Can't open Google on True.

petedk

It sounds strange but I cannot open Google using True Internet. Nothing happens!

I've tried on several computers and wifi on my phone. As soon as I turn wifi off and use AIS 4G I can open Google.

I have also noticed that Thai Visa is incredibly slow in opening and down in the bottom right hand corner of my monitor I get a "connecting to Google" or "connecting to Google syndicate ads" and it just hangs there.

A few weeks ago I had problems connecting to another website using True. I called True and they fixed it. I guess I will do the same agai.

The reason I am posting this is to ask if anyone knows why? Is anything going on? Here I mean monitoring, censoring, one gateway or whatever. Or is it just a technical issue?

Indeed just tried and Google can not even find "APPLE" using True DNS servers - change to VPN and no issue. Appears TRUE has DNS issues - which you might be able to solve by change to Google 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 if you do not have VPN access.

I am currently using an aircard from True and can access any website I want without problems (be it that there is room for improvement w.r.t. the speed of data transmission).

My girlfriend uses true 4G and no problems there.

I use AIS and no problems but when I swith to True Wifi (we use High Speed Cable) then I have the problems.

I'll try changing DNS Servers

I'm on True and no problems getting to google. But also not using True's DNS, I's set to google (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4)

However, for slow page loading on ThaiVisa, yes I agree with you completely. Horrendously slow some times.

Uhm

I just spoke to True. Sorry. but I am not so technical minded.

True asked me to change my settings to a manual proxy configuration and type in: proxy.trueinternet.co.th

It worked immediately!

Edit: A couple of minutes later I tried Thai Visa and that is much faster too

Edited by petedk

Uhm

I just spoke to True. Sorry. but I am not so technical minded.

True asked me to change my settings to a manual proxy configuration and type in: proxy.trueinternet.co.th

It worked immediately!

Edit: A couple of minutes later I tried Thai Visa and that is much faster too

True has another proxy named: proxy.asianet.co.th

Use Port 8080 just as with the proxy.trueinternet.co.th

Use of the proxy can sometimes solve issues but shouldn't be needed if all things are operating normally.

I am currently using an aircard from True and can access any website I want without problems (be it that there is room for improvement w.r.t. the speed of data transmission).

My girlfriend uses true 4G and no problems there.

I use AIS and no problems but when I swith to True Wifi (we use High Speed Cable) then I have the problems.

I'll try changing DNS Servers

If not wanting to use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4 you might want to give OpenDNS a try: 208.67.222.222 and/or 208.67.220.220.

For Thailand Google DNS will be a tad faster than OpenDNS based on testing I've done over the years, to include very recently using a couple of different DSN benchmarking programs. However, your ISP's DNS will almost always be the fastest assuming it can reach all sites you want to go to.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2016 at 9:42 PM, Pib said:

If not wanting to use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4 you might want to give OpenDNS a try: 208.67.222.222 and/or 208.67.220.220.

For Thailand Google DNS will be a tad faster than OpenDNS based on testing I've done over the years, to include very recently using a couple of different DSN benchmarking programs. However, your ISP's DNS will almost always be the fastest assuming it can reach all sites you want to go to.

Uhm. I am back.

After changing my setting to a proxy server, my VPN stopped working. Changed back to "no proxy" and the VPN works but without VPN I cannot open Google.

I guess I am forced to use a VPN all the time.

On another note: I tried to open my router to change the wifi password but nothing happened, so again I called True.

They said it can only be done by them. What the <deleted>. It seems that have blocked access to the router.

Yea, I've never been able to get VPN to work via proxy either.   But above DNSs for Google and OpenDNS are not proxy servers; they are DNS servers.  You didn't enter above DNS numbers as a proxy server did you?   If you did, they will not work.  You need to enter them as your DNS providers.

I could access my True router setting no problem when I still had True service...now I'm with AIS Fibre.

Edited by Pib