Toilets

hocuspocus

For our new house build we have bought two toilets and at the moment we have no tiles and two 100mm pipes sticking up for the toilets. Assuming the tiles are cut around the 100mm pipes is there any rubber seals I can buy to seal the toilet to the pipe or is it right as I have been told that the outlet of the toilet just sits over the pipe and the toilet is just siliconed to the floor tiles? Thanks in advance.

The flange fittings sadly are only supplied with the higher end and imported bogs but you can buy them indepedently at places liike Home Sukkapan.

H.S often sell thrm at 50bt because they set up their displays and just throw them on one side.

Then they sell the display at a discount and no one even knows to ask for thr flange.

So first and best choice is to use flange.

Second best without thr flange would be to use the soil pipe with thr female socket end. A bit wider than the pipe it allows you to drop the wc outlet straight in.

Sadly you cannot seal it at this point and have to revert to the bed on mortar scenario.

Also dont allow them to fit the wc then tile the floor around it.

By the time they finish with their 2in mortar bed you will be sitting on that bog with your knees under your chin.☺

I have bought a few toilets in Buriram for a few homes. Cotto worked better for me than American Standard due to actual warranty service provided. Any Cotto dealer can easily have in stock or order a toilet proper flange and wax seal in Thailand.

post-20604-0-11882600-1467974377_thumb.j

Bought this in Home Pro Pattaya a few months ago,cant remember the price.

Thanks everybody and thanks Nam, have bought one from Home Pro but not sure if I need the flange until I return to the house build next week. I bought the toilets from Global and not sure if all toilets here are the same design outlet. I guess that if the toilet is tiled underneath then the sealing ring would seal against the tile (but I am only guessing) But if the toilet outlet is compatable with the fluidmaster It would be best to try and locate the correct flange. Yes it would have been easier to do it the Thai way but I prefer to do things the right way.

In the end it's up to you we have two toilets in house both put in the Thai way using cement to fix to tiles and then silicone around bottom. Never had a problem with them. I do remove and re seal the silicone every 6 months bout really that's for cosmetic purposes can get grub despite best attempts at cleaning in a wet room