Thailand to raise water transport safety standards in Andaman Sea

webfact

Thailand to raise water transport safety standards in Andaman Sea
Phuket Gazette

anda.jpeg
Rescue workers cart an injured tourist to an ambulance after last month's boat crash. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Transportation and Marine Department officials have agreed to adopt additional water transportation safety measures in Phuket.

Phuket Governor Chamroen Tipayapongtada, Deputy Transport Minister Ormsin Chivapruck, Marine Department Director-General Sorasak Saensombat and representatives from six tour agencies based in provinces along the Andaman Sea ratified the agreement last Monday.

The agreement aims to establish a water transportation safety center and purportedly would align provincial safety regulations to international standards.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Thailand-raise-water-transport-safety-standards-Andaman/64171?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-07-04

Even more Blah Blah Blah ....

Some time ago I made the suggestions for the Mod's to make a pinned threat for Phuket projects. With the incredible number of "Projects for Phuket" one can not keep up anymore to see if any of these "Projects" ever see the light.

The other day the Governor talked about several "Projects" like the artificial islands and so on. Providing uninterrupted power supply should be on top of the list.

I have worked and lived nearly 20 years in various African countries at the lower end of the developing countries scale, but in all this time I never experienced the amount of power cuts as in my 9 years in Nai Harn/Rawai. Maybe other parts of the island is more blessed. Be it raining or sunshine, it does not matter to have power cuts for hours.

But hey, we all know that this is a "World Class Tourist Destination"

Some time ago I made the suggestions for the Mod's to make a pinned threat for Phuket projects. With the incredible number of "Projects for Phuket" one can not keep up anymore to see if any of these "Projects" ever see the light.

The other day the Governor talked about several "Projects" like the artificial islands and so on. Providing uninterrupted power supply should be on top of the list.

I have worked and lived nearly 20 years in various African countries at the lower end of the developing countries scale, but in all this time I never experienced the amount of power cuts as in my 9 years in Nai Harn/Rawai. Maybe other parts of the island is more blessed. Be it raining or sunshine, it does not matter to have power cuts for hours.

If you don't like it; go back to Africa.

I am very honored by your extremely intelligent suggestion, thank you so much.

Ouch you really know how to hurt a person. Ease up on the hurt pedal a little. Being gracious to others always carries the day. Its says in the bible "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Jesus loves you no matter how hurtful you become. Spread the joy sheath your tongue a bit. You will be a better person for it.

The problem in Thailand is not standards but having competent inspectors enforcement and a legal system that works...

Thais are very good at plagiarism so probably many regulations are written in western frame-work....just need training to understand them....

This requires tearing down existing mentality for a truly successful overhaul...

I am very honored by your extremely intelligent suggestion, thank you so much.

's OK its worse than his bite!

I thought they had solved this problem with a knee jerk reaction of banning tourism by boat in the SW monsoon season - or did I just dream that?

It was a lousy plan anyway - not that his is much better.

Regulate and enforce - learn from any maritime Western country.