Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’

webfact

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farage is a disgrace, an idiot and an embarrassment.

Is that right?

Standing up to the bureaucrats in Brussels as he has done for the last 17 years have convinced me that his gonads are bigger than yours and mine combined. He is fearless, willing and able to attack anyone, up to and including the President of the Commission. He is eloquent, puts his message across in unequivocal terms. He is consistent with his messages and is unafraid to say what he thinks.

Ultimately, he is SOMEBODY. And you?

Farage is an embarrassment. But in many ways he reflects English society these days. Impolite, discourteous, rude....

I was frankly ashamed to be British!

Has anyone heard any plan from the Brexit side? No? That's because they don't have one.

I hope there will be some way out of this mess.

As for Farage, he should be taken aside and whipped for his rank ill manners

All the ad homemin Farage attacks aside, he's done more in 17 years then most have done in their entire lives.

Can you list his achievements over this period? ...I mean apart from being an integral part of the "undemocratic Brussels machine".

He didn't even win his own seat in the last General election...which is highly embarrassing since he is the party leader for UKIP.

If fact, the entire UKIP party only won 1 seat from a possible 650 ....total failure!

He promised to resign if he didn't win his seat then backtracked...much like he backtracked on the £350m to the NHS.

The point's convienently missed- there's only one achievement that matters. Only one.

History will also observe one accomplishment. In fact, any others while an MEP would be a distraction, not elaborating. Had he failed BREXIT then a stern rebuke over accomplishing zero seems fair.

But he only had one goal. All the noise offered above presumes your worldview. He and I don't share it. If the only thing he's accomplished in 17 years will be remembered with Concord, the Berlin Wall, and other high and low points of this age, I'd say I'm correct.

All the ad homemin Farage attacks aside, he's done more in 17 years then most have done in their entire lives.

Can you list his achievements over this period? ...I mean apart from being an integral part of the "undemocratic Brussels machine".

He didn't even win his own seat in the last General election...which is highly embarrassing since he is the party leader for UKIP.

If fact, the entire UKIP party only won 1 seat from a possible 650 ....total failure!

He promised to resign if he didn't win his seat then backtracked...much like he backtracked on the £350m to the NHS.

Anyone who is even vaguely familiar with the vagaries of the British voting system knows what happened in 2015:

UKIP 3.9 million votes, 1 MP

SNP 1.4 million votes, 56 MPs

Thus UKIP are disadvantaged, by the UK voting system, by about 140:1 compared with the SNP.

I daresay that travesty may have helped Farage and the Leave movement, because British people remain acutely alive to the notion of "fair play".

ROFL!!!

You don't have the faintest clue how the UK voting system works...

It's not votes that matter...it's seats.

Here is what really happened:

UKIP 1

SNP 56

And the SNP only campaigned in Scotland not the whole of the UK like UKIP did ...which makes that result even more embarrassing for UKIP.

And, while we're on the subject of democracy, the UK public voted in 2011(United Kingdom Alternative Vote referendum) to change the UK voting system ...but they choose not to. 5555555

All of sudden "democracy" becomes a "travesty" when it doesn't go your way?

Edited by HappyDazed

Anyone who is even vaguely familiar with the vagaries of the British voting system knows what happened in 2015:

UKIP 3.9 million votes, 1 MP

SNP 1.4 million votes, 56 MPs

Thus UKIP are disadvantaged, by the UK voting system, by about 140:1 compared with the SNP.

I daresay that travesty may have helped Farage and the Leave movement, because British people remain acutely alive to the notion of "fair play".

ROFL!!!

You don't have the faintest clue how the UK voting system works...

It's not votes that matter...it's seats.

Here is what really happened:

UKIP 1

SNP 56

And the SNP only campaigned in Scotland not the whole of the UK like UKIP did ...which makes that result even more embarrassing for UKIP.

And, while we're on the subject of democracy, the UK public voted in 2011(United Kingdom Alternative Vote referendum) to change the UK voting system ...but they choose not to. 5555555

All of sudden "democracy" becomes a "travesty" when it doesn't go your way?

