What animal is in my house ?

Incobart

Hi, This morning I saw in a bedroom (second floor) 2 holes, 1 in the wall and 1 in the ceiling, size about 4-5 cm, it is made true gysum (ceiling) and concrete board (shera) 5-6 mm.

I have no idea what animal can make this (quickly), can bite true this material, this size, or intrested in a whole in the ceiling ?

anyone know ?

thankspost-13477-0-83329900-1466480934_thumb.jpost-13477-0-81669400-1466480954_thumb.j

Rat, have had several just like that one in our ceilings. Rat poison works but then you will have dead, decaying rat which really stinks up the house. Best to get up there and use glue pads (available in Tesco, big-C, maybe HomePro). Use those per instructions, which is really just unpeel the cover, drop some snackies (peanuts, cheese) on it and set them out in probable rat routes in the ceiling. Monitor the stickies and remove with the attached rat, put in plastic bag and bin it. Then reload because where there is one there will be others.

ok, but why I don't see, smeel, or find shit, and why he make a hole in the ceiling ? to jump in and out from the floor ?, and why stay in a bedroom, and not in a kitchen.. just some questions that rise to me then..

Thai rat, you dont understandlaugh.png

Sticky glue pads are incredibly good. Only discovered them recently.

Their legs get stuck, then their body and then even the tail.

The more they struggle the more they get stuck and its so good to hear them squeal when removing them by the tail with pliers.

Hate rats and mice. Filthy beasts.

I wouldn't make a good Buddhist.giggle.gif

Cheese isn't as good as the Tom and Jerry cartoons made out to be. Its a myth.

A small bit of peanut butter is great and stays put, especially in the middle of the cardboard sticky traps and ordinary rat/mouse traps.

Edited by Jing Joe

Most rodent poisons contain warfarin as the active ingredient, When eaten by the rodent it develops an insatiable thirst and has to find water so usually leaves the space the same route that it came in. Drinking water finishes the job.

...a determined rat....

...they have been known to chew through toilet seats....

...and even cement or concrete....???

And the wiring of motor vehicles.....

mice ate the soy based coating Toyota used on its automobile wires, obviously no mice at Toyota engineering building.

Yep! It looks like a Rat. You should be able to hear them scampering on the roof at night.

Can be a real pain in the Butt. Setting poison up there can give you some strange smells later. I had one who chewed his way into my cupboard where I stored my kitchen garbage. So I set a live Rat Trap and caught him the nice day. And the next day. And the next day after that. And all the next days for about 2 weeks, until I finally boarded up the hole and found out how he was getting in from outside.

Rat, have had several just like that one in our ceilings. Rat poison works but then you will have dead, decaying rat which really stinks up the house. Best to get up there and use glue pads (available in Tesco, big-C, maybe HomePro). Use those per instructions, which is really just unpeel the cover, drop some snackies (peanuts, cheese) on it and set them out in probable rat routes in the ceiling. Monitor the stickies and remove with the attached rat, put in plastic bag and bin it. Then reload because where there is one there will be others.

Rat poisons these day have something in them which makes the rat desperate to drink water. So he/she rat rushes outside to get a drink and the reaction of the water and the tasty poison causes a lethal toxic mix. Rat dies outside never to return to the comfort of you home.

Most rodent poisons contain warfarin as the active ingredient, When eaten by the rodent it develops an insatiable thirst and has to find water so usually leaves the space the same route that it came in. Drinking water finishes the job.

its no wonder i drink toooooooooooooooo much,i have to take warfarin for life,rats dont like cider.

Very similar but about an inch in length (in the new kitchen cabinets arrr !) at most so mybe a mouse but why the top off the fly screen and middle of unit

Its logical that a rodent would only chew enough to get through (and they can squeeze through some small places) so compared to the finger, this looks like a rat-size not mouse-size

Sticky glue pads are incredibly good. Only discovered them recently.

Their legs get stuck, then their body and then even the tail.

The more they struggle the more they get stuck and its so good to hear them squeal when removing them by the tail with pliers.

Hate rats and mice. Filthy beasts.

I wouldn't make a good Buddhist.giggle.gif

Cheese isn't as good as the Tom and Jerry cartoons made out to be. Its a myth.

A small bit of peanut butter is great and stays put, especially in the middle of the cardboard sticky traps and ordinary rat/mouse traps.

Rather lacking in the good human dept. also.

I have had good luck with the metal cage traps, using a bit of fried pork rind as bait, usually took them to a wooded area for release, or you can just drop the trap in a bucket of water to end their life, i used to do this when raising turtles, toss the body in the pond they would eat every bit.

Rat poisons these day have something in them which makes the rat desperate to drink water. So he/she rat rushes outside to get a drink and the reaction of the water and the tasty poison causes a lethal toxic mix. Rat dies outside never to return to the comfort of you home.

That's the Bayer stuff and it's good, keeps the thing from dying in your rafters and stinking up the place.

Sometimes they are able to drag the sticky pads all over the place, can disengage, you get that green goo all over, terrible.

Once stepped into my place to find a completely goo covered rat stuck to my doormat still alive, had to club the guy with a shoe. Mat gooed up, shoe then gooed, green goo everywhere.

Prefer that Bayer poison.