5 million baht worth of fake and smuggled liquor seized

snoop1130

5 million baht worth of fake and smuggled liquor seized

576_liqour-1-wpcf_728x409.jpg

About five million worth of smuggled and fake liquor were seized by Department of Special Investigation officials in 12 coordinated raids of warehouses in Bangkok recently.

DSI director-general Pol Col Paisit Charoenmuang disclosed that officials seized altogether 2,761 bottles of liquor of which 2,307 were smuggled authentic liquor and the rest fake liquor, also smuggled into the country from a neighbouring country.

He said that the packaging of the fake liquor looks so authentic that it is almost impossible for buyers to distinguish fake from authentic liquor.

He alleged that the store-owner who owns the seized liquor has been in liquor selling business for about 30 years in the Sao Chingcha area. But besides the authentic liquor which is displayed on the shelves in the store, he said that the store also sold smuggled and fake liquor.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/5-million-baht-worth-fake-smuggled-liquor-seized/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-13

so in others words, you thought you were drinking black label when in fact it was only 100 pipers... it must be a shock for the hiso wanabee.

In the last few weeks we did have the fake levis, fake orange juice, fake shampoo. Lets not forget the fake paracetamol( few years ago). Is there anything real here?

Edited by Bender

well they are making everything fake in China these days, rice, eggs, etc so I guess now Thailand is cosying up to China the locals are learning from them and making fake alcohol/beer, will make them fit in well with the chinese mantra

Edited by seajae

Maybe this is why alcohol in BKK always gives me headaches. I never have that in Europe.

Thai beer is crap IMO........I switched to Heinekin a while back.....but now I've just viewed a video of a fake Heinekin factory!.......

In the last few weeks we did have the fake levis, fake orange juice, fake shampoo. Lets not forget the fake paracetamol( few years ago). Is there anything real here?

You forgot ......... fake girls.

Edited by MissAndry

I know of some bars that pour cheap alcohol into bottles with better labels. The tip off is when you see the fill line too high at the beginning of the night. For this reason I have my own (real ) bottle in the place I frequent the most otherwise I will wake up with a miserable headache in the morning.

Maybe it's new in Thailand..

It was like that in 1990/91 in Hanoi , Vietnam;

all fake alcool coming by full trains from China ..

About me, it's not a problem, I don't drink alcool, no bier, no whisk(e)y, nothing like that;

( and I don't smoke also )cheesy.gif but clap2.gif ;

My purse and my health say everyday : thank u ATX

well they are making everything fake in China these days, rice, eggs, etc so I guess now Thailand is cosying up to China the locals are learning from them and making fake alcohol/beer, will make them fit in well with the chinese mantra

It clearly states that the fake liquor came from a neigbhouring country, not Thailand.

I always found it to be very difficult telling the difference between the genuine and fake product.

post-76988-0-45459400-1468460206_thumb.j

post-76988-0-46880900-1468460220_thumb.j

post-76988-0-87095900-1468460238_thumb.j

post-76988-0-16652600-1468460252_thumb.j

post-76988-0-00560000-1468460266_thumb.j

Still, I suppose the lesson would be to more aware of these cheap Scottish copies......................tongue.png

so in others words, you thought you were drinking black label when in fact it was only 100 pipers... it must be a shock for the hiso wanabee.

The woman, of course!

You forgot ......... fake girls.

Fake Cops,,,,,Fake Monks,,,,, Can think of a few more ,,,Write a book about it,,,

Maybe this is why alcohol in BKK always gives me headaches. I never have that in Europe.

I used to be on Chang a lot, but pretty much trying to avoid Thai beer these days, unless it's a social function and that's all there is.

Edited by mesterm

I know of some bars that pour cheap alcohol into bottles with better labels. The tip off is when you see the fill line too high at the beginning of the night. For this reason I have my own (real ) bottle in the place I frequent the most otherwise I will wake up with a miserable headache in the morning.

You don't think they're clever enough to drink your real stuff and refill it with their fake?

And when you go home,they poor half out,then top it back up to the line.Unless you drink the whole bottle.Take it with you when you go home.