The "Form" has arrived in Chiang Mai from what I understand.

elgordo38

It's my guess that they will soon require it be submitted with EVERY visit to Immigration. They don't care about the paperwork. While in there last month I noticed several waist-high stacks of bundles of filled applications, neatly tied in 6" thick bundles. The pile was at least a meter wide leaning against the wall, and stacked 3-4 deep, waist high. Thousands upon thousands of filled application forms... awaiting.... what?

...... not to be wasted, but to be sold, I guess.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my guess that they will soon require it be submitted with EVERY visit to Immigration. They don't care about the paperwork. While in there last month I noticed several waist-high stacks of bundles of filled applications, neatly tied in 6" thick bundles. The pile was at least a meter wide leaning against the wall, and stacked 3-4 deep, waist high. Thousands upon thousands of filled application forms... awaiting.... what?

...... not to be wasted, but to be sold, I guess.

When will someone do something about the scandal of them re-cycling this paper by cutting it up and using it as note-paper? All that personal information is an identity thief's dream come true.

I'd love to see their manual on Data Protection. Something to bear in mind for those people falling over themselves to be finger-printed to get the little pink cards or those adopting a 'what's all the fuss about' attitude to this latest attempt at monitoring us.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

OK, the good folks at the CCCC Classifieds Team have updated the form to eliminate a field that was specific to a different region and have a PDF version HERE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxSGYuI6fMQiTThfRW9XbFB3ZzJnemVuN1hRUWlaeV9md09z/view

What is the CCCC?

From acronymfinder.com:

Chiangmai Christian Community Classifieds. Here is their most recent edition: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHRLY3gUHs4xBGsUVlls-pnC4ofgODx-bkTN270g47I/pub

This idea that, "They suggest that the purpose is indeed similar to the purpose of our Embassy's consular section services, i.e. to locate us and our emergency contacts in time of emergency," presupposes that we want this "service."

If I need someone to be notified, I have friends to do that, and immigration has my passport number and my bank details.

This is simply a way to cover their real intent to keep track of everything we do, as much as possible. Unless it's for the 800,000 baht retirement visa hostage money, they have no right to know anything about my finances.

Likewise they have no right to know what car I drive and my licence plate number. If they really want to know that, they can go to the Department of Land Transport and look it up.

It seems to me that unless this document has been ratified officially by whatever ranking department/official is responsible for codifying what is an actual requirement for staying in Thailand, there is no reason to comply with this form whatsoever.

This idea that, "They suggest that the purpose is indeed similar to the purpose of our Embassy's consular section services, i.e. to locate us and our emergency contacts in time of emergency," presupposes that we want this "service."

If I need someone to be notified, I have friends to do that, and immigration has my passport number and my bank details.

This is simply a way to cover their real intent to keep track of everything we do, as much as possible. Unless it's for the 800,000 baht retirement visa hostage money, they have no right to know anything about my finances.

Likewise they have no right to know what car I drive and my license plate number. If they really want to know that, they can go to the Department of Land Transport and look it up.

It seems to me that unless this document has been ratified officially by whatever ranking department/official is responsible for codifying what is an actual requirement for staying in Thailand, there is no reason to comply with this form whatsoever.

In a nutshell this is basically how I felt about it when I first heard a few months back? that it was coming....

Also I recall who ever it was coming from up high claiming.....it was all to do with National Security?

I even remember someone laughing & saying...Oh no local/Thai terrorist then?

The whole thing is weird & as others have noted paper is thru the roof already & also carelessly being recycled & freely given out to others

on the back of other printed forms or scrap paper etc

I forget what i recently got from them...but on the back of it was a Japanese man's clear as day passport pic & info

The whole thing smacks :(

according to your post on this thread

you are hightailing it , out of this country

why all the fuss??? besides you will be missing out

on all the fun!!!

True we are headed out...not sure if returning to live or not...visit 100% surely

But...No fuss just noting the craziness....I mean it is not like anything surprises anymore as TIT

But odd in many ways & when coupled with what has basically become a dictatorship it does tend to ring a few bells too.

Fun? not sure about that one but not extremely hard either (especially if using an agent) but just questionable....As usual only

real answer is the standard answer ....Why ask why 5555 served me well here in the past ;)

I agree completely with Chiengmaijoe, however I will bite the bullet, fill out the form and supply a copy to Assist Thai Visa if they require it. But I do have one question, why on earth would anyone need the names of my parents who have been deceased for decades?

I was wondering about the parent info too. I guess it'll be another 'Don't know' reply.

I agree completely with Chiengmaijoe, however I will bite the bullet, fill out the form and supply a copy to Assist Thai Visa if they require it. But I do have one question, why on earth would anyone need the names of my parents who have been deceased for decades?

I was wondering about the parent info too. I guess it'll be another 'Don't know' reply.

Been answered ... by me.

For the record, ID is only confirmed with multiple checks and balances ... eg. parents names. Living or deceased.

on all the fun!!!

True we are headed out...not sure if returning to live or not...visit 100% surely

But...No fuss just noting the craziness....I mean it is not like anything surprises anymore as TIT

But odd in many ways & when coupled with what has basically become a dictatorship it does tend to ring a few bells too.

Fun? not sure about that one but not extremely hard either (especially if using an agent) but just questionable....As usual only

real answer is the standard answer ....Why ask why 5555 served me well here in the past wink.png

First ..Paragraph..., both have a safe trip back home,and very best of luck, thrown in too

Second Paragraph..Dictatorship???give E/S a break!!!!