It is a representative democracy, where you elect someone who will represent people in your area.... Obviously in all but one little area UKIP members apparently don't represent much.... now maybe if they all moved into UKIP gated communities they would be able to have more members... though it would likely have the side effect of having them try to separate their communities from England itself :o

It is a representative democracy, where you elect someone who will represent people in your area.... Obviously in all but one little area UKIP members apparently don't represent much.... now maybe if they all moved into UKIP gated communities they would be able to have more members... though it would likely have the side effect of having them try to separate their communities from England itself ohmy.png

Somebody knows what's up...

Has anyone heard any plan from the Brexit side? No? That's because they don't have one.

Cameron was the one who called the referendum, he was the one who said he would give the people of Britain a say and abide by their decision, and he was the one in power when the result of the referendum came in, so it was his job to have plans in place for what to do were the vote to go this way. Instead he panicked and threw in the towel. He is the one who has created the mess.

Cameron was the one who called the referendum, he was the one who said he would give the people of Britain a say and abide by their decision, and he was the one in power when the result of the referendum came in, so it was his job to have plans in place for what to do were the vote to go this way. Instead he panicked and threw in the towel. He is the one who has created the mess.

In part that is silly. Why would you expect plans of what the relationship will be to be Cameron's responsibility? Sure he could have invoked article 50 as he said, but the people that actually want a change in relationship are the ones that should have the alternative planned out. You don't hire someone to do a job for you when he does not believe in it and has no interest in it - because - without that commitment it would fail 100% of the time. it is funny but the people in the leave campaign did not have any idea of what they were they were going after leaving.... and in fact the only leaving they have done so far is to leave and disappear from site and are avoiding saying anything constructive.

The leave campaign should have had basically a team in place that would have been able to lay out the plans and push the PM to put them in charge of negotiations - since it was their "plan" (cough cough) that won the popular vote.

It is not rocket science - in fact it is pretty universal in democratic countries during regular elections to have a "transition team" in place to manage the transition (they are not necessarily the people in charge after transition).

Edited by bkkcanuck8

The point's convienently missed- there's only one achievement that matters. Only one.

History will also observe one accomplishment. In fact, any others while an MEP would be a distraction, not elaborating. Had he failed BREXIT then a stern rebuke over accomplishing zero seems fair.

But he only had one goal. All the noise offered above presumes your worldview. He and I don't share it. If the only thing he's accomplished in 17 years will be remembered with Concord, the Berlin Wall, and other high and low points of this age, I'd say I'm correct.

Way too early to assume BRETIX is a positive for the future of the UK. Farage could well be remembered in history as a contributor to the destruction of the UK economy and stability. However, whatever one's opinion of BRETIX, Farage's gloating is repulsive.

Edited by simple1

Way too early to assume BRETIX is a positive for the future of the UK. Farage could well be remembered in history as a contributor to the destruction of the UK economy and stability. However, whatever one's opinion of BRETIX, Farage's gloating is repulsive.

Let me rephrase that for you.

Anyone who is up to date on UK Politics knows that UK Politics in general is repulsive.

In part that is silly. Why would you expect plans of what the relationship will be to be Cameron's responsibility? Sure he could have invoked article 50 as he said, but the people that actually want a change in relationship are the ones that should have the alternative planned out. You don't hire someone to do a job for you when he does not believe in it and has no interest in it - because - without that commitment it would fail 100% of the time. it is funny but the people in the leave campaign did not have any idea of what they were they were going after leaving.... and in fact the only leaving they have done so far is to leave and disappear from site and are avoiding saying anything constructive.

The leave campaign should have had basically a team in place that would have been able to lay out the plans and push the PM to put them in charge of negotiations - since it was their "plan" (cough cough) that won the popular vote.

It is not rocket science - in fact it is pretty universal in democratic countries during regular elections to have a "transition team" in place to manage the transition (they are not necessarily the people in charge after transition).

Only the people in power can do the things you are talking about. The referendum was their idea and they should have planned for either eventuality. That is what they promised to do, is it not?

