Trump: Charges of anti-Semitism over tweet are 'ridiculous'

webfact

This is all meaningless unless they can prove Trump intentionally tried to be racist.

No intent, no crime.

What nonsense is this. Of course it isn't a crime. If offending people was a crime, then Trump would be so far back in jail they would have to pump daylight to him.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

So using the star of David is now Anti-semitic ?....wow professional victims out in force again ?....i would doubt the star used in this tweet is even intended as being the star of David, the intent is very clear to me and it references law and order

Some has been drinking tainted cool aid again

that's a star.. and a very evenly spaced one at that! I don't think it references anything. It's just a star to highlight the text..

You guys are funny. Pretty much everyone agrees there were anti-semitic undertones...well, everyone except the rabid Trump supporters. You guys do know that the image was lifted from a neo-nazi site, don't you? Nevermind, I know Trump supporters see-no-evil, hear-no-evil...etc.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/03/proof-racism-accidenttrump-retweeted-white-supremacists-75-times.html

So basically everyone against Trump says it's anti-semetic?

Because of a red star?

Talk about clutching at straws...

The link below is to an open letter to Jared Kushner, the Jewish son-in-law of Donald Trump. It is written by one if his employees at the Observer, who is a writer and is also Jewish. She explains very well the context and subtext of Donald's controversial tweet.

Most especially notice the sample of the tweets she had received regarding the tweet with the star. You'll noticed that they all understood its underlying meaning. (I had to delete a post so that this would upload.)

http://observer.com/2016/07/an-open-letter-to-jared-kushner-from-one-of-your-jewish-employees/

Edited by helpisgood

The link below is to an open letter to Jared Kushner, the Jewish son-in-law of Donald Trump. It is written by one if his employees at the Observer, who is a writer and is also Jewish. She explains very well the context and subtext of Donald's controversial tweet.

Most especially notice the sample of the tweets she had received regarding the tweet with the star. You'll noticed that they all understood its underlying meaning. (I had to delete a post so that this would upload.)

http://observer.com/2016/07/an-open-letter-to-jared-kushner-from-one-of-your-jewish-employees/

There is much more to this and it's been going on for several months. Numerous Jewish reporters (journalists that happen to be Jews really or even under "suspicion" of having Jewish names) that have written a word of criticism towards trump have been hate bombed with the most explicitly vile Nazi type anti-semitic social media attacks that leave NO space for ambiguity by fascist trump supporters. Like sending Jews to the gas kind of stuff. Deniers, we're not buying it. The trump movement is deeply infected with Nazis, white supremacists, "alt-right" bigots, racists, misogynists, and homophobes. There is a trail of evidence and trump has failed to distance himself from this FILTH.

Another poster mentioned facebook. There was an organized attack on social media to automatically add (((Jewish name))) to any names that sounded Jewish. Obviously not very accurate but this kind of massive automatic Nazi type attack was indeed protested about as abusive, as well it should have been. It's not realistic to wait for individual complaints when you have done a hate attack by MACHINE methods.

The star graphic thing is not a one off. It's absurd to suggest it's only about that. This is about a long pattern now and it continues. trump isn't interested in kicking this hard core fascist garbage out of his movement. He knows they are energized for him so he'll take it.

Edited by Jingthing

that's a star.. and a very evenly spaced one at that! I don't think it references anything. It's just a star to highlight the text..

You guys are funny. Pretty much everyone agrees there were anti-semitic undertones...well, everyone except the rabid Trump supporters. You guys do know that the image was lifted from a neo-nazi site, don't you? Nevermind, I know Trump supporters see-no-evil, hear-no-evil...etc.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/03/proof-racism-accidenttrump-retweeted-white-supremacists-75-times.html

So basically everyone against Trump says it's anti-semetic?

Because of a red star?

Talk about clutching at straws...

Yeap, that's about as clear as can get. These Trump supporters are something. How can they be so disingenuous? I guess it takes a high level of dishonesty to support someone like Trump.

This is all meaningless unless they can prove Trump intentionally tried to be racist.

No intent, no crime.

As a point of reference that refutes your statement about intent, federal and state civil laws concerning discrimination ignore intent as a factor in reaching a determination.

It is the result, the outcome, that identifies discrimination in the civil laws of the federal government and in the civil laws of every state that addresses discrimination on any basis, to include religion.

The federal, state and local civil laws against discrimination pay no mind to intent. It's the result, whether the outcome is to be found in the analysis of data or in the preponderance and weight of the evidence pertaining to a person's conduct, words, behaviors, actions, deeds and the like (or a corporation or an organisation such as a political campaign).

The use therefore of the well known for a thousand reasons Star of David was racist against the Jewish religion, its people, and against all people of good will, honor, integrity, honesty, decency.

It was more than the proverbial dog whistle, it was a pig snort.

I reckon many people don't even know what "alt-right" means. Well, people should learn because the "alt-right" movement is an important part of the core base of trump, who horrifically has a chance to be the USA president:

This presidential election has seen the rise of a new group in American conservatism: the blandly-termed — and fiercely pro-Trump — “alt-right.” The blogs, forums, and Twitter accounts that make up the media landscape of the alt-right actively promote fascism, albeit one updated for the 21st century.
Though the movement ties together white supremacy, neo-Nazism and misogyny, it rarely uses any of these terms. Eugenics has become “human biodiversity”; a white supremacist is now an “identitarian.”
These false terms are misleading, and provide cover for racist, xenophobic subcultures — groups that have never had a better chance to reach a wider audience than with Donald Trump running for president.
It would be one thing if this were a lexicon of the conservative fringe. Instead, the presumptive Republican nominee is retweeting the alt-right’s homegrown imagery.

http://forward.com/opinion/politics/344258/the-alt-right-explained-in-7-must-know-terms/?attribution=home-hero-item-text-1

Again, do not be misled by the narrative that the star graphic is a one off irregularity. This is a well organized movement and it's directly related to the trump for president movement.

Edited by Jingthing

As kids we were taught the easiest way to draw a star was to make an uoside down triangle and then a standing triangle over it.

I did not know the jews owned the patent on this.

To all of you offering up this BS excuse, the nazis don't "own the patent" on the swastika either. Therefore Donald should feel free to use it in his future tweets, right?

If I remember correctly the swastika was a hindu religious symbol that was appropriated by someone in Hitler's social media wing.

It is still in use in hindu temples today….and no one bats an eyelid….even the jews.

You didn't answer my question. Would it be a wise idea for Donald to use the symbol in his tweets?

I agree the symbol has been used innocently in the past, but context matters. Use the swastika devoid of all context and maybe you could weasel out of it later by making some lame appeal to religious context. But lay the swastika over a white circle on a red background with an eagle overhead and you've established a totally different context.

If Donald didn't think there was anything wrong with laying the six pointed star over piles of money and talk about corruption, then either he's antisemitic or stupid. I'm not sure which is worse.

Edited by attrayant

As kids we were taught the easiest way to draw a star was to make an uoside down triangle and then a standing triangle over it.

I did not know the jews owned the patent on this.

To all of you offering up this BS excuse, the nazis don't "own the patent" on the swastika either. Therefore Donald should feel free to use it in his future tweets, right?

If I remember correctly the swastika was a hindu religious symbol that was appropriated by someone in Hitler's social media wing.

It is still in use in hindu temples today….and no one bats an eyelid….even the jews.

It must be decades since I can remember anyone even bothering to come out with this particular lame rationale hoping that somebody, anybody, would take such whitewashing (!) attempts as a genuine contribution.

Serious question: can someone explain to me why antisemitism still exists at all? I know down history the Jews were held responsible for the death of Jesus, and traditionally were money-lenders, both of which caused resentment, and that they tended to keep themselves apart, which didn't foster integration - but nowadays...? None of those things surely apply.

Jews have a great sense of humour - I grew up with the Marx Brothers, Danny Kaye, Woody Allen, Seinfeld and so on. The list of towering Jewish minds in the arts and sciences is immense - who doesn't admire Einstein, Kafka, Rothko, Paul Simon etc?

They garnered a lot of sympathy because of their treatment by the Nazis (I know, the Israelis are rapidly using up that store of sympathy, but still, that's just Israel).

It's often hard to tell someone is Jewish by looking at them so it can't be a physical thing. They often marry non-Jews. Some cling to their traditions, but so what? I'm assuming they have integrated in most places to the extent that they are no longer - as an exclusive group - gaining an unfair share of resources.

Why the continued hate? The latter point is my best guess, but it hardly seems justified by the fact that they are simply good at business. Someone please explain.

Serious question: can someone explain to me why antisemitism still exists at all? I know down history the Jews were held responsible for the death of Jesus, and traditionally were money-lenders, both of which caused resentment, and that they tended to keep themselves apart, which didn't foster integration - but nowadays...? None of those things surely apply.

Jews have a great sense of humour - I grew up with the Marx Brothers, Danny Kaye, Woody Allen, Seinfeld and so on. The list of towering Jewish minds in the arts and sciences is immense - who doesn't admire Einstein, Kafka, Rothko, Paul Simon etc?

They garnered a lot of sympathy because of their treatment by the Nazis (I know, the Israelis are rapidly using up that store of sympathy, but still, that's just Israel).

It's often hard to tell someone is Jewish by looking at them so it can't be a physical thing. They often marry non-Jews. Some cling to their traditions, but so what? I'm assuming they have integrated in most places to the extent that they are no longer - as an exclusive group - gaining an unfair share of resources.

Why the continued hate? The latter point is my best guess, but it hardly seems justified by the fact that they are simply good at business. Someone please explain.

Your going to be labelled an anti-semite asking thaf question

Antisemitism is a very complex topic but yes it's been with us for thousands of years.

There are different TYPES of antisemitism.

There are hundreds of books on the subject that are sincere, and then there are the antisemitic type texts that seek to promote it, such as the infamous Elders of Zion, which was entirely made up to demonize Jews.

If you think you're going to get a simple answer on a web forum, forget about it.

Start with wiki is OK:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

The point about Jews being seen as "too successful" is indeed one aspect to the roots of antisemitism. But that is just one aspect of it.

BTW, my own (but not original) somewhat flippant main reason for Jewish success (during periods of historically low oppression) -- Jewish Mothers! They make you feel so guilty if you fail! They didn't go through the pain of childbirth for you to grow up to be a putz!

Edited by Jingthing

Antisemitism is a very complex topic but yes it's been with us for thousands of years.

There are different TYPES of antisemitism.

There are hundreds of books on the subject that are sincere, and then there are the antisemitic type texts that seek to promote it, such as the infamous Elders of Zion, which was entirely made up to demonize Jews.

If you think you're going to get a simple answer on a web forum, forget about it.

Start with wiki is OK:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

The point about Jews being seen as "too successful" is indeed one aspect to the roots of antisemitism. But that is just one aspect of it.

I skimmed that long article because it deals largely with definitions (I know what it is) and with history (no longer relevant) and I could see it wasn't going to provide the simple sociological answer I'm looking for: why antisemitism still exists today.

I grew up in an area with very few Jews - I don't think I knowingly met one until I was in my 20s - so I have no cultural prejudices and am baffled by the continued hostility which no longer seems to have any reason behind it.

Hatred needs rationality?whistling.gif

Dude, get a clue. The ancient "reasons" are still there. Antisemitism just evolves into modern forms. Always has, and always will as long as there are Jews.

If there weren't actual Jews, I reckon antisemites would have to invent them.

Some of the nations with the most virulently high rates of antisemitism have almost no Jews living there!

"Boogeymen" don't need to be real ... they are convenient though.

Yes, it's not unusual for people to have not met any Jews.

Jews are tiny minority in the world.

Only significant numbers in Israel, USA, France, and the U.K.

A Jewish lady I used to know grew up the American midwest.

She said people were always wanting to feel her head for HORNS.

Edited by Jingthing

I don't pretend to be a sociologist, but my guess is that a lot of folks still too often revert to their "reptilian brain" which clings to tribalism, survivalism and finding scapegoats. They don't like certain other people merely because they are different and therefore "inferior." Old prejudices are a comforting and familiar rally cry, especially in times of troubles with a need to blame others. I think History will back me on that last point.

Maybe someone better versed in this subject matter can explain it better. I hope I have helped.

You didn't answer my question. Would it be a wise idea for Donald to use the symbol in his tweets?

I agree the symbol has been used innocently in the past, but context matters. Use the swastika devoid of all context and maybe you could weasel out of it later by making some lame appeal to religious context. But lay the swastika over a white circle on a red background with an eagle overhead and you've established a totally different context.

If Donald didn't think there was anything wrong with laying the six pointed star over piles of money and talk about corruption, then either he's antisemitic or stupid. I'm not sure which is worse.

It would serve no purpose for mr trump to use a swastika on that poster since it does not provide a graphic starburst background to lay some text on.

So using a swastika would be irrelevant.

Trump said the tweet portrayed "a basic star, often used by sheriffs who deal with criminals and criminal behavior,"

I would agree as I have never seen a Star of David that did not show the intersecting lines

post-82547-0-32897300-1467803814_thumb.j

post-82547-0-39182100-1467803623_thumb.j

post-82547-0-19721300-1467803634_thumb.j

post-82547-0-13894300-1467803939_thumb.j

At the end of the day playing the "Anti-Semitism" card is always a last ditch weak at best tactic & usually just laughable BS

coming from the usual suspects

Edited by mania

Dude, get a clue. The ancient "reasons" are still there. Antisemitism just evolves into modern forms. Always has, and always will as long as there are Jews.

Some of the nations with the most virulently high rates of antisemitism have almost no Jews living there!

I believe hatred does indeed need a reason - though it's not necessarily conscious. Seems we need a bit of psychoanalysis here.

If it's historical - well, there are historical reasons for lots of groups to hate lots of other groups - but they grow out of it. I can hardly think of any other ancient hostilities that persist today, at least on the surface. The question is then: why do ancient and/or subconscious hostilities persist in this particular case to the extent that it is still in the news almost every day?

I only take a mild academic interest in the topic, but I should think the Jews themselves would be very interested to know...

I don't pretend to be a sociologist, but my guess is that a lot of folks still too often revert to their "reptilian brain" which clings to tribalism, survivalism and finding scapegoats. They don't like certain other people merely because they are different and therefore "inferior." Old prejudices are a comforting and familiar rally cry, especially in times of troubles with a need to blame others. I think History will back me on that last point.

Maybe someone better versed in this subject matter can explain it better. I hope I have helped.

I agree that societies are competitive and need someone to hate to ratify theselves. It's still surprising to me though that anti-semitism is not completely out of date. So anti-Semites even hate Jerry Seinfeld? Doesn't make sense to me.

I believe hatred does indeed need a reason - though it's not necessarily conscious. Seems we need a bit of psychoanalysis here.

If it's historical - well, there are historical reasons for lots of groups to hate lots of other groups - but they grow out of it. I can hardly think of any other ancient hostilities that persist today, at least on the surface. The question is then: why do ancient and/or subconscious hostilities persist in this particular case to the extent that it is still in the news almost every day?

I only take a mild academic interest in the topic, but I should think the Jews themselves would be very interested to know...

As I already said, there are hundreds of books on the topic. Many written by Jews. You want simple pat answers. They do not exist.

I agree that societies are competitive and need someone to hate to ratify theselves. It's still surprising to me though that anti-semitism is not completely out of date. So anti-Semites even hate Jerry Seinfeld? Doesn't make sense to me.

Of course antisemites would hate Jerry Seinfeld. His humor is quite culturally Jewish. But they would DEFINITELY hate Jackie Mason much, much more!

