38 Chinese Tourists Abandoned by Thai Tour Guides as Tour Company is Robbed of Their Room Fees

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good story. Made me chuckle.

Chinese prepaid for rooms.

Chinese squeezed for extra money.

2 tour guides do a runner.

Hotel say "cannot cannot".

Classic !!

And these two groups are building a massive high-speed railway cutting through most of Southeast Asia.

And TAT doesn't think these people will return to China and tell all 400 of their cousins and friends what happened?

No problem. There will be another 400 million Chinese who do not hear of this or will not care.

Kinda like farangs and advice about "Thai girls".

Classic !!

And these two groups are building a massive high-speed railway cutting through most of Southeast Asia.

OT but the railway network (and subways) in China is pretty impressive.

Classic !!

OT but the railway network (and subways) in China is pretty impressive.

Not the people inside them however.

The Pattaya Tourist Police, to their credit, did the job the hotel staff might have done and called the Tai Wan Gua Tang Tour Company, who made the booking, to make arrangements for payment. After which the Chinese were finally allowed into their rooms.

coffee1.gif

We will surely hear more from the R Con Hotel's General Manager Mr. Ho Lee Fock...

Looks like even a fellow Chinese didn't care for them.

I was trying, with my limited English, to put a little humor in this. I'm just not 100% sure if "Ho Lee Fock" sounds like it should be when it's pronounced correctlywhistling.gif ....

On a serious note, the Chinese only care about their immediate family.

Abandoned Chinese Tourists. Two Tour Guides Arrested
Story by Albert Jack

post-137452-0-75589800-1466322206.png

PATTAYA: -- 9am Breaking News: Two tour guides have been arrested, one thought to be Chinese, after 38 Chinese tourists were abandoned at a Pattaya hotel without having had their rooms paid for.

Reports are emerging that the tour guides were told by the Chinese travel company to ‘sell excursions or don’t bother coming back.’ They managed to sell trips to four of the group when but the rest refused they took off with the cash.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/225662/abandoned-chinese-tourists-two-tour-guides-arrested/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-20

And TAT doesn't think these people will return to China and tell all 400 of their cousins and friends what happened?

No problem. There will be another 400 million Chinese who do not hear of this or will not care.

Maybe some will not care but if each one of the scammed Chinese just tells two others what happened and each day those newly informed each tell two others... 38, 76 ,152 , 304, 608 ... After 25 days there will be over a billion who have been told what happened

Edited by morrobay

Maybe some will not care but if each one of the scammed Chinese just tells two others what happened and each day those newly informed each tell two others... 38, 76 ,152 , 304, 608 ... After 25 days there will be over a billion who have been told what happened

Unfortunately even in China the same old scams are still in use. Every day there's a new sucker falling into these traps. Of course, new ones are popping up as well and they are getting even more ruthless.

A post and a reply have been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

The tour was pre-paid. AFAIK the hotel should have been paid yes?

The tour guides were most probably illegal........usually a tour guide is hired by tour companies and assigned to a specific group of tourists; they operate individual since their daily fee is in between THB 1,500 and THB 2,000 and therefore pretty expensive.

I guess that the "guides" offered their services at the airport ("2 for one").

As for practices by British tour operators used to be (not sure if it still goes on), deposit on booking, full payment weeks before departure, and pay the hotel months after the guests departed.

There have been many instances of gusts waiting in hotel lobby's for tour operators to wire the money or being asked to pay themselves for a room our just turfed out of a hotel without warning some time in the middle of the night.

In these days of the internet who needs a tour operator??? I certainly have never needed or used one for over 20 years.

The tour guides were most probably illegal........usually a tour guide is hired by tour companies and assigned to a specific group of tourists; they operate individual since their daily fee is in between THB 1,500 and THB 2,000 and therefore pretty expensive.

As for practices by British tour operators used to be (not sure if it still goes on), deposit on booking, full payment weeks before departure, and pay the hotel months after the guests departed.

There have been many instances of gusts waiting in hotel lobby's for tour operators to wire the money or being asked to pay themselves for a room our just turfed out of a hotel without warning some time in the middle of the night.

In these days of the internet who needs a tour operator??? I certainly have never needed or used one for over 20 years.

It's still very popular to China to do these tours, even to Hong Kong or Macau. These are cheap and of course with many problems. Even within China.

Edited by FinChin67

The problem is by the time the message reached just half of those people the story will have changed,,, it's called "Chinese Whispers"! giggle.gif

Too true. Those days have thankfully gone in most places and people book their own holidays. nobody needs the so called "security" of using tour operators anymore with inflated prices on hotels and excursions.

There may be some criticisms about Chinese behaviour abroad but one thing they are is very quicker learners. The tour operators days are numbered for sure. When that happens the local economy will seriously benefit from the Chinese tourist, right now the cash is kept "in house" as much as possible.

sheep need tour operators are they cant really manage much other than move around in a bunch.....

.....and eat from troughs.