EU referendum: BBC forecasts UK votes to leave

webfact

So what's the takeaway from this video? By migrants they refer to a couple and try to generalize. You should not forget that a lot of people from these "eastern" countries do the kind of jobs UK citizens are not willing to do. That's one end of the spectrum - the other one is the educated that work for evil multinationals, speak multiple languages and sit in well paid jobs. Come on, you have colonized most of the world and can't put up with a couple of "migrants"? Don't be so picky. Someone needs to clean dishes

a couple of economists suggested a trade or privileged economical treaty with eastern Europe and not a full membership.

from Enlargement of the European Union

Turkey - Negotiating.

Kosovo - Potential candidate (this country got more then 4 million piece of unregistered AK-47, expect a total eruption of gang violence once admitted).

Serbia - Negotiating.

Bosnia and Herzegovina - Potential candidate.

Albania- Official candidate (10 million piece of weapons plus a famous mafia).

all the weapons used in the latest terrorist attacks in Paris or Belgium were bought from gangs in Serbia or Albania thank you Europe.

Edited by marcofunny

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently the amount of money wiped from the British stocks and financial markets in 24 hours since Brexit is equivalent to 40 years of UK contributions to the EU.

Basically it looks as if UK has had a tantrum and thrown its rattle out of the pram.

at least they haven't (quite) thrown the baby out with the bath water......over the next few years the "remainers" will now have to re-negotiate 40 years of treaties to repair the damage - already "leave" campaigners are changing their tunes and admitting that freedom of movement will be needed as a precondition.

It is agreed that if we want to continue to deal with Europe we will have to accept a deal like Norway , Iceland (Switzerland is different in status but similar in deal).

All 3 are in Schengen - and the EU will insist on freedom of movement that this entails - even leave campaigners are admitting this now. So infact it will result in less border controls.

Many Brexiteers pooh-poohed the idea that Scotland would leave the Union but they have already declared that the new situation qualifies for a new independence referendum.

In short we have to years to apologise on behalf of the Brexiteers and re-establish a rational relationship with Europe - this will mean accepting many things that as part of the EU we didn’t have to.

Remember there will be no election until 2020 and 3 quarters of MPs are pro EU.

When all this was pointed out to Brexiteers, rather than argue they just accused people of fear mongering - so now you reap the whirlwind - be afraid, be very afraid.

China is already wanting to re-negotiate their trade deals, others will follow.....

The best result you can possibly hope for is a return to the status quo by 2 years negotiation.

You will lose......

Funding for the Arts

Funding for science and research

Funding for farmers

Funding for rural projects

Funding for infrastructure in less populated regions and

Funding for conservation and environmental care

Funding for new civil engineering projects......’m sure there’ll be more to come.

PS - You will also lose Scotland, Northern Ireland and at some point Wales -=

It is quite clear that some MPs - e.g. Boris Johnson realised that "leave" was a shortcut to positions of power, without any real risk...........what the <deleted> did you think you were doing?

Edited by cumgranosalum

There are people who genuinely believe that the EU is at the root of all our ills, and that by leaving it we'll suddenly have all this money! We'll put the Great back into Great Britain! The recession is over! Of course that's what's going to happen especially with intellectual heavyweights like Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson leading the charge, what could possibly go wrong?

And as usual Scotland gets shafted by thickos south of the border. Cheers guys.

huh.png

No chance now of me gettiing into mensa, I've just been called "thick" by a Scotsman! That'll take some living down.

Are you one of those weird expats who lives in a foreign country and complains about immigration? I'm pretty sure your Mensa membership card probably wasn't on the way. :)

So apparently the amount of money wiped from the British stocks and financial markets in 24 hours since Brexit is equivalent to 40 years of UK contributions to the EU.

tell the folks of Panama Papers to bring back the cash as we all needed it now.

if the leaders in Brussels kept the union of just 14 countries and halted the expansion on 2004, I am sure that the Brits wont leave, for the first time Merkel and Sarkozy admitted that the union expansion must be suspended, 85% of the EU migrants in UK are from eastern countries which were added after 2005.

