So what did the Brexit supporters gain?

attachicon.gifIMG_22971.JPG You can never get this cost back you silly E.U lovers

Can anyone be so stupid to base an analysis on this photo?....and to think it has anything to do with EU membership - I really think stupid doesn't fully cover the extent of ignorance that is required for that.

The sort reply one expects from a Poor Brit seeking work here...You loose billions to them financial scumbags, there are many E.U. Nations beside England .but as they say." We aint Goin There, they give yer nuffin." in whatever language they whine with. So why is that "oh wise n lefty person" ?.. I will remain content in my ignorance.England was good to me 50 years ago as an emigrant for learning not cash reasons.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The poor EU immigrants are taking jobs from the lowest level of Brit. workers -

Well, the last time I listend to employers back in the UK they said that without EU migrants they could not fill all available positions, especially not in the "low-level" jobs since too many Brits would rather be on the dole and abuse the welfare system than getting their hands dirty in low-paid jobs.

To be honest, I think to vote OUT was a poor decision. It was the wrong decision, imho. Mind you, now that the majority voted out I cannot wait for the government to pull the trigger and to get out. The sooner the better because the ongoing "discussions" (claims and counter-claims) on forums such as TV are getting on my tits. I want Britain out asap and then we will see how it pans out over the next decade or 2.

Please quote the entirety of my post rather than one abbreviated sentence - taking one segment just 'skews' the points I was making rolleyes.gif .

Edited by dick dasterdly

U.K. will be much better in the long run. Look Swizerland and Norway, much better as EU.

Did you study their deals with the EU in terms of accepting EU laws, making contributions to the EU budget and accepting free movement of people?

U.K. will be much better in the long run. Look Swizerland and Norway, much better as EU.

Did you study their deals with the EU in terms of accepting EU laws, making contributions to the EU budget and accepting free movement of people?

Switzerland workforce is 20% immigrants against 10% for the UK so we have a fair way to go to catch them up yet.

Switzerland workforce is 20% immigrants against 10% for the UK so we have a fair way to go to catch them up yet.

But they count people from neighboring countries as immigrants, same language, same religion.

If the UK were to count Welsh, Scots and Irish as immigrants what would the figures be?

Edited by MissAndry

But they count people from neighboring countries as immigrants, same language, same religion.

If the UK were to count Welsh, Scots and Irish as immigrants what would the figures be?

same language, same religion? how many Albanians and Turks are catholics or protestants and how many of the 495,000 immigrants from Africa and Asia speak one of the three official Swiss languages? coffee1.gif

Well when UK would get rid on social burden it has again great future , all answers go to compare with Switzerland --how about Norway? Not in EU and much better trade. Iceland? Don't worry UK will come now much better, now there can trade free with no rules from EU dictatorship

Well when UK would get rid on social burden it has again great future , all answers go to compare with Switzerland --how about Norway? Not in EU and much better trade. Iceland? Don't worry UK will come now much better, now there can trade free with no rules from EU dictatorship

Have you even a clue what Norway's relationship with the EU is?

read, weep and learn! tongue.png

The EEA agreement grants Norway access to the EU's internal market. From the 23,000 EU laws currently in force, the EEA has incorporated around 5,000 (in force) meaning that Norway is subject to roughly 21% of EU laws.

Overall, this means that about 28% of EU legislation in force of these two types in 2008 were in force in Norway in 2010.

This arrangement facilitates free movement of goods, capital, services and people between the EU and EFTA members including Norway.

Free movement of people means freedom of movement for workers between Norway and EU, and that Norway is a part of the Schengen Area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway%E2%80%93European_Union_relations

Have you even a clue what Norway's relationship with the EU is?

no he doesn't smile.png

What social burden? Our contribution to the EU amounted to 1% of UK tax revenue. Most of that 1% came back in grants and our rebate. UK science received twice as much in funding than was contributed by the UK.

Our local and national government spend 99% of our tax revenues so I think that is where people should have been focussing their anger about waste. As usual when we can blame the scary foreigners we go for that option and cut our nose off to spite our face.

As for Norway maybe you should do some reading. How much do they pay to gain access to the single market? Do they have a seat at the table when decisions are made? Do they have to allow free movement of people? Do the have to stick to all those pesky EU regulations we were so desperate to rid ourselves of?

The figures would be wrong, that's what they would be. Why would the UK count citizens as immigrants? You do know that the UK is not just England don't you? That would be like France counting people from Brittany as immigrants or Germany counting people from Bavaria as immigrants. That makes no sense.

Why u guys not look on trade gop for Norway and the beautiful EU ----????

Made up by exported oil, gas and hydro generated electricity minerals and timber.

Norway's economy relies on exporting natural resources.

Now go check Norway and the EU freedom of movement regulations.

No they don't.

Technically the word immigrant only applies to those that do not have the right to reside, those that have the right to reside under the freedom of movement are in fact migrants.

The word immigration takes on a different context and usually includes both categories. When the UK refers to immigration figures they always quote as EU and Non-EU.

I think the UK has suddenly become a much more attractive place to live.

If I didn't enjoy living in Thailand so much I would certainly now consider living there.

please tell us what exactly has changed suddenly? huh.png

My pension. It was paid last Friday, about 10 percent less than the previous payment in early June.

The post is about what has changed suddenly and I am well aware that 10% is nothing to some so there is no need for any comments regarding its value.

If I didn't enjoy living in Thailand so much I would certainly now consider living there.

My pension. It was paid last Friday, about 10 percent less than the previous payment in early June.

The post is about what has changed suddenly and I am well aware that 10% is nothing to some so there is no need for any comments regarding its value.

wrong! my posting was a question to the claim "sudden change made UK attractive". are you trying to tell that this applies to you too?

wrong! my posting was a question to the claim "sudden change made UK attractive". are you trying to tell that this applies to you too?

It cannot be denied that the sudden loss of income would make the UK financially more attractive to some. I just came back yesterday so the unattractive side is still fresh in the mind and as I have my own home I will probably die here.

It cannot be denied that the sudden loss of income would make the UK financially more attractive to some. I just came back yesterday so the unattractive side is still fresh in the mind.

I miss the manners and courtesy of the UK. Everyone there was always so polite and helpful.

Here they ignore you in the shops, barge you out of the way in the streets, and run you down in the road.

Edited by MissAndry
I miss the manners and courtesy of the UK. Everyone there was always so polite and helpful.

Here they ignore you in the shops, barge you out of the way in the streets, and run you down in the road.

I like your irony.... (sometimes) .... ;)

What the Brexit supporters have gained is a promise from me that I will never live in the UK again. Having read about the surge in racially motivated hate crimes since the referendum, there's no way I would take my daughter to live in a country full of nasty, bigotted, ignorant louts like the UK (England in particular, excluding London perhaps).

On these forums, we often see complaints of how we are treated by Thai people - double pricing, being ignored in shops, and the tortous immigration procedures have all been commented on recently. I dont like double pricing or immigration's seemingly unsatiable appetite for paperwork but until Thai people start verbally abusing me in the street, burning my property, and sending me death threats, I'll consider them (as a whole) more enlightened than my countrymen back home.

Edited by Mark123456