Want a degree? Just go online, five minutes and you're qualified!

webfact

This is an example of the mind set that separates generations...

Older generation were willing to work hard and study hard...doing menial tasks...while waiting their turn to legitimately enter the workforce and become a productive citizen...

New generation wants instant gratification...no hard work or education...just give me money for showing up for work so I can have a good time with no thought to the future...

Does not bode well for the human race...

Sorry, but that's complete nonsense which does a grave disservice to the youngsters who are studying today. Previous generations enjoyed free tuition and supportive grants that allowed them to treat being a student as pretty much a three year piss up, often without concerning themselves unduly with study. By contrast, today's students are painfully aware that they're burying themselves in a mountain of debt to be where they are, and consequently tend to take their studies a whole lot more seriously.

Academic standards have been lowered repeatedly over the last 50 years. There are multitudes of degree programs today which require no admissions tests, no prerequisite course work, no research and writing projects, and no examinations. There are many more loans, scholarships, and grants available today than ever before and they are easier to obtain.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an example of the mind set that separates generations...

Older generation were willing to work hard and study hard...doing menial tasks...while waiting their turn to legitimately enter the workforce and become a productive citizen...

New generation wants instant gratification...no hard work or education...just give me money for showing up for work so I can have a good time with no thought to the future...

Does not bode well for the human race...

Sorry, but that's complete nonsense which does a grave disservice to the youngsters who are studying today. Previous generations enjoyed free tuition and supportive grants that allowed them to treat being a student as pretty much a three year piss up, often without concerning themselves unduly with study. By contrast, today's students are painfully aware that they're burying themselves in a mountain of debt to be where they are, and consequently tend to take their studies a whole lot more seriously.

Where, and when was this happening? Free school and no studying?

Nothing new in this, in the USA Dr Kent Hovind a man who claims to have taught science for 14 years. Hovind received a master's degree and doctorate in Christian Education through correspondence from (also unaccredited) Patriot University in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Yep that is actually a picture of that seat of learning.

250px-PatriotU_Crop.jpg

Then of course more recently we have Trump University, why would anyone want to go to Harvard or Yale.

" Those using the degrees can face the same penalties though just having one made does not actually constitute a crime."

Having a fake degree isn't a crime if you don't use it?

Brilliant.

I have a copy of Nighthawks on my wall. Should that be a crime?

Yes, if you are referring to the movie staring Sly.

No if you are referring to the the Hopper painting (excellent choice by the way)

However my point is who buys a relatively expensive degree if they don't intend to use it?

Yes and I hear that outside of Thailand not even the real ones are worth the paper they're written on.

Some interesting reading for those thinking of using them.

fake degrees

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/263129-fake-degrees/

mr hippos day in court

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/272232-mr-hippos-day-in-court/

Clicking on the mr hippo link brought a little sad sigh. In 2009, an OP on TVF fesses up to falsifying his degree, and yet the response was generally civil. Can't even imagine the vitriol if he fessed up to the same in 2016.

Some "real" degrees aren't worth the certificate paper they are printed on - these are fake as measured by standards, but at least the student sat in hours of lecturers and got their "attendance marks" - well done for staying the course. Note its rare for Thai students to be failed, its a culture thing.

TIT, and we all know it don't we.