Lousy Ford service at ----- branch - better elsewhere?

I like to share a couple incidents at the Ford DELETED branch, leading to our concluding that next time we will go to Chonburi or Rayong branch instead.

Soon one year ago we moved from Chiang Mai to Bang Saray, and our Fiesta and Focus cars, both having served us well without too many problems and receiving acceptable service at the local Ford centre. Both cars have now been a couple of times at the Pattaya branch for service/repair. I like to describe some incidents that make us change service location, in hope of finding better service.

1. The Focus, while close to the expiry of the general 2 year warranty, started having occasional fall out of the wheel sensor used for ABS, City stop and Hill assist functions. It went on//off with around 25% off time when I took it to the service centre and requested repair under warranty. The electrician located which of the 4 sensors was fault sensor, but Ford said that currently it worked well - which as correct, as it was 3 days ago it failed last time. As related to safety I insisted it to be changed and I thought we made an agreement that they would order the part and call me it when arrived to the centre as they could not on the spot tell when it would arrive so could not book a new time slot. I waited 2 weeks in vain for them to call and finally I went there (very difficult to discuss on phone) where they told me that they could not order a new part under warranty since the sensor was working.

So there I was - they did not have the guts to tell me their stand point face-to-face the first time and I would have had to sue them to get acceptance for the claim. Since then, now warranty expired, the fault pattern has "stabilized" so after cold starting the car the sensor failure consistently begins 6-7 km later and lasts until the car gets cold gain. But will not be replaced byDELETED branch...

2. After having lent out the Fiesta for a while it could not start. It was towed from the friends location to Ford and they trouble-shooted and told the alternator was dead. So we got that changed. After getting it back the car could only stand still for 5-6 days until battery was so flat that the starter-motor could not start the engine. So we phoned around and got from Ford an "all included" price being 200 bht more expensive than the cheapest battery shop. Deciding that only 200 bht extra for an "official" spare part was acceptable we went there again. Yes, they confirmed that battery had to be changed, however no comment when we asked why the heck the battery status was not discovered 3 weeks earlier when the alternator was replaced. And when picking up the car it turned out this 'all include" price was excluding the 7% VAT, so eventually the battery was 400 bht more expensive (plus they needed the car 1/2 day while a battery normally can be replaced on the spot). Now I sit back with the question: Was the alternator really dead, or was is just the battery the whole time...

3. After same lend out (not all family takes good care) the radio/CD did not work. Although light in the info screen only the welcome menu was shown when "on" the entertainment system - and a "CD not available" message popped up when pushing the CD reject button (although a CD was stuck inside player). We asked Ford also to look at that, and they told us that they would have to change the whole entertainment system. Price 7.5 kBht plus man hours.

As I was pretty sure not much was wrong we declined this offer, but had to pay 1/2 hr service time. I asked what exactly had they inspected and they claimed they had opened the covers to get acces to the unit.

To better understand the problem I myself took off the covers, and yes no doubt they had opened them. One of those plastic click-hinges was bended so was not in correct place, and a corner of the inner part main cover broken off so that particular "click" did not work so cover was not in fully correct location (tilted a bit). CD could turn well inside player and looked to be an electric, not mechanical problem.

We thus took it to a local auto radio shop where the "electrician" (clearly self-educated) discovered that no power was supplied to the player. He suspected the fuse, and while I was reluctant baring in mind the Ford information, it turned out the fuse was burnt over. By replacing that with another 30 bht fuse the system worked well.

Now, was the Ford service just poor - or did they actually speculate in scoring a good profit if we had accepted the whole replacement and they just had to replace a fuse?

Besides from that Ford's original design of the fuse sections sucks, as why did the screen show some entertainment related messages while some other parts were disabled by the fuse...

Maybe I have not fully got used to "TIT" yet, but I think the above incidents are not OK. So we like to avoid using Ford DELETED in the future - just cannot understand the service centre is full everyday. Hence, we like to hear other's experiences and especially if Rayon or Chonburi branch can be recommended its a bit far to Chiang Mai). All comments welcome - thanks !

