Applying for baby's British passport / citizenship

On 1/25/2019 at 5:20 PM, CarlBkk said:

Marriage cert needs to be translated too?  This is getting expensive! 

Any document you submit that is not in English or Welsh needs to be submitted with a translation.

The translations do not need to be certified by the MFA.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2016 at 5:53 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

When our son was born, the hospital did everything for us in order to get his Thai birth certificate issued. All I had to do was go to the Town Hall to pick it up.

There is no need to register the birth in the UK or apply for British citizenship. You can just apply for a passport, as per the link provided by Ubonjoe.

It took about 3 weeks for my son's UK passport to be issued.

Bamrungrad issued me with the Thai birth cert.

Easy to get the UK passport and birth cert, just went to the embassy. I guess Trendy now. Didn't need any blue book.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Bamrungrad issued me with the Thai birth cert.

Just to clarify, Bumrungrad took the completed application form and the copies of the supporting dicuments you and/or your partner supplied and presented them at the District Office on your behalf.

They collected the birth certificate for you and gave it to you at the hospital. A very convenient service.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:20 PM, CarlBkk said:

Marriage cert needs to be translated too?  This is getting expensive! 

Should only cost you 300 baht. 500 max.

Btw, there is no certification body for translations in Thailand so many things you can do yourself, like I do, or get your wife to.

Just to clarify, Bumrungrad took the completed application form and the copies of the supporting dicuments you and/or your partner supplied and presented them at the District Office on your behalf.

They collected the birth certificate for you and gave it to you at the hospital. A very convenient service.
Good service. Memorial Hospital did the paperwork for me, but I had to collect it from Pattaya City Hall myself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Good service. Memorial Hospital did the paperwork for me, but I had to collect it from Pattaya City Hall myself.

Good service but at a very high cost. Bamrungrad are terrible when it comes to adding on extras. 

I'd never recommend having a kid there.

My next one was born in a government hospital and the experience was much better and the cost was zero.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I never wanted another man's name on my kids birth certificate.

I reported the birth myself, and my name went in the 'reporting' box.

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone, I hope I can awaken this thread again?

I am about to apply for a UK passport for my half Thai son as well,  My problem is this...

We are renting a condo so we do NOT have a house book Tabien Baan,

When my son was born I went to the Amphur with my partners brother and registered my son at his address so my sons birth certificate now has my partners brothers address on it. 

It will be very difficult for us to get our hands on that tabien baan so my question is can we apply for the passport without it??

Can I just put our rented address instead? 

Also on the 1st page of the application it asks who is this passport for so I have ticked "child" and my sons full name but it then asked address ???? do I put our rented address or the address on his birth certificate??  very confusing stuff ????

ps  I have trawled through the mass of information here but cannot find anyone with a similar situation to me as mentioned above about NOT having the blue house book.

The things I will be taking to Trendy will be 

1. My passport + every page colour photocopied

2. my partners passport and id colour photocopies

3. My sons birth certificate and translation and colour copies

4. My full birth certificate and colour copy

5. 2x passport photos, counter signed 

6. Rental agreement ( translated ) .....no tabian baan ;( 

7. all of my sons hospital / Dr records just in case that is handy? 

and obviously the application form. 

I think this is all I will need but am very worried about the proof of address situation, any help would be appreciated 

Cheers

Ritchie

• 10 months later...

hi all, i am trying to help my girlfriend's sister who has 2 kids from her English husband. he is in UK, no plans to come here, and is not been particularly helpful since they are heading towards divorce

i found this on line https://www.keyvisathailand.com/services/babies-first-uk-passport/

which looks simple enough except getting the fathers passport and birth certificate may be a problem.

any advice about how to proceed?

thanks

17 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

hi all, i am trying to help my girlfriend's sister who has 2 kids from her English husband. he is in UK, no plans to come here, and is not been particularly helpful since they are heading towards divorce

i found this on line https://www.keyvisathailand.com/services/babies-first-uk-passport/

which looks simple enough except getting the fathers passport and birth certificate may be a problem.

thanks

These visa/passport services are a rip off, there is nothing there they can do that you cant if you just follow the instructions. Complete waste of money.

In this case, without the father's documentation I would say its impossible.

1 hour ago, steve2112 said:

thanks

The link which you have quoted is an unofficial one relating to a service provided by an agent, as already said by sungod. To get the official HMPO lowdown (in connection with which I am assuming that the 2 kids in question were both born in Thailand) you need to click on the following link:-

https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/overseas/information/thailand/first/child/thailand

• 2 months later...

I have now managed to get all my ducks in a row but just seen posts mention about translating the blue book for my sons passport application?

Also i do not know any British /Irish professional here and 10 years ago i used my doctor for my passport would he be ok to use again (Thai)

just noticed i have not yet translated my wifes birth certificate so now my ducks are going crazy