Bars all closed July 19 and 20?

AlexCanada

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially yes, bars will all be closed. However, as always on the Buddha days if you look around you'll find places that are open and serving beer out of coffee mugs. No lights or music though, so you have to be pretty desperate to want to drink out on those days.

Shopping malls all remain open, right?

Open and jam packed as crazy like the whole town, traffic like mad and so on.

Loooong weekend starting Friday night, July 15.

18 being an extra day off for the privileged (government officers, bankers etc.).

Some "events" during the period (forgot what is was) to add to the chaos.

I would evacuate.tongue.png

I arrive on 24 smile.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Dear God, the same holidays, in the same country result in the same bar closures every year!

Why does anyone need to start a panic thread regarding it??

Sorry. I just moved here this year and did not know there were old threads on same holiday.

Prime minister announced that the 15th is now National no alcohol day. The police have just told us we have to close at midnight on the 14th. Looks like this month will loose money again. So many days the bar has to close but still have to pay salaries, rent, water etc

Prime minister announced that the 15th is now National no alcohol day. The police have just told us we have to close at midnight on the 14th. Looks like this month will loose money again. So many days the bar has to close but still have to pay salaries, rent, water etc

Most bars don't pay the girls on holidays. Don't be fooled mates. They aren't even legally employed at said bars. To make matters even worse, said bars want barfines on holidays if the girl gets lucky or was barfined the night prior. It's a wicked world even without the alcohol. Add alcohol and drugs to the mix and you've got it, Pattaya.

Looks like this month will loose money again.

There are several new automobile franchises opening up south of Pattaya on Sukhumvit Road. Perhaps you should choose a new line of work and/or invest in something outside the world of prostitution, alcohol and drugs? Best of luck.

So many days the bar has to close but still have to pay salaries, rent, water etc

Seems like the water bill would be lower since you won't have to spray every Aussie and English arse in Pattaya on those days you are closed? Or do you have workers living at the bar? Thanks for any clarification.

Get ready for the avalanche of "If you can't go without for 2 days" posts from the self righteous holier than thou brigade

I don't often drink alcohol but when I do it's often planned, so I still find it useful to know about these days in advance

Get ready for the avalanche of "If you can't go without for 2 days" posts from the self righteous holier than thou brigade

I don't know about doing without, but I seriously wonder about anyone that can't plan around 2 days where they can't buy booze. Especially with liquor stores on every block and smartphones in every pocket. With alarm functions.

Business idea: How about an app that beeps every time you get near a liquor store in the days just before Thailand goes dry?

I'll be rich! Rich, I tell you.

Edited by impulse

Most bars don't pay the girls on holidays. Don't be fooled mates. They aren't even legally employed at said bars. To make matters even worse, said bars want barfines on holidays if the girl gets lucky or was barfined the night prior. It's a wicked world even without the alcohol. Add alcohol and drugs to the mix and you've got it, Pattaya.

What are you talking about?

Lor has a valid point in what he is saying, for all bar owners, Falang & Thai. There are enough days already in lost revenue without additional self-appointed days of closing.

Nothing to do with bar fines on holidays (decent bars would be shut anyway) or girls working in the bars.

Officially yes, bars will all be closed. However, as always on the Buddha days if you look around you'll find places that are open and serving beer out of coffee mugs. No lights or music though, so you have to be pretty desperate to want to drink out on those days.

Or an active alcoholic, which accounts for most of the people starting these threads over and over again.

For goodness sake, how can closed bars for 2 days on a Mon and Tue be a problem to any normal human being?

Dear God, the same holidays, in the same country result in the same bar closures every year!

Why would any one assume asking for confirmation about the alcohol ban is panicking?

For goodness sake, how can closed bars for 2 days on a Mon and Tue be a problem to any normal human being?

For a bar owner, 3 days closed in a month is a potential 10% loss in earnings.

(15, 19, 20)

Edited by MissAndry

Shopping malls all remain open, right?

Open and jam packed as crazy like the whole town, traffic like mad and so on.

Loooong weekend starting Friday night, July 15.

18 being an extra day off for the privileged (government officers, bankers etc.).

Some "events" during the period (forgot what is was) to add to the chaos.

I would evacuate.tongue.png

I arrive on 24 smile.png

Pattaya marathon on Sunday i believe which means problems in the morning as they start early.

On a related subject are there closures for referendum voting - on elections it is no alcohol on election day (7th Aug) but they have an advanced voting day a week before as well which is dry?

I assume OP refers to July 18 & 19 (not 19 & 20). As July 19 is a Buddhist holiday it is alcohol free day. But July 18 is a "special holiday" so I assume alcohol can be served. Correct?

19th = Asahna Bucha = Closed

20th = Buddhist Lent = Closed

18th ought to be open as its only a "bridge" holiday.

You own a Pattaya beer bar? hahahahahahahahahahaha!

I am a non drinker, do not go into bars. but IMO the Thai government is wrong when it closes bars for religious or political reasons.

They give no thought to tourists who come to Thailand for entertainment in bars. Do they really want tourists here at all? Do they give no thought

to businesses who need their custom? Why should bar owners lose two nights business because of politicians who have little common sense?

Wrong. Why should people who travel thousands of miles for a two or three week holiday have to put

up with the inconvenience of maybe staying in their hotels?

It is nothing to do with anyone being desperate for a drink.

Sorry. I just moved here this year and did not know there were old threads on same holiday.

"Why does anyone need to start a panic thread regarding it??" I would not bother about it, there are thousands of Thaivisa members who come and go all the time, so it is expected that threads from the

past will always be there, threads about everything, not just holidays.

Why should anyone complain? Just move on to the next topic if it bores you.

Looks like this month will loose money again.

There are several new automobile franchises opening up south of Pattaya on Sukhumvit Road. Perhaps you should choose a new line of work and/or invest in something outside the world of prostitution, alcohol and drugs? Best of luck.

Don't be so selfish, If you don't like bars and prostitution, that's fine, but don't start condemning others who do.

I don't go to bars, unless there is live music that I like, and do not drink or use prostitutes, but I have nothing against

those who do, unless of course they get drunk, and cause trouble.

wow one idiot on here, when you think that is funny ha ha ha ha, can take the piss out of a guy who has a bar, and will suffer loss of earnings, get a life you saddo,

Edited by mercman24