1995 European union map

So what's the takeaway from this video? By migrants they refer to a couple and try to generalize. You should not forget that a lot of people from these "eastern" countries do the kind of jobs UK citizens are not willing to do. That's one end of the spectrum - the other one is the educated that work for evil multinationals, speak multiple languages and sit in well paid jobs. Come on, you have colonized most of the world and can't put up with a couple of "migrants"? Don't be so picky. Someone needs to clean dishes

A lot of Brits live in the nostalgia of the past (Hungarians too - Trianon treaty after 100 years is still an unhealed wound for many) But in a fast paced world you need to adopt or else you're over and out. You're not the glorious nation you used to be. Asia and China will eat you for breakfast - I bet many are looking at London properties already. It will follow Auckland or Vancouver. You can't dictate any more - those times are over. EU's future is in collaboration/unity and not isolation.

You understand that Norway, Iceland and Switzerland are ALL part of SCHENGEN zone = freedom of movement - the UK wasn't but will now have to join if it is to trade with anyone in Europe?

if the leaders in Brussels kept the union of just 14 countries and halted the expansion on 2004, I am sure that the Brits wont leave, for the first time Merkel and Sarkozy admitted that the union expansion must be suspended, 85% of the EU migrants in UK are from eastern countries which were added after 2005.

1995 European union map

Do you think UK folk in the past laid on sofas and did nothing...?

My mother was a maid, also made stuff in a factory to down German aircraft...

You are not getting what I said and your reply is not relevant either. In today's world you can't act like an offended teenager and say things like it can't be worse than it is now or markets will recover, they always have or we'll figure out something but at least we have our country back. Practically repeating catchphrases from leave campaign, but being unable to see the big picture and think of the consequences.

What other countries do or say shouldn't really bother us. After all, we're only asserting our sovereign right. Anybody would think we dropped a nuclear bomb!

Don't want to be rude, but a divided UK outside the EU can stick sovereignty up her proverbial. My friends at other banks in London are already looking for jobs in EU/Switzerland and big banks although denying, are planning moves out. Same with LG/Samsung. These are profit making machines that don't hesitate to trigger business continuity plans if profits are at jeopardy

More good news yesterday as well as England thrashed Sri Lanka by 10 wickets, Hales 133 not out and Roy 112 not out, great stuff, great reaction to the earlier stunning news.

sooner or later the EU and the euro are all doomed to collapse, Greece's national debt is 140% of GDP, The EU is just another American Colony, all the economic policies is made by Wall street and not by the sovereign nations, the TTIP treaty has been imposed and it s not at the advantage of the Europeans, Today Greece is burning and crumbling because of the euro, thanks God the British didn't make the mistake of joining the Euro !!!

Edited by marcofunny

sooner or later the EU and the euro are all doomed to collapse, Greece's national debt is 140% of GDP, The EU is just another American Colony, all the economic policies is made by Wall street and not by the sovereign nations, the TTIP treaty has been imposed and it s not at the advantage of the Europeans, Today Greece is burning and crumbling because of the euro, thanks God the British didn't make the mistake of joining the Euro !!!

I haven't studied medicine so cannot comment on clinical cases...

1995 European union map

A lot of Brits live in the nostalgia of the past (Hungarians too - Trianon treaty after 100 years is still an unhealed wound for many) But in a fast paced world you need to adopt or else you're over and out. You're not the glorious nation you used to be. Asia and China will eat you for breakfast - I bet many are looking at London properties already. It will follow Auckland or Vancouver. You can't dictate any more - those times are over. EU's future is in collaboration/unity and not isolation.

post-209086-0-30167400-1466853067_thumb.

tell the folks of Panama Papers to bring back the cash as we all needed it now.

you think that will cover it????

What other countries do or say shouldn't really bother us. After all, we're only asserting our sovereign right. Anybody would think we dropped a nuclear bomb!

Don't want to be rude, but a divided UK outside the EU can stick sovereignty up her proverbial. My friends at other banks in London are already looking for jobs in EU/Switzerland and big banks although denying, are planning moves out. Same with LG/Samsung. These are profit making machines that don't hesitate to trigger business continuity plans if profits are at jeopardy

Good for them. UK provides a very liberal trading environment, low corporate tax, trained workforce, and is a low wage economy with an undervalued currency. If that is not good enough, so be it.

Edited by mommysboy

1995 European union map

You understand that Norway, Iceland and Switzerland are ALL part of SCHENGEN zone = freedom of movement - the UK wasn't but will now have to join if it is to trade with anyone in Europe?