Edited by seedy
libel / defamation

Flord have several dealerships around the country with 2nd rate service.......aaaw, who am I trying to kid! Most of them have second rate service with some being 3rd rate....and it's not just Flord either, some of the other brands are pretty average with service!

Topic Title and first post Edited. Forum Rule -

) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

PM the OP for location details

Join the club. I too am pissed off with DELETED ford. I have an ecosport and the wife scratched the rear bumper. Nothing major but I like to keep everything as new . I priced the bumper and ordered it ,the girl said she would ring on dilivery and fix a repair date. After a week I got in touch with ford help centre as the 24 hour dilivery date or free was long gone. She said would check and ring back .she rang next day with a repair date sat 25th June 2.30. This was 10 days after I ordered the parts.I could have done the job myself quicker he kept disappearing and finally finished about 6 o'clock .final cost 5.300 bht . Now the reversing sencors don't work .I will be checking out ChonBuri and others for any repairs and services in the hope of finding a place I can trust to do a good job . Plus don't believe the 24 hour or free jargon as it is just a dream of PR man.

Edited by seedy
libel / defamation

While Ford Dealer typically sucks. Bigger dealer like Sime Darby can be pretty reliable.

If all else fail, an email to Ford Thailand or a Phone call will normally sort everything up..

I am going through an issue with my dealer now.. emailed ford, they called back and promise to make things right. Within 20 mins, my lousy sales person called me back to apologise and said the manager will now handle the issue.

The details for another thread I guess.

We have had numerous threads on here regarding Ford and there non existent customer service and dealers lying .

I for one am a Ford owner , the vehicle is excellent , but after this one has run its course I will return to Toyota for the reasons mentioned above.

As one door closes ---another opens.........

I don't care I said, I am not buying the F*k**ng car until you fix it....................coffee1.gif

No ... the saying is .. as one door shuts another closes ...

While Ford Dealer typically sucks. Bigger dealer like Sime Darby can be pretty reliable.

If all else fail, an email to Ford Thailand or a Phone call will normally sort everything up..

I am going through an issue with my dealer now.. emailed ford, they called back and promise to make things right. Within 20 mins, my lousy sales person called me back to apologise and said the manager will now handle the issue.

I concur with you on Sime Darby. They are a huge MNC and actually manufacture Ford's in Malaysia. They also have a pretty impressive array of other brands under their wing in Asia.

post-241826-0-98197100-1467000841_thumb.

I concur with you on Sime Darby. They are a huge MNC and actually manufacture Ford's in Malaysia. They also have a pretty impressive array of other brands under their wing in Asia.

Thanks, but I have better things to do with my time......coffee1.gif

Bit confused, are you saying this because Sime Darby is in Bangkok and you're based somewhere else? For people in Bangkok this information would be useful, don't you think?

Bit confused, are you saying this because Sime Darby is in Bangkok and you're based somewhere else? For people in Bangkok this information would be useful, don't you think?

Yes, that's useful info. What I meant was I have better things to do than hassle with the initial incompetence and subsequent chase.

I've found the Rayong dealer to have been fine with my wife's Focus for the last 4 years. My Everest was delivered on time & handover was great. 10,000 more km until my 1st service as I've only covered 5000 km.

I am a Ford preferred customer; their VP Sales Thailand personally called to tell me as much and I get free services for as long as I have a Ford product. Although I bought both my Fords in Udon, the current one has had servicing done at 'sin city' Ford and both services have been exemplary. They punch my VIN into the computer and it is automatically whisked to the front of the queue while I enjoy coffee, air conditioning and free wifi. After about 45 minutes, it's ready (also washed and vacuumed), I sign the paperwork and leave. I also had a warranty repair done on a leaking boot seal on a front drive shaft. It took 3 weeks to get the part but once again, once I arrived and checked in at the appointed time, it was straight into the shop. They said it would be 4 hours and would call me. Three hours later, it was ready, new shaft and seal (also washed and vacuumed). I have also bought some after market parts there for installation by myself and never had to wait more than 10 days for the parts to arrive.

I've got to where I bypass Ford service when ever possible. I've been dealing with them for abut 6 years. NEVER again. Toyota or Isuzu for me next time around.

