British passport for 2 year old

Hello,

A good friend of mine had a child 2 years ago born in Bangkok, his wife is Thai. They have since moved to Singapore for his work and now planning to apply for his child's British passport in Singapore, would it be the same process as Thailand? Or how does he apply.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Edited by grankboy

Your friend would need to look at the passport website as things can vary from one country to another. Why didn't he get the child's British passport after the birth.

I applied for my son's British passport in Bangkok when he was three months old and we had it in 11 days.

Your friend would need to look at the passport website as things can vary from one country to another. Why didn't he get the child's British passport after the birth.

I applied for my son's British passport in Bangkok when he was three months old and we had it in 11 days.

Is there a difference between getting a British passport and getting British citizenship? I have a daughter born in Thailand to a Thai wife and myself as the British father and would like to get her British citizenship. Any advise greatly appreciated.

Is there a difference between getting a British passport and getting British citizenship? I have a daughter born in Thailand to a Thai wife and myself as the British father and would like to get her British citizenship. Any advise greatly appreciated.

Get her a passport and she's British.

• Like 1

Your daughter is probably already British. If she isn't, it may cost the best part of £1,000 to buy her British citizenship. If you were born in the UK, she was born after 16 July 2006, and you were married to her mother at the time of birth, she's British.