No more marrage visas issued at Pattaya Immigration?

I have seen no reports of immigration in Jomtien refusing to do extension of stay (they are not visas) based upon marriage if a person has no children. There have been reports of them wanting witnesses if you do no have children.

Perhaps your agent cannot do them for you anymore is what he meant.

• Like 1

Pattaya Immigration no longer issue visas based on marriage

Immigration offices have never issued marriage visas. You want an extension of stay based on marriage. Visas are issued at Thai embassies or consulates outside of Thailand.

• Like 1

I went to Jomtien Immigration last Thursday to renew my extension for married to a Thai visa and there was no mention of the absence of children with myself and my wife . Indeed there has never been any problems re:children in the 5 years I have been on married to a Thai national extensions .

• Like 2

Many people here just invent problems which does not exist.I never had any problem with immigration in Bangkok in 6 years and now in Samut Prakan.I got every time my retirement visa same day.My friend got his marriage Visa as well!I read a lot of scrawl here about special form we must fill about our private and social life.Nobody ,never ask me that!!!Some people just like to invent problems,even it is much harder to obtain Visa for Canada,USA or EU!!!

• Like 1

I went to Jomtien Immigration last Thursday to renew my extension for married to a Thai visa and there was no mention of the absence of children with myself and my wife . Indeed there has never been any problems re:children in the 5 years I have been on married to a Thai national extensions .

In Samut Parkarn Last Sep I did my extension(4th extension) and because of no children the Bangkok office sent three agents to the house , they had my next door neighbor come in my house and sign a document . This year getting ready for another extension While collecting forms required for the renewal , Immigration told the wife that Bangkok will come to the house again because of no children, I think its pertinent to say this requirement started last year.

In Samut Parkarn Last Sep I did my extension(4th extension) and because of no children the Bangkok office sent three agents to the house , they had my next door neighbor come in my house and sign a document . This year getting ready for another extension While collecting forms required for the renewal , Immigration told the wife that Bangkok will come to the house again because of no children, I think its pertinent to say this requirement started last year.

Yeah,I think it is quite common and normal to check your residency,cos. you have benefits upon marriage Visa.They can check us all,but that is normal procedure.Why some people make drama upon that!Nobody does not rejected anyone from getting Visa if they have requirements upon Law,they just need to check out that everything is in order!

• Like 1

Many people here just invent problems which does not exist.I never had any problem with immigration in Bangkok in 6 years and now in Samut Prakan.I got every time my retirement visa same day.My friend got his marriage Visa as well!I read a lot of scrawl here about special form we must fill about our private and social life.Nobody ,never ask me that!!!Some people just like to invent problems,even it is much harder to obtain Visa for Canada,USA or EU!!!

I must have invented it then, certainly for my 90day report and everyone else that was there in Chom Chien 2 weeks ago were required to fill in this one off form,stating various social media activities (all of which i left blank) places visited "foodland" etc. but was definetely a requirement at front desk, before picking up your number ticket, for whatever desk you required ie. extensions re-entry permits etc.

• Like 1

It must have changed since June. I applied at the end of April and got the extention based on living with a Thai wife, no kids (together), at the end of May. Maybe it's better to change the visa agent ...

Visas are issued at Thai embassies or consulates outside of Thailand.

I don't know about visa based upon marriage but I do know that a friend of mine got his one year retirement visa at Jomtien immigration. No need to go to an embassy or consulate outside of Thailand.

• Like 1

I have seen no reports of immigration in Jomtien refusing to do extension of stay (they are not visas) based upon marriage if a person has no children. There have been reports of them wanting witnesses if you do no have children.

Perhaps your agent cannot do them for you anymore is what he meant.

Your last comment is probably right.

I abandoned my last marriage extension at Sri Ratcha when they told me that all marriage extensions where there were no children involved would be subject to a home visit.