Sex Scandal teacher claims he was just "having a bit of fun" on Twitter

webfact

Sex Scandal teacher claims he was just "having a bit of fun" on Twitter

s5.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- The Suan Kularb teacher at the centre of sex allegations has denied involvement with students at his school or elsewhere saying he was "just having a bit of fun" online. He has offered an apology and appealed for his college to be left out of the scandal apologizing and saying "it is just a private matter".

Now it has emerged that he had two spells at prestigious Suan Kularb Wittayalai - first as a trainee in 2006 then, after a spell at a girls' college, he returned to the all boys school reported Thairath. There are also claims of a previous scandal

Police have confiscated three phones with naked images of the Biology teacher, Sarot Meephai, 33, and he has been detained on charges of uploading obscene material. He faces five years if guilty.

He was ordered held Sunday for twelve days. He was denied bail and no relatives arrived to seek bail on his behalf.

Due to the seriousness of the case his teacher's license has already been suspended by education authorities with an enquiry underway as to its permanent removal. The Petchabun native is the first Thai teacher ever to have his license suspended without an enquiry due to recent legislative changes.

Sarot denied absolutely that any of the images on Twitter, revealed initially on the Suan Kularb student page on Facebook, were really students at his school as was claimed. He claims that they are mostly of adults over 20 years of age.

He said: "These are not real sex scenes and the information posted online about them is not true. Please don't drag the school into this matter. It is an individual matter.

"Some people have claimed it involved Suan Kularb children. I swear I have never done that for sure. You can check. As for the pics and videos purporting to be students and youths, they are not. It was just a bit of fun and the posts ended up attracting the attention of like minded people who are into this sort of thing," he said.

"The other people in the pictures and videos are all over 20 and I don't even know most of them.

"I don't want to involve the school. It was a private matter of a group of us on Twitter. As far as the fact that the pictures showed people in school uniform and P.E kits - that was just to get lots of "likes". The more unusual the pictures are the more likes you will get," he added saying that he had seen this phenomena over the last year or so.

"I want to say sorry to society at large. It was not appropriate. Some are indeed pictures of me, some are of other people. I am sorry for what has happened but I want society to know the truth."

Thai Rath said that Sarot looked carefree and casual, without stress as he was led away to Bangkok Special Prison where he will be held until the 22nd as investigations continue.

Bail was denied due to the serious nature of the charges and the likelihood of flight. The defendant offered no objection to this and no relatives tried to bail him out.

Sarot's history was also revealed. He was a trainee at Suan Kularb in 2006 but left to take up a position at Satreewit girls school. He then went back to Suan Kularb that is a school for 13 - 18 year old boys in Phra Nakorn district. Founded in the 1800s it is the oldest boys school in the country and counts several prime ministers in its alumni.

Thai Rath claimed that there was a scandal in the past related to Sarot that involved ten victims but gave no details.

An Education Ministry official Chaiyot Imsuwan said that Sarot's teaching license had been suspended already. The teachers' council now have the power to do this without an investigation in serious cases involving drugs, the sex trade or improper behavior with students or youths. An enquiry is underway to determine whether Sarot's license should be permanently revoked. Due to changes in the powers of authorities Sarot is the first teacher in Thai history to have his license suspended without enquiry.

Chaiyot said that in the last ten years 200 teachers had lost their license to teach and there were many more complaints. "This is a matter in the public domain and open to public scrutiny," he added.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-13

Thats the trouble mate showing yours and others privates,

the images are real , questionable whats actually taken place,

backtracking now leads to more questions,

Are the paticipants willing to come forward in defence,

of this marvellous teacher?

If not already done, now is the time for any evidence withheld by the 'admin' of the school's paper to be handed in. Don't try to play games and if this creature is in fact guilty, lets get him and whoever has tried to protect him in the past sent to a place where they should be.

General population.

Put him in the dirtiest.dank,disease infested prison in Thailand,

then see if he is having a bit of fun,never,ever let him be anywhere

near kids again.

regards worgeordie

Unless of course the people in the photos are not underage. :blink:

Put him in the dirtiest.dank,disease infested prison in Thailand,

then see if he is having a bit of fun,never,ever let him be anywhere

near kids again.

regards worgeordie

Witness statements, video evidence, an ever changing story and a previous scandal with ten victims.

I am sure, as usual, some here will be pleading for his rights and claiming there is not enough evidence, and he should have a fair trial BS.

