What improvements would you like the army to make that in your opinion would improve things

jippytum

The army administration have taken over the local council in Pattaya and other locations nationwide until the next elections.

Personally as regards Pattaya i would like some restriction of buses using narrow sois and blocking Beach road for example .

Make an attempt at cleaning up some of the garbage. Our opinion isn't needed as we are guests and that is true. A good host on the other hand would actually care about the happiness of their guests however. Especially when said guest is actually a paying customer and not living off of the gracious hospitality of the host in question.

Yep I can see the military administration making changes to accommodate sexpats fed up with the traffic jams on Beach Road eating into their short time on the journey back to the bedsit

Well at the same time sex tourist are the biggest spenders around. If the government is unwilling to improve things based upon the spite that is apparent in your post then there is going to be big trouble in little China. Here is a novel idea why not try to improve things just because you take pride in your country on a basic personal level?

Well the things i would like them to do is increase the amount of money required to obtain a "retirement visa" i think having thb 2.0 million in bank or a monthly pension of thb 160,000/m is fair

Edited by Bunnychow

Well the things i would like them to do is increase the amount of money required to obtain a "retirement visa" i think having thb 2.0 million in bank or a monthly pension of thb 160,000/m is fair

What improvement would that achieve?

I would like to see them do something about the road fatalities, make sure the police enforce the laws an awful lot more instead of always hounding motorbikes around Bangkok for tea money.

I would also like to see immigration get their act together and all use the same rules instead of giving individual offices a licence to make up their own.

and also get their tourist visas properly set out so as not to keep tourists wondering if they will get another visa or not because of stupid complicated rules, and

encourage more quality tourists to come here and contribute to the economy.

Yep I can see the military administration making changes to accommodate sexpats fed up with the traffic jams on Beach Road eating into their short time on the journey back to the bedsit

Well at the same time sex tourist are the biggest spenders around. If the government is unwilling to improve things based upon the spite that is apparent in your post then there is going to be big trouble in little China. Here is a novel idea why not try to improve things just because you take pride in your country on a basic personal level?

Hmm let's see, I think they have bigger fish to fry than traffic congestion on Beach Road

Make an attempt at cleaning up some of the garbage. Our opinion isn't needed as we are guests and that is true. A good host on the other hand would actually care about the happiness of their guests however. Especially when said guest is actually a paying customer and not living off of the gracious hospitality of the host in question.

"guests"?????????????

Ban random double-parking.

Ban all unnecessary noise.

Shoot anyone found carrying any sort of weapon.

Any sort of weapon?? A gun, yes, as long as it's a real one with real bullets, and the person carrying it is in a public area. again, if someone pulls a knife on someone else and a policeman sees it, he

should just shoot them? I think that would be up for debate.

or, imagine this scenario, a guy is riding his bike and carrying pepper spray to see off soi dogs, a policeman sees it in his basket, and then shoots the cyclist.

would that be acceptable? That is not up for debate.

A ridiculous post, and surely must be a troll.

Silly thread here we go again

Disagree, it is not a silly thread, the OP is asking a reasonable question, I will enjoy reading

posters opinions on this.

Almost as silly as a ghost thread some would say!

Doesnt matter what you would "like", you dont have a vote, therefore have no say and your opinion not required, nor requested as you are merely a visitor, a guest.

Isn't that the point of the Pub Forum ????

Too many times I see comments on ThaiVisa.com... 'if you don't like it go home'... 'you're a guest and have no say'... Well, what about the Thai members of this forum (not many I know).. but many of us have Thai friends with whom we'll discuss these topics, in turn we'll discuss them with each other and this forum is as good a place as any to discuss this provocative question....

Thus, the 'you don't have a vote as you are merely a guest' argument is ill thought out as the question itself makes for an interesting topic..

----

What Improvements would I like to see ?... The lifting of many of the laws and limitations on freedoms enjoyed in other countries (say no more)... I'd like to see an eradication of corruption, a better ambulance and fire service, well planned out traffic reduction measures and through education a general improvement in the moral compass of many who seem to think 'me first' which would have a mulitfaceted and positive knock on effect on many of the aspects mentioned above.

Doesnt matter what you would "like", you dont have a vote, therefore have no say and your opinion not required, nor requested as you are merely a visitor, a guest.

And judging by most of the inane complaints regularly posted here, the suggestions would all involve making life more convenient for khun farang without regard to the well-being of the actual citizens of the country.

If tourists and immigrants in your home country began to publish their opinions on how Farang ought to improve their country to make things more convenient for tourists and immigrants, can you imagine the high-pitched squeal of disbelief from the local citizenry?

For example, if Mexican visitors and immigrants in the US decided to tell local authorities what they wanted done to improve things.

anti_immigrant_AL_040711-th2b66.jpg?itok

Isn't that the point of the Pub Forum ????

Too many times I see comments on ThaiVisa.com... 'if you don't like it go home'... 'you're a guest and have no say'... Well, what about the Thai members of this forum (not many I know).. but many of us have Thai friends with whom we'll discuss these topics, in turn we'll discuss them with each other and this forum is as good a place as any to discuss this provocative question....

Thus, the 'you don't have a vote as you are merely a guest' argument is ill thought out as the question itself makes for an interesting topic..

----

What Improvements would I like to see ?... The lifting of many of the laws and limitations on freedoms enjoyed in other countries (say no more)... I'd like to see an eradication of corruption, a better ambulance and fire service, well planned out traffic reduction measures and through education a general improvement in the moral compass of many who seem to think 'me first' which would have a mulitfaceted and positive knock on effect on many of the aspects mentioned above.

"a general improvement in the moral compass of many who seem to think 'me first' "

I assume this is aimed at the community of Thai Visa posters who actually believe everything is about them??

I'd like the army to stop manning a roadblock that has continued ever since their successful putsch on a main road on the fringes of my local regional city, Ubon Ratchatani.

I go through it once or twice a week and it reminds me that:

* senior soldiers who would be emporor love to remind the people that we are the army and we can control your life anytime we want

* semior soldiers are stupid; why put a road block perpetually in the same place when there are myriad routes out of the city going in that bangkok direction which they seem to want to check

Thanks you just gave me the best laugh ive had in ages. "Sex tourists are the biggest spenders around" hahaha . Yes while constantly chasing the cheapest fan room, free breakfast, chasing balloons and trying to get a skank off beach road for 500 baht. Love how sexpats think they are the driving force of the Thai economy. Classic