I am a Ford preferred customer; their VP Sales Thailand personally called to tell me as much and I get free services for as long as I have a Ford product. Although I bought both my Fords in Udon, the current one has had servicing done at 'sin city' Ford and both services have been exemplary. They punch my VIN into the computer and it is automatically whisked to the front of the queue while I enjoy coffee, air conditioning and free wifi. After about 45 minutes, it's ready (also washed and vacuumed), I sign the paperwork and leave. I also had a warranty repair done on a leaking boot seal on a front drive shaft. It took 3 weeks to get the part but once again, once I arrived and checked in at the appointed time, it was straight into the shop. They said it would be 4 hours and would call me. Three hours later, it was ready, new shaft and seal (also washed and vacuumed). I have also bought some after market parts there for installation by myself and never had to wait more than 10 days for the parts to arrive.

How do the rest of us peons become exalted preferred customers ?

I use Ford Udon also and have had the same experience, truck is ready when they say it will be or quicker and washed.

Unfortunately it usually comes from the dealer principle.....If he/she came up by/through the sales side service is just an after thought....They only really care about the sales side & rolling up the numbers.....

They don't know any better....Service is just a check the list requirement....Enough boxes checked = must be ok - I've complied.....They don't know enough to value the good over the bad & usually only look at the service side from the bottom line - and usually supply poor service....

If they came by their money in a service way - or are savvy enough to realize that sales sells the first car & service sells the 2nd/3rd/4th cars - - - these are the dealerships. that seem to hire, train, retain people better & are more successful with superior service departments....

In the states if you had a good running Ford all was OK....But, if you had a problem vehicle it really was a problem......Ford's technical side has real problems solving problems & quite often lay it off on the dealers.....

I think the vehicles are more basic here which should help....

What doesn't help is the lack of qualified service end management & technicians here.....In the states the tech's gravitate away from problem - headache car lines waiting - some for years - to get a shot at working for a solid import manufacturer, where they would stay & make a career of it.....

In the vortex some dealers were always looking for more techs to replace the lost ones & service - such as it is suffers.....That's surely happening here too.....

Edited by pgrahmm

How do the rest of us peons become exalted preferred customers ?

All I did was buy a new Ranger at Ford Udon Thani and then trade it in for a newer one 3 years later. Just lucky I guess.

This is the vin plate on my Fiesta. All of the info is missing and FordEtis is showing the wrong info for my vehicle. Still waiting for Ford Thailand to get back to me.

Apart from obviously not being Black Mica color and LHD, what else is wrong? The lower label suggests it was assembled in Germany, for the "PH" territory (Philippines). Was this a new purchase or used?

Primary Features Build Date: 12.07.2010 Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2010- B299A Body Style: 5 Door Saloon Version: Series 20 Engine: 1.4L Zetec-S VCT HPDC 95PS - Sigma Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5 Drive: LHD FWD Emission: Stage IV Emissions Territory: (+)"PH" Paint: Black Mica

Minor Features

• Rayong Assembly Plant - Thailand
  • Brand Owner - Ford
  • Less Passenger Air Bag

Is it running OK?

Edited by NanLaew

This is the vin plate on my Fiesta. All of the info is missing and FordEtis is showing the wrong info for my vehicle. Still waiting for Ford Thailand to get back to me.

Apart from obviously not being Black Mica color and LHD, what else is wrong? The lower label suggests it was assembled in Germany, for the "PH" territory (Philippines). Was this a new purchase or used?

Primary Features Build Date: 12.07.2010 Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2010- B299A Body Style: 5 Door Saloon Version: Series 20 Engine: 1.4L Zetec-S VCT HPDC 95PS - Sigma Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5 Drive: LHD FWD Emission: Stage IV Emissions Territory: (+)"PH" Paint: Black Mica

Minor Features

• Rayong Assembly Plant - Thailand
  • Brand Owner - Ford
  • Less Passenger Air Bag

Is it running OK?

It was a used purchase and it runs fine and looks like new. It is also not a 1.4, 5 door model. The first 3 letters- MNB are the Thailand AutoAlliance Thailand plant.

Edited by stubuzz