Luckily the Thai justice system isn't messing around, he is currently locked up where he belongs. The cops are not buying his BS.

Never to teach again, license stripped in another good move by the authorities.

Perverts like this should be tortured, they have given up their human rights.

Edited by Roomuck

I wonder if he is likewise going to "have a bit of fun" once he's being passed around the cell block like a peace pipe.

Fun

Maybe he just liked rearing kids and it got a bit out of hand !!!!

This is a very suspect and questionable character, regardless if the pics were not of underage people.

This is a teacher, he has a duty of care and a moral/ethical/educational responsibility towards his charges. What was he thinking? ( or not thinking) uploading obscene pics on Twitter.

Throw the book at him and if found guilty don't drop the soap.

• Like 1

Why is he surrounded by men who appear to be from the parachute regiment? Or is the air-force? Have they taken the job of dealing with alleged sex offenders? Or are they just men in smart uniforms who happened to be walking past at the time?

• Like 2

...'fun'...preying on juniors....

...not a good role model for sure....

...and no...the school cannot be left out of it....

...but don't hold your breath.....

...18 children were burned to a crisp.....

...and nobody was held accountable.....

...the land of the blameless....

...wow...

these Thai investigations get more complicated by the minute...the suspect's lies, the school wanting to save its reputation, the students who all know exactly what happened and in the long run the police and the parents of the victims trying to figure out how much money they will demand..

and then everyone will just walk away

• Like 1

Why is he surrounded by men who appear to be from the parachute regiment? Or is the air-force? Have they taken the job of dealing with alleged sex offenders? Or are they just men in smart uniforms who happened to be walking past at the time?

Thank you for explaining the uniforms, I couldn't figure out what was going on with three Paratroopers surrounding the fugitive. Now I understand it is the dress uniform of the school.

Interesting what you come across in LOS.

Now if this man is indeed guilty, he deserves a pretty hefty prison sentence with all the consequences that come with it. However those who take delight in the prospect of other perverts homosexually raping him in jail seem to be missing the point rather. Would you do that yourselves (?) or just ensure his life was made as miserable as possible? If the answer is B, have a think about it...

One thing I think some folks here are forgetting:

The authorities don't have to prove the teacher was involved with minors for sexual activity, although they could prove that if that in fact was the case.

All they really need to prove at a minimum is that he posted sexually explicit photos of ANYONE online. AFAIK, doing so can be considered an offense under Thailand's computer crimes law. So the teacher's claims about who was or wasn't in the photos don't really provide any defense on this issue.

His claims do, on the other hand, provide a defense against other charges that might be brought regarding statutory rape (adults having sex with minors) and similar stuff.

Every time a pedo gets arrested and jailed in Thailand, I see comments about how terrible their lives will be in jail...I know this is true in the USA, where there is a pecking order and "politics" mandate that pedophiles are beaten at every opportunity...consequently, they usually spend their time in protective custody or clinical settings that remove them from the general population...

but is this really true here, where pedophilia is more or less accepted as long as no one is embarrassed by getting caught?

i asked a police officer about this, a woman, and she remarked that so many Thais engage in this activity that there is little genuine stigma attached to it...so the time in prison isn't nearly as bad as farang would think (it's bad for sure, but not particularly moreso for pedos)...

I've never been to the Thai prison in BKK, nor have I known anyone who served time in Thailand...does anyone have first or second hand experience with the culture and politics inside a Thai jail or prison?

I like the way he makes his statements. Mostly you don't get this at all and it becomes a free-for-all of speculation. Most Farangs who get nabbed seem to just sit there like dorks, here's at least someone who puts in his side of the story.

Doesn't mean it's true of course; let's see how it goes.

Also though: having consensual sex with a 17 year old is not a particularly grim offense and isn't actually pedophillia (look it up). It's made somewhat worse because as a teacher he's rightly held to higher standards especially where it involves his own students, but in a law enforcement way I doubt this will lead to much.

The hang 'em high brigade can go fume at something else now.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

...'fun'...preying on juniors....

...not a good role model for sure....

...and no...the school cannot be left out of it....

...but don't hold your breath.....

...18 children were burned to a crisp.....

...and nobody was held accountable.....

...the land of the blameless....

...wow...

Are you sure they were burned to a crisp?!

Edited by taiwanatoa

• 1 year later...