The "Form" has arrived in Chiang Mai from what I understand.

elgordo38

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the info they already have and some ? are optional.I would suggest that even the staff consider it a total waste of time. Imm is closed for 3 days starting next Monday,best to avoid the place if you can on the remaining 2 days

This brings up another question. Is mailing the form in with your 90 days still an option.??

It was a week ago for me.

Sorry let me rephrase that is the new form OK to mail in with the 90 day report?

Presumably, if you do 90 day reporting by mail or online you don't have a form to fill in, so they get you when you next visit immigration.

This brings up another question. Is mailing the form in with your 90 days still an option.??

It was a week ago for me.

Sorry let me rephrase that is the new form OK to mail in with the 90 day report?

Presumably, if you do 90 day reporting by mail or online you don't have a form to fill in, so they get you when you next visit immigration.

Hmm if that turns out to be the case they could be ready to sandbag you with a fine saying you did not include that form with your 90 day mail in. I can see agent's fees increasing as its one more piece of paperwork for them. Edited by elgordo38

I went down to Immigration the other day, grabbed 8 copies (4 for me, 4 for my wife,) and she mailed her 90-day report in this afternoon, including the new form. She left off a lot of stuff that was not required (no need for a bank account for a 90-day, she has no car, doesn't have an address in another country, doesn't hang out anywhere, etc., etc.)

Give us 10 days and I'll let you know if it worked.

I went down to Immigration the other day, grabbed 8 copies (4 for me, 4 for my wife,) and she mailed her 90-day report in this afternoon, including the new form. She left off a lot of stuff that was not required (no need for a bank account for a 90-day, she has no car, doesn't have an address in another country, doesn't hang out anywhere, etc., etc.)

Thanks a lot your a big help. I am sure there are lots more people interested.

I'm not so keen on giving away unnecessary information about where I eat, drink etc.,so I won't be filling in this form until someone tells me I must, which I Imagine will be when I extend my 1yr visa next year.

There seem to be mixed reports as to how compulsory it is and if you have to fill it in completely. Out of curiosity, I'd be interested to know what questions are on it.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

I'm not so keen on giving away unnecessary information about where I eat, drink etc.,so I won't be filling in this form until someone tells me I must, which I Imagine will be when I extend my 1yr visa next year.

There seem to be mixed reports as to how compulsory it is and if you have to fill it in completely. Out of curiosity, I'd be interested to know what questions are on it.

Don's Life In Thailand has a copy of it.

Have not seen it myself

This all seems very one link added at a time... while most will say...ah no biggie

it is only one more link...getting a little odd here wink.png

I tend to agree. A lot of personal information on there if one honestly fills it out. If their world class computer system is ever hacked well it will be out there for the world to see.

Have not seen it myself

This all seems very one link added at a time... while most will say...ah no biggie

it is only one more link...getting a little odd here wink.png

I tend to agree. A lot of personal information on there if one honestly fills it out. If their world class computer system is ever hacked well it will be out there for the world to see.

You can bet that it will be hacked sooner or later. However no need for data to leak out.

I'm sure that people who have access to this information will find a way to sell it.

For example, a list of expat phone numbers and e-mail addresses must be information of great value to advertising firms. Get ready to drown under spam.

Edited by Lannig

It is ridiculous to ask for another photograph. How many photos do they need?

They have a computer system with photos on that too.

If they are so obsessed as to what, where and what foreigners look like every 3 months,

why don't they just say foreigners cannot stay in Thailand longer than 2 weeks for a holiday?

Many other countries would be happy to see the color of foreigners money.

It states rather clearly on the top of the form just when it is necessary. It also seems pretty clear about which information is optional. There IS one question that might be confusing; the question about bank account information states 'required with some visa applications' rather than specifying which ones.

As many people today have 2-3 different e-mail accounts, if not 4-5, I don't foresee adding one made specifically for this form to be an invasion of my privacy. Same with a 100-baht sim card....

Letting the government have an emergency contact may be a good idea, what with so many foreigners jumping off condo balconies or getting beaten senseless by methed-up tuk-tuk drivers...

I'm not sure that this isn't Chiang Mai / Thailand Immigration gone mad.

From my cursory look at this form I don't see any of the "official" government logos or a designated form number (unlike those on the TM7 or TM 47) and resultantly don't know if the requirement to complete this document is compulsory or optional (especially if it hasn't been ratified by the required government legislation). Additionally, I can't see that anyone could be fined for not completing a form that hasn't been ratified by the required legislation.

Is there someone within the TV community (NancyL perhaps?) who might be able to speak to someone at Chiang Mai Immigration to provide some clarity on this issue?

Joe

Possibly there is a bit of over-reaction to this form. For example, if you own a scooter AND a car, all you have to do is put the scooter on the form. Same with bank accounts, only one required. Easy enough to open a new account with 500 baht in it and list that.

I find it hard to believe Immigration has the manpower to check where I am eating. I'm putting this down to pure bureaucratic nosiness.

I walked in yesterday to fulfill the 90-day reporting requirement. Due to a nagging back injury, I used the paid service to take care of it for me (THB 300; drop off new TM47 & passport; pay money; return 30-minutes later). The office had only one other customer when I arrived at 12:30 PM. They friendly lady asked me to fill in only that portion of the new form pertaining to my Thai wife's identity, our address and her own phone number. Nothing else, no photo, and a piece of cake. It seemed obvious to me that they were a bit ashamed in asking me to do this, but it wasn't a big deal. There's no need to get all lathered up over this admittedly dumb requirement.

Edited by Fore Man

It is now required for the 90 day report as well.

I did it this morning.

It is one sheet of paper printed on both sides full of intrusive questions.

Maybe everyone should answer the questions " Thai style"

" I don't know".

Yesterday I did 90-day report for myself and an invalid friend, no form was offered to me.

Also I still maintain that it is not an official "TM" form, I dispute it's legality The downloaded copy of this

form has NO TM number. I thought most if not all Immigration Forms are prefixed "TM", although could

be wrong?

Commo

This was Soi 5 Jomtien

Edited by Commogwinto

It is ridiculous to ask for another photograph. How many photos do they need?

They have a computer system with photos on that too.

If they are so obsessed as to what, where and what foreigners look like every 3 months,

why don't they just say foreigners cannot stay in Thailand longer than 2 weeks for a holiday?

Many other countries would be happy to see the color of foreigners money.

Nice way to treat their "guests" isn't it? We are treated like criminals yet the "we are guests in this country" brigade still seem to have many members.