Lomprayah pier near Chumphon to move to new location- when ?

nusanit24

Hi there,

I read somewhere that the Lomprayah pier for the Ko Tao ferry will move from its current location south of Chumphon to a small town, about 40 km north of Chumphon. I think, it's Pathiu, right next to the airport.

Does anybody have more information on that?

When will the new Lomprayah pier be completed and does anybody have the slightest idea on why Lomprayah decided to move ?

The new location near the town of Pathiu will be nearer to Bangkok, that's true, has a railway station, an airport and seems to have some hotels and guesthouses too, but is the shorter distance to Bangkok such an advantage that they build a new pier?

If you can provide a link or details on where you heard that, that would be great. I think FAME or Farang Bar would have more exact details.

I am aware of a newly build pier in Saphli that is supposed to be able to handle speedboat traffic.

Not sure if the entire Ko Tao service will move there or if it will just be an additional sattelite service. Makes sense that they do start some sort of tourism out of the new pier. Maybe it will not be late so often either if they use the new pier.

But that would be great news for people in Saphli. Maybe they will start the visa run pickup service again.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived