Israel deploys troops into West Bank, bombs Gaza in response to Palestinian attacks

rooster59

Israel deploys troops into West Bank, bombs Gaza in response to Palestinian attacks

post-247607-0-49169200-1467472101_thumb.

Israel sent hundreds of troops to the West Bank early on Saturday (July 2) and sealed off the city of Hebron, in response to a spike in deadly attacks by Palestinians.

It’s the largest military operation in the occupied territory in two years.

Meanwhile the Israeli Air Force bombed targets in Gaza after a rocket fired from there hit a building in the southern city of Sderot. No casualties were reported. The Israeli strikes targeted bases for the Islamist group Hamas, which controls the Gaza strip.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also said Israel would reduce the amount of tax revenues it collects each month on behalf of the Palestinians, saying that some of the money was being given to families of attackers.

The crackdown follows a spike in Palestinian violence, with several deadly attacks in the past couple of days, including on a 13-year-old Israeli-American girl.

On Friday, a Palestinian gunman opened fire on an Israeli family’s car, killing the father and wounding his wife and two children.

Also on Friday, a Palestinian woman was shot dead after allegedly trying to stab an Israeli officer at a checkpoint in Hebron.

Violent clashes also erupted between Palestinians and Israeli forces at the Qalandia checkpoint linking the West Bank to Jerusalem.

The Quartet on the Middle East has called on Israel to stop settlement construction and Palestinians to stamp out terrorism.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-02

Counting the days until Ramadan is over ... coffee1.gif

So the excuse for the Palestinians going mad you imply is Ramadan. What is the excuse for the Israeli's? Where is the measured response (destroy the houses of the relatives of suspected criminals?), Bomb entire areas and close off an entire city. Cut revenue to people that already have nothing for any type of services (including any attempt at law and order). If there really is a GOD, then he has taken no sides and everyone that is guilty of stoking the fires of this hatred and violence on either side and justifying the slaughter of innocent women and children on all sides will likely themselves be used to stoke the eternal fires of damnation (absolution does not work, it was a man made thing to generate massive money for the churches from wealthy murderous nobles). This is when most people who claim to be religious actually really want to hedge their bets and hope and pray there is no such thing as a God (you should!).

I am atheist and have never ever sinned towards humanity on the scale of the religious and self righteous. Even on here on TV the "religious" ( coffee1.gif ) people who claim that any of this killing is justified are so deeply in the s**t if you believe in a God that you need to start worrying. My bets are properly hedged - I have never voiced anything that could be construed as wanting other people to suffer despite their religious rantings, and if their is a God the discussion will be at the pearly gates "but you didn't believe", "no i guess not but never laid eyes on you, you cant blame me - but never did no wrong and voiced no wrong and never wanted to hurt someone in the name of any 'God' " "fair call come on in, you can see me now" !

The madness and hatred has to stop. Most people are suckered into it through political, devious miscreancy, others through genuinely believing their religion is the one true religion. Based on the size of the universe it is like 10 ants from the total number of ants on the planet thinking they are the chosen 10. Stop it !!! ALL this killing on either side is WRONG! It cannot be justified EVER. The killings on both sides deserve total, utter continuous condemnation and any politician or official involved should be voted into oblivion by the electorate. ALL SIDES, and NO EXCEPTION.

Edited by Andaman Al

It appears to be a measured response to the recent wave of Palestinian terrorism. thumbsup.gif

Why the Ramadan escalation?

Analysis: Palestinians see consent in Abbas' silence

Abbas is silent and the Palestinian sector immediately interprets the silence as consent. An escalation in violence in the West Bank, a stabbing attack in Netanya and a shooting attack on route 60 is a nightmare scenario for the security establishment.

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Escalation-Mahmoud-Abbas-is-silent-and-the-Palestinians-see-consent-459291

Edited by Jingthing

ALL this killing on either side is WRONG! It cannot be justified EVER.

That applies to countries and cultures all over the planet, yet you seem obsessed with demonizing only Israel. To me, that is nothing but blatant hypocrisy.

Edited by Ulysses G.

That applies to countries and cultures all over the planet, yet you seem obsessed with demonizing only Israel. To me, that is nothing but blatant hypocrisy.

Again, it's about the Israel demonization agenda pushing a myth of equivalence that doesn't exist. Terrorism is not the same thing as DEFENDING against it.

ALL this killing on either side is WRONG! It cannot be justified EVER.

He said EITHER SIDE is wrong. blink.png Seeing only what you want to read? thumbsup.gif

It appears to be a measured response to the recent wave of Palestinian terrorism. thumbsup.gif

Why the Ramadan escalation?

Analysis: Palestinians see consent in Abbas' silence

Abbas is silent and the Palestinian sector immediately interprets the silence as consent. An escalation in violence in the West Bank, [/size]a stabbing attack in Netanya and [/size]a shooting attack on route 60 is a nightmare scenario for the security establishment.[/size]

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Escalation-Mahmoud-Abbas-is-silent-and-the-Palestinians-see-consent-459291

>>Why the Ramadan escalation?

...Perhaps Israeli incitement and escalation has something to do with it.

The violence started after police broke with the practice of recent years by allowing in non-Muslim visitors including tourists during Ramadan, after a relatively calm first 10 days of the holy month. Police have reimposed the visitor ban until Ramadan ends next week.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/30/israeli-girl-13-stabbed-bedroom-west-bank-kiryat-arba

Israeli forces raided the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in occupied East Jerusalem Sunday morning, clashing with worshipers, injuring at least 12 Palestinians and detaining four, as the Muslim holy month of Ramadan entered its final ten holiest days.

The Palestinian Red Crescent said Israeli forces fired rubber-coated steel bullets and tear gas canisters at a group of worshipers, and also hit them with batons. Five Palestinians were taken to the al-Maqasid Hospital in occupied East Jerusalem for treatment.

Witnesses said Israeli forces toured the Al-Qabli mosque in the compound in the early morning, before opening the Moroccan Gate to allow a group of ultra-religious Jewish Israelis to enter the complex, which caused clashes between Palestinian worshipers and Israeli forces.

http://www.maannews.com/Content.aspx?id=772005

israeli oppression continues. doing collective punishment. locking people. bombing around again. basically an asymmetrical response from israel again.

soon we might see the beautiful fireworks of phosphorus bombs too.

such actions will bring more tears, nothing else.

Why are these Palestinians so angry. Israel has only stolen their land, closed their schools, taken their farmland and impoverished their people. If it was us that this was done to we would all be happy and accept it. After all the Jewish people have been persecuted for Centuries and then attempted to be exterminated by Nazis so we understand them. Personally I see no difference between the persecuted and persecutors. It was Israeli PM Golda Meir who said there will never be peace until Our enemies love their children more than they hate us. Perhaps the Israelis should listen to one of their owns words. She was a wise woman. Too wrongs do not make a right. Jerusalem should be place under UN control , demilitarised and declared an International City for all Religions. Israel has the right to exist. And so do the Palestinian people have the right to Nationhood.

Edited by Kiwiken

Why are these Palestinians so angry. Israel has only stolen their land, closed their schools, taken their farmland and impoverished their people. If it was us that this was done to we would all be happy and accept it. After all the Jewish people have been persecuted for Centuries and then attempted to be exterminated by Nazis so we understand them. Personally I see no difference between the persecuted and persecutors. It was Israeli PM Golda Meir who said there will never be peace until Our enemies love their children more than they hate us. Perhaps the Israelis should listen to one of their owns words. She was a wise woman. Too wrongs do not make a right. Jerusalem should be place under UN control , demilitarised and declared an International City for all Religions. Israel has the right to exist. And so do the Palestinian people have the right to Nationhood.

Seriously?

So you see no difference between Hitler's Nazi third reich and the modern government of Israel?facepalm.gif

Sick,sick, sick.

Why do people hate STRONGER Jews (represented by the state of Israel) so much?

Here's a theory:

“Europe is accustomed to seeing weak Jews that depend on others. In the early days of Israel, when the Jewish State was fragile, it was digestible to Europe. Europeans had a lot of sympathy for Israel. But now, with our strong economy, thriving hi-tech sector, and scientific advances, European sympathy eroded and was replaced by envy.”

Bar-Ner, however, is skeptical that Europe will change its course. Being part of a generation that is not afraid to speak its mind, he states his views clearly: “Europeans hated the Jews throughout the centuries, and many of them continue to hate Jews today. It is not written policy and may not even be conscious, but the difficult truth is that Jew-hatred is at the core of Europeans policies toward the Jewish State.”

http://www.jpost.com/Magazine/Europes-anti-Israel-sentiment-455846

Counting the days until Ramadan is over ... coffee1.gif

So the excuse for the Palestinians going mad you imply is Ramadan. What is the excuse for the Israeli's? Where is the measured response (destroy the houses of the relatives of suspected criminals?), Bomb entire areas and close off an entire city. Cut revenue to people that already have nothing for any type of services (including any attempt at law and order). If there really is a GOD, then he has taken no sides and everyone that is guilty of stoking the fires of this hatred and violence on either side and justifying the slaughter of innocent women and children on all sides will likely themselves be used to stoke the eternal fires of damnation (absolution does not work, it was a man made thing to generate massive money for the churches from wealthy murderous nobles). This is when most people who claim to be religious actually really want to hedge their bets and hope and pray there is no such thing as a God (you should!).

I am atheist and have never ever sinned towards humanity on the scale of the religious and self righteous. Even on here on TV the "religious" ( coffee1.gif ) people who claim that any of this killing is justified are so deeply in the s**t if you believe in a God that you need to start worrying. My bets are properly hedged - I have never voiced anything that could be construed as wanting other people to suffer despite their religious rantings, and if their is a God the discussion will be at the pearly gates "but you didn't believe", "no i guess not but never laid eyes on you, you cant blame me - but never did no wrong and voiced no wrong and never wanted to hurt someone in the name of any 'God' " "fair call come on in, you can see me now" !