Also, you can't assume that just because people voted to leave they were also voting to have Farage or Johnson leading the country. So to suggest that the morning after the referendum, the leave campaign should have swooped in on Downing Street and said to Cameron, "ok, we'll take things from here with our team" is daft, because nobody has voted for them to do that. People have simply voted to leave the EU, and Cameron as the elected and sitting Prime Minister of Britain should have been ready to handle that.

Only the people in power can do the things you are talking about. The referendum was their idea and they should have planned for either eventuality. That is what they promised to do, is it not?

Also, you can't assume that just because people voted to leave they were also voting to have Farage or Johnson leading the country. So to suggest that the morning after the referendum, the leave campaign should have swooped in on Downing Street and said to Cameron, "ok, we'll take things from here with our team" is daft, because nobody has voted for them to do that. People have simply voted to leave the EU, and Cameron as the elected and sitting Prime Minister of Britain should have been ready to handle that.

Absolutely.

Anything else is nothing more than a attempt at deflection from a catastrophic failure of the sitting PM who allowed the referendum.

Absolutely.

Anything else is nothing more than a attempt at deflection from a catastrophic failure of the sitting PM who allowed the referendum.

So far David Cameron has executed the plan from the leave campaign flawlessly.

Cameron: [the day after the referendum calls up Boris] Although I did not want it the voters have voted to support your plan. So far the plan as I (Cameron) understand it is to "leave'.

Boris: Yes

Cameron: OK, what is the rest of the plan

Boris: Do you need anything more - the plan is to leave

Cameron: OK, I will hang up and sent a note off to the EU, that we are executing article 50, and that we want to leave;

Boris: Well actually, not so hasty -- we are in no rush

Cameron: OK, should I start it at least and send article 50

Boris: No, No, not so hasty. We need to negotiate with the EU about some stuff.

Cameron: What is there to negotiate about the entire plan is now we want to leave, but we don't want to start now - so when'?

Boris: Don't know, just not hasty

Cameron: So I should not send article 50. I can at least say we are leaving.]

Boris: Actually we want to leave, but we want to stay?

Cameron: How can we do both?

Boris: I will get back to you on that one.... all I know is that we will negotiate...

Cameron: Negotiate what exactly?

Boris: We have not planned that far ahead, my plan says leave that is it.

Cameron: But you said leave, but not hastily, and we don't actually want to leave... and you want to continue our relationship with Europe, but not continue our relationship with Europe.... Are you F**king kidding?

Boris: No

Cameron: <deleted> this sh*t!, I have no clue as to what i am suppose to do for you guys! I quit!

Boris: Why did you quit? You bastard! You said you would follow through even if you lost.... Why are you not following our plan!

Cameron: As far as I can figure out I am... Click!

It is a representative democracy, where you elect someone who will represent people in your area.... Obviously in all but one little area UKIP members apparently don't represent much.... now maybe if they all moved into UKIP gated communities they would be able to have more members... though it would likely have the side effect of having them try to separate their communities from England itself ohmy.png

If they all move to Scotland they can have 57 seats, and the SNP 0

And they would move to Scotland because they love the Scots (who are foreigners) :P

And they would move to Scotland because they love the Scots (who are foreigners) tongue.png

Apparently the Scots will all be moving to the EU.

Cameron: [the day after the referendum calls up Boris] Although I did not want it the voters have voted to support your plan. So far the plan as I (Cameron) understand it is to "leave'.

Cameron: OK, I will hang up and sent a note off to the EU, that we are executing article 50, and that we want to leave;

Cameron: What is there to negotiate about the entire plan is now we want to leave, but we don't want to start now - so when'?

Boris: I will get back to you on that one.... all I know is that we will negotiate...

Cameron: But you said leave, but not hastily, and we don't actually want to leave... and you want to continue our relationship with Europe, but not continue our relationship with Europe.... Are you F**king kidding?

Cameron: <deleted> this sh*t!, I have no clue as to what i am suppose to do for you guys! I quit!

Boris: Why did you quit? You bastard! You said you would follow through even if you lost.... Why are you not following our plan!

