area and let the sicko repeat what he has done, like, for example, the Catholic Church did time and time again which lead to thousands of more boys being sodomised.

Social media has changed the world. Times have changed. More of these perverts are being jailed now, and many for offences committed even decades ago.kids these days have a voice.

It is good to see justice catching up with many of these animals for crimes committed long ago, but sad to think if they had have been locked up when first exposed then thousands of kids wouldn't have been attacked.

Dirty old weirdo Rolf Harris for one, but others died before justice caught up with them like filthy Jimmy Saville and countless peodophile priests.

So it has been clearly proven this man is guilty? I did not know that. Can you provide a link to that story please?

If they have evidence then prove it.

They just produced some evidence, that was what the article was about, now they have given him another chance to admit his guilt or they will release more, what are you not understanding? Do you not think that some of the students may want to keep their names/ faces out of this if they can avoid it?

No they say they have sent screen shots of a conversation they allege took place between the teacher and a student arranging a meeting. If they have genuine evidence that such a conversation took place, that it was part of a grooming process and that it led to abuse then it should be turned over to the legal authorities not the schools administrators. If this man is guilty of abuse of minors then he needs to go to gaol. If.

I still can't get my head around posting on twitter, it makes no sense as that is not how such scum share their filth. However if he is guilty and he could well be, he needs to be prosecuted and gaoled by the courts not the media.

Where did I say anyone has to show their faces or give their names? I've reread my post and am not seeing that.

Edited by Bluespunk

That's American law which does not apply in the rest of the world. Laws differ as does age of consent. Your view is typically Amerocentric.

We don't know how the school and the community will treat the students. As a long-time "foreign" teacher, this is the first time I have seen Thai students organize to stick up for themselves in the face of authorities. They should be commended. I hope they have teachers who will be equally courageous and back the students with pride.