Last Paragraph...,Simply the letter of the law here , Respect it, and plenty of 55555 will follow, as you have posted

its A Whole Lot Of Love, Led Zeppelin ,good evening to all my readerssmile.png

Edited by evenstevens

on all the fun!!!

real answer is the standard answer ....Why ask why 5555 served me well here in the past wink.png

First ..Paragraph..., both have a safe trip back home,and very best of luck, thrown in too

Second Paragraph..Dictatorship???give E/S a break!!!!

Last Paragraph...,Simply the letter of the law here , Respect it, and plenty of 55555 will follow, as you have posted

its A Whole Lot Of Love, Led Zeppelin ,good evening to all my readerssmile.png

2nd line "Dictatorship???give E/S a break!!!!"

But I did in fact say..."when coupled with what has basically become a dictatorship"

Or do you prefer this thing they call what ever it is they call it wink.png Is that better?

Basically I see a Junta turned dictatorship when the Junta head man installs himself as the un_elected PM of the country

Where same man has weekly TV talks & gives his detractors what do they call it? Attitude Adjustments? 555

I admit I sometimes get a kick out of how he talks to reporters though wink.png

I guess you could continue to call it a Junta or a military dictatorship if you like...But I think most see it now as a run by 1 show.

Junta...."a military or political group that rules a country after taking power by force."

Dictator...."A ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained control by force."

Perhaps you balk at the term dictatorship because you associate it with cruelty?

But there could be benevolent dictators too...have not personally know any...but in the end Tomato/Tomatoe

Last Line..."good evening to all my readers"

555 Now THIS is a gimme a break moment wink.png

Edited by mania

thks for your return post

as polictics is not my forte at all, particular Thailand, E/S wishes to gallopp on

cobber, perhaps on your return to the States,u could give the forum a update on how you cope with the move back,me thinks that would be nice

the following is just for you!!!

its a cracker jack, good morning to all my adoring fans, on the c/mai forumsmile.png

as polictics is not my forte at all, particular Thailand, E/S wishes to gallopp on

cobber, perhaps on your return to the States,u could give the forum a update on how you cope with the move back,me thinks that would be nice

its a cracker jack, good morning to all my adoring fans, on the c/mai forumsmile.png

Thanks for the good-natured contradiction.

I'm feeling better for the laugh.

​Ride si sapis ​said Martial - no wisdom without mirth; especially here in the Land of Smiles.

A return to Farangland is the perfect solution for the malcontents who feel oppressed by the government.

My wife's 90-day report form arrived the other day. Although she mailed it with a photo having a blue background (instead of the white one stated on the form - we didn't notice the change until after it was made) and with only the bare minimum information filled in.

Immigration accepted it, processed it, and returned her statement for the next due date.

They did not include a new application nor Information form along with the statement.

My wife's 90-day report form arrived the other day. Although she mailed it with a photo having a blue background (instead of the white one stated on the form - we didn't notice the change until after it was made) and with only the bare minimum information filled in.

Immigration accepted it, processed it, and returned her statement for the next due date.

They did not include a new application nor Information form along with the statement.

Is there a new 90 report form that requires a photo? Or did you mail this information form with the 90 day report and that is the form that stated anything about a photo?

Edited by hml367

Hahah well I think it might be a boring status report on my return.

Although we do live in a beautiful mountain area there& do like it a lot...

I also have loved my years here in Thailand & will miss many things especially food & family

But as I said we have a home & family there too ...But... it is not in our case anyway as

DaddyWarbucks said ...."A return to Farangland is the perfect solution for the malcontents who feel oppressed by the government."

We are going because we have some things to take care of there & of course will return here to visit or live again I'm sure

We do have a home here too :)

I only ever said the "official tasks" involved in staying here is not something we will miss while gone & timing wise we dont mind.

PS: I like the cracker jack part too 555 :)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this news makes the form seem trivial

Plan to track all foreigners - NOT JUST TOURISTS - by SIM cards moves forward

Well we have been back in our Non Thai house a week now & as I told evenstevens in my last post only a boring status report :)

Area is extremely clean...I mean streets land, air, water etc

Water & air is especially noticeable in our case as the CM water would give our bath tub a black tinge in a few days etc

Air is crisp & clean

Food prices mostly higher if eating out but quality is also higher...Of course anything imported to Thailand would be higher than here.

Like good beef, good beer etc. Market prices here are hard to judge as things are not the same

But Veggies are more here...Fruits I think are less

But eating out is way more price wise

We can offset that by cooking at home as we live 30 miles/ 48km from town anyway in the mountains

We have been on a bit of a Beef Steak rage the 1st week eating it probably 3 - 4 nights

A couple of really nice NY Steaks runs about $7 so 240 baht or so? for 2 steaks large steaks

Cell phone planes are nuts high & they claimed my Samsung Smart Phone wont work here ...BS....

So  I found a company called LycaMobile

For $19 a month / 660 baht so actually more than I use to pay there in Thailand ( about 3-400baht)

But unlimited talk & text here + 100mb data which I dont use as I have free wifi mostly

BUT.... I can call Thailand free (8 countries of which Thai was one) so wife is very happy to speak with family there

for cheaper than when we lived here 5 years ago when it was 2cents a minute to call

Gas a bit less price @ $2.29 a gallon or roughly 20 baht a liter I think

Internet...High speed 100mb DL  speeds $29 a month so 1000 baht instead of the 640 or so we

paid 3BB there but of course waaaay faster

Electric I am expecting will be much higher as in CM we averaged under 2000 baht/$60

Overall a nice change I guess but I miss the alive feeling of CM & the food +

my CM life in general + The lovely Thai friends we have there

I am sure we will return & hopefully in a year or less

I am glad I came back to visit the kids etc & the house can use some maintenance

so it all good..I guess

But I would be lying if I did not say I had such a heavy heart leaving CM

which is very dear to us

Enjoy ;)