You need to be more informed then you will look less silly

EU are putting pressure on the UK to trigger Article 50 immediately, not until October as Cameron suggests.

If we have to negotiate immediately, then should it be Cameron or should he step down immediately and UK

appoint a new Prime Minister and if so who? I'm not totally convinced that Boris is the type of person who can

lead UK out and then lead the UK on. The person leading should be a Brexiter, Michael Gove says he's not

interested so who? If I had to have a little wager, I might go for someone like Theresa May, extremely experienced

and someone who kept a low profile during the last few months. How long after a new appointment would there

be a general election and who would contest it for Labour. There was a suggestion of him stepping down but

after this morning's speech he's put that idea to bed and he still is extremely popular.

Scotland will be interesting as I'm sure Sturgeon will do her best to implement a second referendum. She has

invited the Euro ministers to talk to her this morning. Let's assume there's a Scotland departing from UK but

part of the EU, do we have to erect a border with Scotland so EU migrants can't walk in? The same with Ireland

should there now be a border so EU migrants can't enter the UK via Republic of Ireland?

I understand the feelings of Brexiteers, but I don't think a lot of thought was given to the day after. All we heard

was "take back control" chanted out like a mantra. Now we're out it's a bit like Ooops we got what we wished for

now what? And good old Obama has re-iterated the fact that we go to the back of the queue, should we be hoping

for Donald Trump who said yesterday in Scotland "you took back your country? Good, that's what we're going to do"

We live in interesting times

1995 European union map

Unless you say what you think is incorrect, it is you who'll look silly.

This observation, just received from my brother, a journalist of forty years standing, speaks volumes for me:

"A Polish EU diplomat interviewed on C4 News last night expressed Poland’s huge concern and disappointment. The interview over, he took a couple paces away then returned to catch the departing Matt Frei’s arm and tell him quietly but firmly: “Do not expect Polish soldiers and airmen to come and defend your country as they did before. Never again.” It doesn’t matter that as it happens Matt Frei is of German parentage, he was being spoken to as a British television journalist. And a good one. The moment struck a deep chord with me as I know it will with you."

The EU was always about much, much more than bureaucracy, red tape, economic stresses, immigration, whatever.

For all its faults, there was, and still may be, a vision far greater than short-term. transitory problems that come and eventually are resolved.

Now let the xenophobes come forth and speak!

Unless you say what you think is incorrect, it is you who'll look silly.

The UK will not have to join schengen to trade with anyone in Europe

This observation, just received from my brother, a journalist of forty years standing, speaks volumes for me:

"A Polish EU diplomat interviewed on C4 News last night expressed Poland’s huge concern and disappointment. The interview over, he took a couple paces away then returned to catch the departing Matt Frei’s arm and tell him quietly but firmly: “Do not expect Polish soldiers and airmen to come and defend your country as they did before. Never again.” It doesn’t matter that as it happens Matt Frei is of German parentage, he was being spoken to as a British television journalist. And a good one. The moment struck a deep chord with me as I know it will with you."

The EU was always about much, much more than bureaucracy, red tape, economic stresses, immigration, whatever.

For all its faults, there was, and still may be, a vision far greater than short-term. transitory problems that come and eventually are resolved.

Actually many of the eastern europeans dislike the British, it's a hangover from the war, they are angry that the western aliance sold them out to Russia, and blame the British

It is curious that after decades of advancing the concept of globalization with territorial unions and common currencies which in the main have defied the USA that now is showing signs of retraction. Corporatism has been the spouse of globilization. Divorce could be complicated ! And as usual the lawyers will win.cheesy.gif

The UK holds the cards now, it does need to invoke article 50 any time soon and it can stall until next year when elections are held in the Netherlands, France and Germany, when likely eurosceptic governments will be formed. I don't believe Brexit will happen if more favourable Europeans governments are formed in 2017, but Hollande, Juncker and Merkel can't force the UK out. Contagion is more likely the longer the UK stalls invoking article 50 and that will benefit the UK's position.

The Euro powers have tried to frighten the UK before and it never works!

We're not betraying anyone simply by leaving an economic club. We don't owe Poland a living. There is no reason why a trading agreement can't be established, or not, as desired.

(I preferred to remain)