'I like waterboarding a lot', says Donald Trump

webfact

US election: 'I like waterboarding a lot', says Donald Trump

WASHINGTON: -- Republican Donald Trump has repeated calls for the return of waterboarding against Islamic State militants, saying: "I like it a lot."

His comments at a rally in Ohio came hours after suicide bombers killed 41 people at an airport in Istanbul.

"You have to fight fire with fire," said the Republicans' likely nominee, after referring to IS beheadings.

Waterboarding, described by President Barack Obama as torture, was banned by the US in 2006.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36664752

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-06-30

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This outrageous statement is as far as you can go from being PC, dose he have method to his madness

that we're all oblivious to I wonder?......

Better to be politically incorrect than have body parts hanging from trees.

This outrageous statement is as far as you can go from being PC, dose he have method to his madness

So you think that being politically incorrect is somehow being strong or tough on terrorism? Do you know how asinine that sounds?

He could've at least said, 'umm, it's a last resort option' as opposed to 'I like it a lot' like he has some kind of fetish. rolleyes.gif

He's got a fetish alright, my bet it's he wears frilly ladies briefs.

He's all talk, most of which is trash.

Come on USA, shut this douchebag up, f f s.

So you think that being politically incorrect is somehow being strong or tough on terrorism? Do you know how asinine that sounds?

He talks the talk but he will never walk the walk.

He's got no plan, nor the ability to facilitate one. He just keeps spewing crap from his hole.

Yeah, Donald!

Doesn't matter, that even the experts say, it doesn't work!

What do they know?

You know more, bigly!

If you like it so much, why don't you do it for one or two days?

His method is to try and get as many votes as he can..

One thing (among many) that the stupid man doesn't get is: by touting advocating torture and killing families of terrorists (both or which are int'l illegal), he's increasing the possibility of westerners receiving more severe torture and families of western captives getting killed. If ISIS is asked why they're (or chastised for) torturing or killing families of captives, ISIS spokesmen can smile and say, "Your leader says America will do it. So we do it also. Tit for tat."

Thanks Donald, for fanning the flames of conflict and further endangering Americans.

i invite everyone who thinks waterboarding is an acceptable form of interrogation of suspects (!) to try a bit of drowning themselves.

come over and i help you, tuff guys.

Mate you wouldn't even get the first cup of water in Donald's face and he'd be sharing the worlds top secret information with Julian Assange.

As soon as his hairpiece got wet he'd be screaming like a little biatch.

He's a first class douchebag.

So you think being PC is somehow being strong or tough on terrorism? Do you know how asinine that sounds?

So you think being PC is somehow being strong or tough on terrorism? Do you know how asinine that sounds?

Understanding the problem and trying to find a solution is the thought process of a leader. You and your hero Trump can't even get past the first step. Just spouting nonsense and insults doesn't solve anything.

Trump only voices what so many in the world agree with, but are afraid to openly admit it, because the PC brigade will come after them.

Waterboarding was banned by the US in 2006, but didn't I recently read reports about the CIA performing waterboarding at secret prisons?. Last time I checked the CIA was a US government agency

Edited by Berty100

Just Trump doing a 'shout out' to the loony far Right Wing Republican nutters.

The more he talks this xxxx the more chance Democrats have of taking ALL the chocolates.

This Trump crapola is music to my ears.

Trump only voices what so many in the world agree with, but are afraid to openly admit it, because the PC brigade will come after them.

oh, you poor people, the PC brigade will come after you. arent you already shitting your pants over the muslims and the mexicans. is there any group of people different from you that you dont feel persecuted by?

Political correctness is a method of social control that is designed to prevent inconvenient issues being addressed. Those who submit to it are craven conformists. The politically incorrect are simply thinking for themselves and not afraid to speak out. It's a new groundswell, and Trump is deliberately tapping into that.

Yeah, we'll torture you, but only a little bit. It's effectiveness is not in question, everybody talks under torture (except maybe some Xnian martyrs), of course what they say may be a load of BS, anything to stop the pain. What is in question is its moral value. What is the point in my adopting my opponents moral stance, if that moral stance is what I oppose. I become the same as him.

Political correctness is a method of social control that is designed to prevent inconvenient issues being addressed. Those who submit to it are craven conformists. The politically incorrect are simply thinking for themselves and not afraid to speak out. It's a new groundswell, and Trump is deliberately tapping into that.

Political correctness is just a social construct used to protect pig ignorant people from themselves. Like if your an ignorant racist keep it to yourself. Educated intelligent and civilised people simply don't want to hear this type of bigoted nonsense. By all means get together and have a racist rant in private but when mixing with civilised people have a little respect for others. It is just common social decency.

What complete and utter nonsense. Being PC isn't just about not offending people (which is pretty decent human behavior), it's also about saving lives. But back to the topic, how is bringing back a form of torture that was banned during the Bush years correct in your mind? It's just stupid. Most experts agree, it doesn't work. Even McCain came out and blasted Trump on this. You Trump supporters don't have to agree with every single thing the man utters. Especially when it's clear he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Political correctness is just a social construct used to protect pig ignorant people from themselves. Like if your an ignorant racist keep it to yourself. Educated intelligent and civilised people simply don't want to hear this type of bigoted nonsense. By all means get together and have a racist rant in private but when mixing with civilised people have a little respect for others. It is just common social decency.

but when mixing with civilised people have a little respect for others. It is just common social decency.

That is as long as they agree with your opinion and what you have to say.

His method is to try and get as many votes as he can..

One thing (among many) that the stupid man doesn't get is: by touting advocating torture and killing families of terrorists (both or which are int'l illegal), he's increasing the possibility of westerners receiving more severe torture and families of western captives getting killed. If ISIS is asked why they're (or chastised for) torturing or killing families of captives, ISIS spokesmen can smile and say, "Your leader says America will do it. So we do it also. Tit for tat."

Thanks Donald, for fanning the flames of conflict and further endangering Americans.

fyi...ALL Americans, even aid workers, get killed if they are captured by terrorists, because the USA has a formal policy not to pay a ransom...other countries (e.g., S. Korea) will barter, and so hostages are kept alive...so if an American is stupid enough to go to Syria, Libya, or another country in control of muslim extremists, they are just screwed...