Indian ex husband attacked me but Pattaya police do nothing, claims Thai woman

webfact

Indian ex husband attacked me but Pattaya police do nothing, claims Thai woman

s4p.jpg
Image: Sanook

PATTAYA: -- A forty year Thai woman who was attacked in Walking Street by her ex said that Pattaya police refused to help her.

Kanjana, 45, told reporters that police told her it was just a matter between a husband and wife, reported Sanook. This was despite the fact that she had a medical certificate outlining injuries to her body, arm and leg sustained in an attack in front of a bar in Soi 16 of the entertainment district yesterday afternoon.

After being taken to hospital by witnesses to the attack - done by her ex husband, another person and a Thai woman - she went to Pattaya police to report the matter, Kanjana said.

But the officer on duty refused to accept the complaint or log it in the book saying that no action would be taken.

Kanjana said that the officer in question then said that "the promotion period is finished now".

"I was confused about what he was talking about," said Kanjana claiming that the policeman then said that if he took the report he would have to fine them both and what was the use in that.

So she went home where later her ex phoned to threaten her if she reported the matter and allegedly then sent a text message saying that he would hurt her child at school and that he knew police in the Pattaya area and was not worried about prosecution.

Armed with this new evidence she went back to the cops only to be told by a new officer that she would have to report the matter to the officer who was on duty at the time and he had gone home now.

Frustrated by all this she went to the press.

"What are Pattaya police doing?", she said. "Are they doing any work? I was the victim of assault and I was injured but when I reported the matter to them they just made excuses as to why they won't do anything".

Having been to the local media she now hopes that senior officers will see the case and she will get justice, she added.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-05

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/929650-happy-fourth-of-july-us-man-donates-500000-to-thai-police/?utm_source=newsletter-20160705-1356&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

UDON THANI: -- A wealthy American businessman has donated half a million baht to Udon police recognizing the hardships they face in their difficult job.

That's the way aha, aha they like it....

but Udon police is different!

They used to just fine the husband 500b. In the old days this could have been enough to make him think twice about doing it again...few days wage or more....Now with the amount of abuse the jails would be full. Also the location Walking St. well.....

Nothing will be done...the "promotion" is over facepalm.gif You have to go there covered in blood with rich witnesses and HQ video from 5 angles. Then they with ask the perpetrator to come in and talk...

Primitive

" What are Pattaya Police doing ? "

I'm sure lots of possible answers will be forthcoming but remember the defamation laws, after all the BIB have their good name and reputation to protect.

And do not forget the BIB are there to collect the brown envelops and not to do police work.. For a few bob she can get her exes knees broken.That should hold him for a while.

" What are Pattaya Police doing ? "

I'm sure lots of possible answers will be forthcoming but remember the defamation laws, after all the BIB have their good name and reputation to protect.

What they always do is the answer.

unfortunately for this woman, she is the ex-wife of an Indian and immediately a whole set of prejudices and value judgments come into play as a result of which she gets no sympathy or assistance from law enforcement.

This is so close to the incident where the army recruit cut his womans throat on walking street…you'd think the public would stop any further nonsense from escalating.

Why the Public? why not the police? plenty of them around.

About time they were reminded what they are paid to do.

In the West he would be arrested and the key thrown away..Here it is Looked at as a Domestic dispute and the Bodily Damage must have been minimum or the BIB would have done more...What about His side?

Seems a shame a woman cannot turn to the police to help defend her from a raging ex... she could well end up as a vicitim of serious injury or worse. Far cry from what would happen in Western countries. Bloody police, idle bunch.

Pattaya police are too busy shutting short time rooms in soi 6 to deal with a trivial case of bodily harm and threats to a minor. Only when the price is right will they show interest.

Incidentally closures on soi 6 were for Monday & Tuesday this week; it was Wednesday & Thursday last week. This is called selective police work.

A post has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.