The madness and hatred has to stop. Most people are suckered into it through political, devious miscreancy, others through genuinely believing their religion is the one true religion. Based on the size of the universe it is like 10 ants from the total number of ants on the planet thinking they are the chosen 10. Stop it !!! ALL this killing on either side is WRONG! It cannot be justified EVER. The killings on both sides deserve total, utter continuous condemnation and any politician or official involved should be voted into oblivion by the electorate. ALL SIDES, and NO EXCEPTION.

What a load of tosh. The PA & Hamas have broken EVERY ceasefire. They are relentless in their pursuit of the destruction of Israel and Jews. They commend and martyred the sick twunt who slaughtered the 13 year old American girl sleeping in her bed, they even reward his family with a pension as he is a 'martyr'. Then you complain about Israel wanting to defend itself? It's people like you that empower Hamas.

Just watched a chilling docufilm called Rabin The Last Day….shows what nut jobs the rabbis who control Israelis are like….even netanyahu is featured in it.

They basically went against Rabin who was trying to make concessions to win a lasting peace….and assassinated him, blaming it all on some lowly religious student/extremist who was "acting alone".

Seriously?

So you see no difference between Hitler's Nazi third reich and the modern government of Israel?facepalm.gif

Sick,sick, sick.

Here's a theory:

“Europe is accustomed to seeing weak Jews that depend on others. In the early days of Israel, when the Jewish State was fragile, it was digestible to Europe. Europeans had a lot of sympathy for Israel. But now, with our strong economy, thriving hi-tech sector, and scientific advances, European sympathy eroded and was replaced by envy.”

Bar-Ner, however, is skeptical that Europe will change its course. Being part of a generation that is not afraid to speak its mind, he states his views clearly: “Europeans hated the Jews throughout the centuries, and many of them continue to hate Jews today. It is not written policy and may not even be conscious, but the difficult truth is that Jew-hatred is at the core of Europeans policies toward the Jewish State.”

Comparing any regime with Hitler is sick. Comparing Israel to Hitler's regime is the work of a sick and twisted individual with deep anti-Semitic values

Just watched a chilling docufilm called Rabin The Last Day….shows what nut jobs the rabbis who control Israelis are like….even netanyahu is featured in it.

They basically went against Rabin who was trying to make concessions to win a lasting peace….and assassinated him, blaming it all on some lowly religious student/extremist who was "acting alone".

Quick, get your tinfoil hat.

Seriously?

Sick,sick, sick.

Here's a theory:

Comparing any regime with Hitler is sick. Comparing Israel to Hitler's regime is the work of a sick and twisted individual with deep anti-Semitic values

No! Trying to defend Israels persecution of the Palestinians is like justifying than as I am of Celtic descent I have the right to kill Saxons. Two wrongs do not justify as right. It is you that is racist. Me that has taken a step back. I do not justify the murder of any ones children. just do not try to give an alibi to what is obviously wrong. You see a difference, that is because you are an apologist. And I am not a European

Edited by Kiwiken

No! Trying to defend Israels persecution of the Palestinians is like justifying than as I am of Celtic descent I have the right to kill Saxons. Two wrongs do not justify as right. It is you that is racist. Me that has taken a step back. I do not justify the murder of any ones children. just do not try to give an alibi to what is obviously wrong. You see a difference, that is because you are an apologist. And I am not a European

My POV which is not uncommon is that asserting an equivalence of modern Israel to Nazi Germany is most definitely a manifestation of Jew hatred hiding behind Israel demonization.

Of course you have a right to your opinion, but I have a right to my opinion that you are posting Jew hating rhetoric. I find that disgusting and sadly so very common with obsessive Israel demonization rhetoric.

It would be nice if sincere normal critics of Israeli government policies would be more clear in DENOUNCING hate speech as you have posted. But oddly, that is quite rare.

With that I will add you to my ignore list as is my custom to do with all members who are clearly posting Jew hating rhetoric under the cover of Israel criticism. There is zero chance of rational discussion with those harboring that agenda though I admire those that make a (FUTILE) effort.

Previous posts edited to allow reply.

Edited by Jingthing

I have friends from all Nations , all religions and points of view. I do not judge someone on their race or view. But whether they respect others opinions. Some here don,t but resort to those who do not agree with their view of the world are racists. To me no matter what you view or belief if only your view is right you are a horses arse to be polite. Do not judge me until you sit on the right hand of the Creator.

Seriously?

Sick,sick, sick.

Here's a theory:

facepalm.gif

paranoid tendencies of pro zionists echo from darkness!

so do you think all the world hate israel including palestinians etc bc israel is a superior country with great high tech and superb scientific advancements and they fear of stronger jews?laugh.png

oh man. do you really believe this even a bit?

and you prefer to believe this bs instead of the simple facts of israeli oppression and land stealing or them imprisoning palestinians in the world's biggest open air penitentiary, attacking and killing in asymmetrical ways...

and just bc majority of the world including most of europe do not like these and find them offensive and against human and international rights, do that mean they 'hate jews'? wow.

plus israel has nothing but desert sand if US cuts the guns, aids and tech know how or once world places sanctions. most scientific advancements you speak off are tech coming from US or from israelis educated in US or Europe.

and wonder why half the jewish people i know hold a second passport from a European country?

overall, it is an honour to be in your ignore list.