Now that Britain has voted to leave the EU, what comes next?

webfact

Cameron took a stupidly huge gamble and lost but the EU must share some of the blame as Britain's were fed up being dictated to by Brussels bureaucrats but before too many Yanks start telling us how 'stupid' we are I don't think the US would ever contemplate joining such a union themselves.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cameron took a stupidly huge gamble and lost but the EU must share some of the blame as Britain's were fed up being dictated to by Brussels bureaucrats but before too many Yanks start telling us how 'stupid' we are I don't think the US would ever contemplate joining such a union themselves.

Dude, get a clue. The USA is so HUGE it comprises it's OWN union. You Brits made a mistake. The damage will be massive. Really sorry about that.

Dude, get a clue. The USA is so HUGE it comprises it's OWN union. You Brits made a mistake. The damage will be massive. Really sorry about that.

Our union's called the Commonwealth.

Our union's called the Commonwealth.

It's not the same and you know the commonwealth nations were for REMAIN.

yes I get that dude... but you get the point? anyway, rough ride ahead but no one really knows 10 or 20 years down the road and history will judge but it's DEMOCRACY in action and we can be proud of that!

Yeah, democracy in action that has committed a huge error. Now it's all about damage control. Sincerely, best of luck with that.

well sometimes democracy doesn't do what YOU want it too but it's the people's choice as it should be EVERYWHERE

The end of the attachment block for refugees in Calais.

France could decide that it is not within its jurisdiction to help UK migration policy That is what announced by Emmanuel Macron, finance minister.

In the end, Britain complaining to surrender its sovereignty could lose a little more tomorrow.

post-234089-0-58937400-1466757711_thumb.

yes I get that dude... but you get the point? anyway, rough ride ahead but no one really knows 10 or 20 years down the road and history will judge but it's DEMOCRACY in action and we can be proud of that!

This is decision for the long-term. It will shake up, reshape or most likely initiate the destruction of the EU which is a bureaucratic nightmare (I used to work in Brussels fyi). 2nd, we are excitingly, living through a 2nd "industrial revolution", being the technological revolution. This requires imagination and the ability to be nimble because a lot of jobs are going to dissappear / change. Europe won't adapt. Britain can.

The end of the attachment block for refugees in Calais.
France could decide that it is not within its jurisdiction to help UK migration policy That is what announced by Emmanuel Macron, finance minister.
In the end, Britain complaining to surrender its sovereignty could lose a little more tomorrow.

We will just threaten to degrade French culture by unleashing a wave of British middle class retirees to take all their jobs pretty rural stone farmhouses.

.... oh hang on ..laugh.png

Any country that is overrun with militant islamic ghettos will probably be looking at this and going…hmmm…that's one way to stop these people from going pretty much where they want and preaching their terror.

I am expecting rumblings to start in france fairly soon.

"Militant Islamic Ghettos"

BS. Name one you fearmongering <deleted>.

Everyone expected some sort of immediate reaction, before it stabilizes itself again.

No real news.

Pound dropping sharply = export increase sharply.

Pound stabilizes = export/import stabilizes.

Countries never fully EU members never were inn danger of collapsing.

Quite a few member states on the brink.

Yanks are mostly Brits who did much the same thing in 1776, they had to fight a war as well though. We had representation in the EU- but too much taxation

hmmm...

In the 2000 census, self-identified German Americans made up 17.1% of the U.S. population, followed by Irish Americans at 12%, as reported in the 2000 U.S. Census.

This makes German and Irish the largest and second-largest self-reported ancestry groups in the United States. Both groups had high rates of immigration to the US beginning in the mid-19th century, triggered by the Great Potato Famine in Ireland and the failed 1848 Revolution in Germany.

What comes next is a mountain of laws to review/revive, dozens of trade agreements to be negotiated, at least 2 years in limbo (part of the EU but no say on its policies)

But turmoil in the markets is always a good opportunity to make some £££s so I'm sure the Bankers/Traders PNW will increase because of it, meanwhile the people who voted for it will find theirs goes down (for the 'foreseeable future.

As one poster has said, if you're happy to give up 30% of your PNW it's a good day, if you're a struggling retiree it may not be so good

Edited by JB300

What comes next is a mountain of laws to review/revive, dozens of trade agreements to be negotiated, at least 2 years in limbo (part of the EU but no say on its policies)

So now the lawyers and the lobbyists point their noses towards the trough and start salivating...

But turmoil in the markets is always a good opportunity to make some £££s so I'm sure the Bankers/Traders PNW will increase because of it, meanwhile the people who voted for it will find theirs goes down (for the 'foreseeable future.

As one poster has said, if you're happy to give up 30% of your PNW it's a good day, if you're a struggling retiree it may not be so good

Thankfully, there are still people who don't value their freedom in dollars and cents...or pounds and pence.

The EU has been failing for sometime. I expect that France and Germany (the two other main contributors) will seriously be looking at their future within the EU. If either of them decide to leave then it is game over. Countries like Poland and Hungary, Greece and Romania will be gutted if the EU collapses as they take out far more than they put in. In fact if the EU does collapse then the repercussions for the poorer countries will be catastrophic The whole region will suffer.

The EU have brought this on themselves by their arrogance and bad management. It has already been said that as a trading organisation the EU was extremely good and that is what it should become again.

Thankfully, there are still people who don't value their freedom in dollars and cents...or pounds and pence.
If that's the message you took from my post then obviously it didn't come across as intended.

It was meant to be a comment on the issues that the UK now faces & the fact that the majority of the pain will be felt by the people who voted to Leave (tended to be the less affluent areas) rather than the ones who wanted to Remain.

Edited by JB300

Little Britain will become littler.

Do you mean "hittler" ?

Yes indeed, the little Hitler already declared that all his promises to get the money back was only a joke (more or less), but the people whom voted to remain already knew that, hopefully the leavers will be happy now that they'll still have to loose the same money, and very likely much more of it in the days to come, while at the same time managing to take some deeply embarrassment back, look by yourself what its coming next, actually some of it is already here

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-result-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html

Little Britain will become littler.

Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway all these countries are very prosperous and they 'r not part of the EU.

All these 3 countries plus one municipality does not have enough population to even fill a quarter of the UK. And their GDP content is very different too.

Donald Trump'et whilst making a speech about the UK Brexit vote result from a golf course in Scotland made a reference to being in Florida. How stupid is this man when he isn't aware of what country or continent he's currently in.