Questions re the new questionaire at Jomtien immigration.

giddyup

Why would anyone want to give false information. unless they had something to hide. Immigration has most of your facts on file anyway, i.e. Bank details, vehicle details, etc. The notes on the form states that giving false info is an offense.

So if they ask next, for all your Thai bank account numbers , is that ok with you ?

So if they ask next for all Bank account numbers for foreign transfers to Thai bank accounts, is that ok with you ?

The list can be very long for this BS.

Will it still be ok for you, with nothing to hide ?

Remember its an offense to lie on the forms !!!!!!!.

We also have fantastic roll modules for the truth in Thailand.

See where this is going !!!!!!

The only reason to keep gathering info like this is to use it as a lever against you down the road at

some point in time, They are not your friends or buddies. wai2.gif

"They are not your friends or buddies".

Oh but they are, we are their "guests", don't you know that?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am certainly old enough to have excusable memory lapses. i can't even remember my own mobile number... my bank account number??? come on!

and if it wasn't for my wife telling me what i did yesterday afternoon my life would be an accumulation of blanks. just like this form will be if i ever need to fill it in.

You don't have a bank book? come on!

i do! but would i take that to immi with me for my 90 day reporting. or do i have to? newish here, never reported, so far.

do you know your account number by heart?

i am certainly old enough to have excusable memory lapses. i can't even remember my own mobile number... my bank account number??? come on!

and if it wasn't for my wife telling me what i did yesterday afternoon my life would be an accumulation of blanks. just like this form will be if i ever need to fill it in.

i do! but would i take that to immi with me for my 90 day reporting. or do i have to? newish here, never reported, so far.

We are talking about filling out the new questionaire which asks for bank account numbers, you said you couldn't remember the number, I asked if you had a bank book which has the account number clearly marked on it. You get where I'm going?

I went in last Tuesday to do my 90-day report. They handed me the new 3 page form and directed me the foreigner who had examples of what needed to be filled out. I told the girl checking the forms that I didn't have time to get a photo and fill out the form, but could I do the 90-day and come back later with the form? - she said no.

I left and came back on Thursday with the completed form and a photo attached, The foreigner looked it over and got a chit for me - there were 15 people in the queue. After a 20 minute wait, I gave the form to the clerk, he looked at it and put it in a stack of other forms. A woman came up with the form but no photo - he picked mine up and pointed to the photo and sent her away to get a photo.

Given the newer reports here of no requirement to present the new form, it looks like someone finally realized the the whole endeavor was a waste of time so it was either scrapped or is being required on a sporadic basis. This isn't the first time that some new unnecessary gimmick had only a short life span at Jomtien Immigration.

Imagine if other countries around the world insisted on

the 30 day reporting plus all the paperwork,, feels like

house arrest,, i want no part of it.

90 day but you're right, it certainly does feel very Mickey Mouse. I take it like a frequent reminder of who's the boss.

It's a 90 day report and there's no paperwork. The immigration officer staples a barcode into your passport that he swipes at the end of the 90 days and staples in a new one. Hardly a chore, 4 times a year.

It's a 90 day report and there's no paperwork. The immigration officer staples a barcode into your passport that he swipes at the end of the 90 days and staples in a new one. Hardly a chore, 4 times a year.

I don't always do a 90 Day Report as I don't always stay for up to 90 Days some times therefore I have to complete the paperwork again when I stay more than 90 Days.

I don't always do a 90 Day Report as I don't always stay for up to 90 Days some times therefore I have to complete the paperwork again when I stay more than 90 Days.

That's something you'll just have to wear, it would be no different if you were going to Australia the US or many other countries. It's not peculiar to Thailand.

Thats funny up until this new form

I have left Thailand via airport ( have re entry permit ) left old 90 report bar codded part in back of passport

come back, via airport, new TM card, next 90 day report, they used old form in back of passport and updated new tm card number and dates, no forms to fill in. this may have changed, this was august last year. at Jomtien

We are talking about filling out the new questionaire which asks for bank account numbers, you said you couldn't remember the number, I asked if you had a bank book which has the account number clearly marked on it. You get where I'm going?

no, i don't.

the scenario appears to be: you are going to immi to do your 90 day, you are presented with the questionnaire, you don't know it is going to happen as no one told you before hand.

so what have you got on hand to provide information? do you need to take your bank book to do your 90? or your mobile? your laptop with your bookmarks?

no, i don't.

the scenario appears to be: you are going to immi to do your 90 day, you are presented with the questionnaire, you don't know it is going to happen as no one told you before hand.

so what have you got on hand to provide information? do you need to take your bank book to do your 90? or your mobile? your laptop with your bookmarks?

You know because that's what this thread is about. Whether you take your bank book or not is up to you, you could just write down the number of the account and keep it in your wallet just in case. If you didn't have the details with you take the form home, complete it and return it as others have done. Or alternatively, don't fill out the bank account details at all. Don't make life any more difficult than it already is OK?

Edited by giddyup

no, i don't.

