SURVEY: What's your favorite beer in Thailand?

Scott

SURVEY: What's your favorite beer in Thailand?  

271 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently I've been getting dreadful hangovers on Heineken so have switched to Tiger Light when I can find it, Singha /Singha light as a backup.

I visit the Philippines 3-5 times a year & drink SML (San Miguel Light) but after 6 or so, start getting heartburn.

Agree with the comments about a nice cider over ice, but again after 6 or so I get heartburn so have to switch

Edited by JB300

Hoegaarden

Mr OP, technically your list is the most part largers not Beer as such anyway..but with the exception of many be an ocassional Chang, for the rest i would rather drink cats urine than have to subject my taste buds to those so called "beers" on your list

I used to like the Londoner Pub's drafts. Anything 'homemade' or draft is better than something from a bottle. But if I have to choose by the bottle my order is Chang, Tiger then anything else. Lao is quite good but not Thai of course. If the AEC ever really develops it would be nice to see what other ASEAN beers are out there.

All it says is monopoly.

So you're saying that Beer Lao is good because it's a monopoly (99% domestic market share)?

The best beers made in Thailand are clearly the microbrews, like Full Moon, Chit, Sandport, Team Alpha, and Seven Two. Not generally available in stores but you can order some of them online.

Beer made in Thailand by locals is rubbish! Belgium and Germany rule, when it comes to beer making. Thus, whenever I can afford, I opt for German or Belgium beers. There are some micro breweries around, one here in Jungceylon, which serve tasty home brews as well. All of them have foreign partners (professional brewers) involved. Never order a pizza in a Chinese restaurant smile.png

Belgian-Beer-Flight-Credit-Milwaukee-Bee

Edited by MockingJay

surprised to hear other people getting heartburn from thai beer - i unhappily fall into this camp -and now drink cider

whether its a gluten thing or not - don't know - probably

but i now stock Corona and Asahi .

Leo is top seller- amazing how quickly it went to no 1 spot.best of a bad bunch- so often in thailand the consumer gets screwed while the monopolies dictate what we should drink.

don't forget the idiots in charge of taxation- don't want you to enjoy a healthy glass of red wine at reasonable prices

they want you to drink lao kao or are happy to sell you cheap crap from india and russia - TIT

Leo. In the can. A very, very cold can.

Like this?leo-2-413x640.jpg

Si', Senor! Might get a sour one now and again, gotta check the production date stamp. Usually no problem if from a shop / pub with a good turn over.

Hoegaarden

Mr OP, technically your list is the most part largers not Beer as such anyway..but with the exception of many be an ocassional Chang, for the rest i would rather drink cats urine than have to subject my taste buds to those so called "beers" on your list

I agree Bunnychow , beer and lager are not the same thing , years ago I looked up lager in a dictionary and it said ' weak beer '. Ok things change so not weak any longer but still not beer. I voted for Chang , there is none in the house right now but I do have a few bottles of Hoegaarden , acquired 3 days at 45B per bottle . Not Thai so not got my vote.