Military Appointed Team of Experts to Take Over Pattaya This Week

webfact

Military Appointed Team of Experts to Take Over Pattaya This Week

Story by Albert Jack

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya was first granted city status in 1978 and since the beginning the residents have been able to vote for, and elect, their own mayor and councillors. It is the only city in Thailand outside Bangkok that has enjoyed that privilege.

Local elections have been held every four years and the City’s one-hundred thousand registered voters have been invited to select their own representation at City Hall.

The current mayor, Ittipol Khunpluem, son of Kamnan Poh, the man said to be the ‘godfather’ of Chonburi, was first elected in 2008. His second term comes to an end this week on Thursday June 16, 2016.

So, what next for the local Government?

Usually there would be another democratic election but as Thailand has been under military rule since May 2014 there are no plans for any more elections until late 2017, at the earliest.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/225324/military-appointed-team-experts-take-pattaya-week/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-13

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This killed me military and experts in the same line , to take over Pattaya, more like ruin it.

Do not under estimate the military...

IMHO I am convinced of the accusations that the farther of the current mayor is the head of an organised crime syndicate and hopefully the military will now be able to do something about the organised crime like the Jet Ski and Baht Bus mafia.

They could also use the miraculous article 44 to finish the Waterfront condo,rebuild the Bali Hai marina make all speed boats use said marina thus turning the area into the "Monaco" of Asia,remove all unsightly wiring and advertising signs,fix the roads and pavements,remove all beggers and street hawkers,ensure adequate drinking,flood and sewage water management and return happiness to "all"

Bridge Clubs and other entertainment locations for the Pattaya elderly (are they allowed Bingo) will now need to have tight security to keep the combat troops out.

No doubt residents and tourists can expect to see many more soldiers on the beat wearing full battle gear, bulletproof jackets and carrying automatic weapons. Just as they have been seen to do in places like Soi Cowboy. That should add a bit of excitement to the raunchy tourist character of Pattaya.

The last outposts of democracy in Thailand are surely being extinguished.

My biggest concern is the dress code in the gogos will be changed.

I am a huge fan of them wearing high heels, ear rings and make up under the current administration.

I prey to the Dear Lord that this stays the same.

The first thing they should do is to close Soi 6 for good. And destroy WS. Get rid of all the bar owners. Lets turn Pattaya into a fishing village again. Love and peace.

Edited by balo

The first thing they should do is to close Soi 6 for good. And destroy WS. Get rid of all the bar owners. Lets turn Pattaya into a fishing village again. Love and peace.

I'm actually in favor of demolishing WS, or at least the sea side of it. Overpriced tourist trap, could be turned into open air beer bars with a sea view. Get rid of the Chinese troops, too. And while at it scrap that evil Central as well. Come to think of it, yeah, rip it all open including the roads and let palm trees grow. Good old coconut girls will return.

I'm actually in favor of demolishing WS, or at least the sea side of it. Overpriced tourist trap, could be turned into open air beer bars with a sea view. Get rid of the Chinese troops, too. And while at it scrap that evil Central as well. Come to think of it, yeah, rip it all open including the roads and let palm trees grow. Good old coconut girls will return.

No way!,

i heard the very first thing they will do, it's to turn Pratumnak's Hill into an hosting site for the next ski jump's olympics, get your heavy wears ready folks

My biggest concern is the dress code in the gogos will be changed.

I am a huge fan of them wearing high heels, ear rings and make up under the current administration.

I prey to the Dear Lord that this stays the same.

Well! If they change then maybe they can have some skimpy army fatigues on instead of airline uniforms heheee...