As stated, Cameron is the elected and sitting Prime Minister of Britain, and the one who called the referendum and promised to carry out whatever the public decided on. Sure he can consult with members of the leave campaign like Boris, but ultimately he is still the one in power, the one in charge, the decision maker, so it was up to him to have a plan in place to follow the wishes of the British people as determined by the vote, and nobody else.

Farage is a disgrace, an idiot and an embarrassment.

Is that right?

Standing up to the bureaucrats in Brussels as he has done for the last 17 years have convinced me that his gonads are bigger than yours and mine combined. He is fearless, willing and able to attack anyone, up to and including the President of the Commission. He is eloquent, puts his message across in unequivocal terms. He is consistent with his messages and is unafraid to say what he thinks.

Ultimately, he is SOMEBODY. And you?

"...his gonads are bigger than yours and mine combined."

On 26 December 1986, Farage first felt symptoms of what was later discovered to be testicular cancer. He had the left testicle removed, and the cancer had not spread to any other organs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Farage#Personal_life

Seems like he's been a politician for at least 17 years, drawing a salary and other budgets from public funds. Kinda like the people he speaks against.

Farage is an embarrassment. But in many ways he reflects English society these days. Impolite, discourteous, rude....

I was frankly ashamed to be British!

Still with the arrogance and insults I see.

If you are ashamed to be British then go to Germany or Denmark and get an EU passport and turn your British passport in.

It obviously isn't doing you much good.

And not a thought as to what comes after that goal. Inspiring. Not confidence, but still.

Viewing Farage's goal as a positive achievement presumes your own worldview.

Declaring Farage's assured placed in history hints at an access to a crystal ball.

As stated, Cameron is the elected and sitting Prime Minister of Britain, and the one who called the referendum and promised to carry out whatever the public decided on. Sure he can consult with members of the leave campaign like Boris, but ultimately he is still the one in power, the one in charge, the decision maker, so it was up to him to have a plan in place to follow the wishes of the British people as determined by the vote, and nobody else.

It is called Plan A if the majority of people wish to remain, and Plan B if the majority of people wish to exit.

The Plan B side won but the currently elected government did not expect that result and never made a Plan B.

It is called Plan A if the majority of people wish to remain, and Plan B if the majority of people wish to exit.

The Plan B side won but the currently elected government did not expect that result and never made a Plan B.

Quite so. And now, all those who voted to remain and are being sore losers about it, are channeling their anger at the leave group for not having stepped in the day after the referendum to run the country with an exit plan, forgetting the fact that for one, Cameron is still the Prime Minister of the country, nobody else, and only he has the authority to make the necessary decisions - decisions that he promised to make on behalf of the British people... and for two, the referendum question was "do you want to remain in or leave the EU?". There was no mention of having to have Boris running the country in the event of voting to leave the EU.

Who runs the country is a separate issue and one that needs to go through a democratic process, all of which takes time.

Quite so. And now, all those who voted to remain and are being sore losers about it, are channeling their anger at the leave group for not having stepped in the day after the referendum to run the country with an exit plan, forgetting the fact that for one, Cameron is still the Prime Minister of the country, nobody else, and only he has the authority to make the necessary decisions - decisions that he promised to make on behalf of the British people... and for two, the referendum question was "do you want to remain in or leave the EU?". There was no mention of having to have Boris running the country in the event of voting to leave the EU.

Who runs the country is a separate issue and one that needs to go through a democratic process, all of which takes time.

I can tell you that the day after a Quebec yes vote for separation that regardless of the fact that Canada's PM would still be in charge, they would have a detailed plan published before the markets open. But then maybe Quebecois are a might bit smarter than UK separatists. They would not be saying it was up to the PM to come up with a plan for Quebec. I consider anyone that sells a dream but has no idea of what they would do after the dream is passed - to be closer to a con-artist.

The only part Farage played in Brexit was the role of public celebrity as he is unelected in the UK.

He told lies about £350m a week going to the NHS then backtracked 10 minutes after the referendum result.

What exactly did he achieve again ..I'm confused?