user name and password

thequietman

I couldn't access the site this morning without filling in a verification of user name and password, even just to browse.

I filled in the details which then allowed me to browse but I still wasn't logged in !

I am a little concerned that mey account has been hacked and malicious posts will be made.

Has this happened to anyone else???

It just happened to me. I didn't 'sign in'. After a few minutes everything was back to normal. The sites been slow all morning. Never seen that sign in page before though.

I received the same pop-up when trying to reach ThaiVisa at around 10:15am several times with Chrome and/or IE....I mean even before being allowed to go to the ThaiVisa.com home page. I never did entered the requested info...then around 10:18am the problem went away. A person could type www.thaivisa.com and go directly to the page without a pop-up appearing before your browser would even attempt to go to the page.

Edited by Pib

That sign on popup was not the forum application user login. Don't enter your username and password into unfamiliar login screens on any website

Oh, great.... too late. Fortunately those log in details are just for this site

So if I have to make a new username then I hope it won't be used to ban me?

I would be interested in Thaivisa explaining what happened, could have been just a database security issue (but I doubt it), maybe the DBA can shed some light on this

It was rather sinister and possibly invasive, such a prompt could disclose a lot of information if you responded to it like ip address location etc etc

Only an ISP - a single gateway - or an ISP giving unrestricted access to a 3rd party can intercept traffic like that, if that is indeed what happened - an intercept, I think TVF should take the time to explain it if they were responsible

Hi,

It was an issue caused by us installing more monitoring software on the server to try and attempt to see what is causing the site issues. Not data has been compromised the password you were asked for was not recorded, it was due to an authentication configuration.

TD