You know because that's what this thread is about. Whether you take your bank book or not is up to you, you could just write down the number of the account and keep it in your wallet just in case. If you didn't have the details with you take the form home, complete it and return it as others have done. Don't make life any more difficult than it already is OK?

do i make your life more difficult? i think you do not understand what i am trying to say.

given that the general drift here on tv is that this form is highly intrusive, and i fully agree, my posts are just an explanation of the mindset i would present with when the time comes i will be confronted with one of these documents.

immi don't know i am reading tv...

instead of presenting a downloaded and pre - filled form containing lies it seems a better option to arrive 'unprepared' and ignorant.

never mind, ok? just my opinion.

no, i don't.

You know because that's what this thread is about. Whether you take your bank book or not is up to you, you could just write down the number of the account and keep it in your wallet just in case. If you didn't have the details with you take the form home, complete it and return it as others have done. Don't make life any more difficult than it already is OK?

do i make your life more difficult? i think you do not understand what i am trying to say.

given that the general drift here on tv is that this form is highly intrusive, and i fully agree, my posts are just an explanation of the mindset i would present with when the time comes i will be confronted with one of these documents.

instead of presenting a downloaded and pre - filled form containing lies it seems a better option to arrive 'unprepared' and ignorant.

I was talking about making your own life more difficult. With the info provided here, you know pretty much what may be expected of you in filling out the form, but you may get lucky and they will have dropped the whole idea when you present next for a 90 day report.

no, i don't.

I was talking about making your own life more difficult. With the info provided here, you know pretty much what may be expected of you in filling out the form, but you may get lucky and they will have dropped the whole idea when you present next for a 90 day report.

all sweet, i am not the brightest when dealing with government. and i do cultivate my dumbness. it's like a shield. learned that in germany.

anyway, i hope you are right, i do still have more than a year to go before my first 90.

be good

mft

They told me to fill out + return the form with my next 90 day report...No big deal as they have all this info already...The social media stuff is optional...I don't mind as any country should do this in light of all the criminal activity...

all sweet, i am not the brightest when dealing with government. and i do cultivate my dumbness. it's like a shield. learned that in germany.

anyway, i hope you are right, i do still have more than a year to go before my first 90.

be good

mft

So, I take it you're either not living here full-time, or on some of kind of short stay visa? Why the concern about the new questionaire if you don't have to worry about it for 12 months, it may not even be around by then?

Edited by giddyup

I dont get this at all.when i went to do my 90 day report in KK,i was given the form and had my photo's done.Whilst waiting,i filled in the form and gave it to the lady at the desk.She handed it back to me and said that the form was only for when renewing my retirement visa,not for a 90 day report.

Does anyone understand this 'cos i dont.

be good

mft

So, I take it you're either not living here full-time, or on some of kind of short stay visa? Why the concern about the new questionaire if you don't have to worry about it for 12 months, it may not even be around by then?

i might not even be around in 12 months time.

are you not concerned about things that might happen to you in the future?

i gained my non-imm-o-m based on marriage 3 weeks ago in laos.

will go to laos again end of august. will go australia again beginning of december. don't know what/where/when after but i paid a lot of money for this 1 year thing and i will not go to immi for extension until the last 15 days or so. that puts my first 90 into august 2017.

I am going to Jomtien immigration for 90 report next week , I will never fill out this form , I will never give them my FB address or any bank account details. This is my right to privacy even if I'm a guest in this country.

Nothing will change , if they try to enforce it I will open a fake FB page.

Edited by Rimmer

be good

mft

i might not even be around in 12 months time.

are you not concerned about things that might happen to you in the future?

i gained my non-imm-o-m based on marriage 3 weeks ago in laos.

will go to laos again end of august. will go australia again beginning of december. don't know what/where/when after but i paid a lot of money for this 1 year thing and i will not go to immi for extension until the last 15 days or so. that puts my first 90 into august 2017.

The only thing that concerns me about the future is that my health continues to be good. Worried about what to put down on a form that may not even exist in 12 months and whether or not I should bring my bank book with me, no.

I'm still curious as to what use the information was going to be and how it was going to be stored. As I pointed out, the information was only as good, ie truthful, as the person filling out the form, because other than things like address, phone number etc, there would be no way of verifying any of the other information.

Why would anyone want to give false information. unless they had something to hide. Immigration has most of your facts on file anyway, i.e. Bank details, vehicle details, etc. The notes on the form states that giving false info is an offense.

Ever heard of identity theft?

"They are not your friends or buddies".

Oh but they are, we are their "guests", don't you know that?

Yes i forgot, we are guests, cheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif

Think most know my opinion on that subject, ( possible new thread ) anyone want to start it thumbsup.gif

Most know my opinion also, I'm on about it all the time, and I'm never going to stop as long as there are a few misguided posters who actually think we are "guests" here.cheesy.gif

As a form designed to give foreigners apprehension so they feel harassed...priceless...the information is virtually useless...the affect on the foreigner lingers long after the form is completed...wai2.gif

Do not forget: Whose your Daddy, while you stay in Thailand...