BTW, your assertion that Jews aren't ethnically identifiable anymore isn't really accurate. Less so, for sure, due to intermarriage especially in the USA, but it's still a thing.

Edited by Jingthing

Another of the Bloviator's Bigoted Glee Club is beside himself: ( He got the message )

David Duke Parrots Donald Trump’s Anti-Semitic Tweet

The former KKK leader just loved Trump’s latest jab at Hillary Clinton.

"Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump received even more high-profile support from noted anti-Semite and white supremacist leader David Duke on Tuesday."

"Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan leader and Louisiana state representative who supports Trump,

enthusiastically praised the business mogul’s controversial tweet on Saturday about presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, calling it “Absolutely True!”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/david-duke-donald-trump-anti-semitism_us_577c1889e4b0a629c1ab0e50

Listen here on Soundcloud to White Supremacist David Duke from Feb. 2016, telling his minions:

"When this show’s over, go out, call the Republican Party, but call Donald Trump’s headquarters, volunteer. They’re screaming for volunteers.

Go in there, you’re gonna meet people who are going to have the same kind of mindset that you have.” whistling.gif

https://soundcloud.com/buzzfeedandrew/duke

post-206952-0-63369400-1467804892_thumb.

post-206952-0-19765200-1467804905_thumb.

Edited by iReason

He plays it both ways. The yokels eat up the anti-Jew stuff, then he backs off with stuff like "it's a sheriff's star" and the yokels get it -- think of Sarah Palin doing her wink.

I've been waiting for him to mess up with the Jews or the Blacks. Both have infrastructure in place to respond to stuff like this overnight. The Jewish Anti-Defamation League is not as hair-triggered as the NAACP or BLM, which did literally mobilize overnight for the shooting in Louisiana yesterday.

Probably the worst aspect of all this is that none of the US media outlets have said "no hate speech, no more Trump coverage" with the exception of ONE (1) talk show host.

The ADL has already confronted him on his "America First" loaded slogan and he doubled down on it.

That's a weird one because you have to know a little history to understand the problem with that.

http://forward.com/news/342340/donald-trump-doubles-down-on-america-first-slogan-whether-jews-like-it-or-n/

In any case, it's clear he won't change. What's not clear is whether he'll be president.

Let’s table that discussion for later. For now, it suffices to say that it’s happening—that the Trump campaign is a superhighway for an organized horde of hate that defines much of the pro-Trump grass-roots presence online. Rooted in online communities like Reddit and 4Chan, these supporters—who often identify as “alt-right,” a current of conservative politics on the internet where racism thrives and anti-Semitism flourishes—are virtual shock troops against journalists who criticize Trump or scrutinize his campaign and its personalities. Jewish journalists, in particular,face the worst abuse.

Trump isn’t responsible for his followers. He doesn’t direct them. But he doesn’t criticize or rebuke them either. He hems and hawswhen asked if he renounces an endorsement from a white supremacist; he demurswhen confronted with anti-Semitic attacks in his name; he indulges and amplifiesbigotry from supporters at his rallies and events; he incorporates their ideas about cultural takeover into his speeches. Anti-Semites and white nationalists have built new networks and communities, and Trump is expanding their reach in the most direct ways possible. The Star of David tweet isn’t the first broadcast to mainstream politics, and it won’t be the last

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/07/our_political_culture_doesn_t_know_what_to_do_with_trump_s_explicit_prejudice.html

About the trump troops vicious attacks on journalists that happen to be Jews. See the horrific graphics in the link and that will shut up any lame arguments of alleged ambiguity about whether Stars of David are Sheriff's badges! thumbsup.gif

This surge of anti-Semitism has been unsettling to many, but is hitting one group especially hard: Jewish political reporters who cover Trump, many of whom who say they are regularly subject to anti-Semitic harassment by his supporters online.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/05/27/3782503/donald-trump-anti-semitism-tweets/

Edited by Jingthing

About the trump troops vicious attacks on journalists that happen to be Jews.

Malarkey. Journalists that happen to be Jews AND dishonest, far left liberals. Being Jewish has nothing to do with it. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.