Phuket Tourist Police officer slams car into roadside pylon

snoop1130

Phuket Tourist Police officer slams car into roadside pylon
Eakkapop Thongtub

post-249866-0-32341900-1465993244_thumb.
Snr Sgt Maj Rong Nuankhawn of the Tourist Police was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town for a head injury. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A Phuket Tourist Police officer is in hospital after he crashed his car into a light pylon on a wet road in Thalang early this morning (June 15).

The accident occurred at about 3:20am on Thepkrasattri Rd northbound, several hundred metres north of the Heroines Monument, said Capt Kraisorn Boonprasop of the Thalang Police.

Kusoldharm rescue workers recovered Snr Sgt Maj Rong Nuankhawn, 39, of the Tourist Police, from his mangled Toyota Vios and transported him to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town for a head injury.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tourist-police-officer-slams-car-into-roadside-pylon-57874.php#yiE3jem65WokAVTJ.97

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-06-15

I mentioned the increase in drink driving, which was extremely prevalent any way, during Euro 2016, in another thread.

Fortunately this guy didn't kill or maim anybody else.

Let's hope he has no insurance on his car because he won't be punished by the judicial system for sure.

Forty years ago in the UK we used to cut police officers some slack, but now I think that golden age is over, and the book gets thrown very hard.

As Thailand is about forty years behind the UK in policing, maybe I can look to see improvement soon, haha!

I would say 90% of the people on the road after midnight. Are drunk.

I was crossing a major road last night- checked both ways and it was clear (hadn't been drinking) started to cross the road as there was a great 'whoosh' and some <deleted> in a Jazz with no lights on shot past. Never saw him until up close. Nearly needed a change of pants. No lights and late- bound to be someone drunk after the football.

Looked like a couple of white guys in the car so not all drunks are Thai ( not that you insinuated that either).

I would not say 90% of drivers after midnight are drunk.

I will, however, say the majority of drivers after midnight are under the influence enough to impair their judgement when controlling a motor vehicle.

Some are heavily intoxicated, some are moderately intoxicated. Either way, their judgement is impaired and they should not be driving / riding.

(majority means over 50%)

Edited by NamKangMan

I will, however, say the majority of drivers after midnight are under the influence enough to impair their judgement when controlling a motor vehicle.

Some are heavily intoxicated, some are moderately intoxicated. Either way, their judgement is impaired and they should not be driving / riding.

Most drivers have impaired vision at night due to the heavy tints on the car windows. Told the missus I don't want any tint on the front windscreen next time we get a new car and she couldn't believe what I was saying. Seems it's unheard of in Thailand to have a clear windscreen. Not that this would have any impact on the accident referred to in the OP.

Forty years ago in the UK we used to cut police officers some slack, but now I think that golden age is over, and the book gets thrown very hard.

As Thailand is about forty four hundred years behind the UK in policing, maybe I can look to see improvement soon, haha!

Just thought I would improve the accuracy of your post. I hope you don't mind.

Most drivers have impaired vision at night due to the heavy tints on the car windows. Told the missus I don't want any tint on the front windscreen next time we get a new car and she couldn't believe what I was saying. Seems it's unheard of in Thailand to have a clear windscreen. Not that this would have any impact on the accident referred to in the OP.

Mmmm, maybe instead of "brakes no work" or "rain make road wet" we may see accidents blamed on "glass window no good - can not see pylon." :)