Mike's On Chang Moi Road

chuckwow

I was looking forward to our dinner here but...

Only two other diners and when I ordered the set menu which sounded good at 399baht the waiter returned some 10 minutes later to say their fillet of beef was not available.

I asked the owner or manager about the house red wine and he said it was "excellent." It was not in my humble opinion and tasted as if the bottle had been opened a few days.

My starter, the white bean soup, was not a soup at all... it was mocrowaved to death and there was not broth in it.

I wanted to make my comments that evening to the owner/manager but he disappeared and there was not purpose in trying to explain our disappointment to the waiter.

I was looking forward to our dinner here but...

Only two other diners and when I ordered the set menu which sounded good at 399baht the waiter returned some 10 minutes later to say their fillet of beef was not available.

I asked the owner or manager about the house red wine and he said it was "excellent." It was not in my humble opinion and tasted as if the bottle had been opened a few days.

My starter, the white bean soup, was not a soup at all... it was mocrowaved to death and there was not broth in it.

I wanted to make my comments that evening to the owner/manager but he disappeared and there was not purpose in trying to explain our disappointment to the waiter.

I was there months ago witha friend and it was a complete joke. I will never go back there again. Overpriced not even mediocre food, in my (our) opinion. :o

A caesar salad is NOT a regular salad with regular dressing with a bit of processed parmesan cheese on top! :D

But on that note, I also happen to think that the quality of Mike's Burgers food has gone down since new ownership... :D

I assume that this would be Mike's Cafe on Chang Moi Road which is owned by the British gentleman who bought Mike's Burgers, and I would agree that the food isn't of the best quality, but I thought that it was OK. He hasn't been doing upscale food in Chiang Mai for long and maybe it will improve with time like some other restauarants did - including the House.