cbr 250rr

moe666

Will it be sold through the Big Wing branches at a set price and serviced by somewhat competent mechanics?

Or will it be sold like the CBR250 in normal Honda dealerships at an advertised price, but the dealers refuse to sell it unless paying 20% more and have 'mechanics' working on it that don't know how to screw on a tire valve cap?

If it's a 251+ cc bike it will be Big-Wings, which it seems it will be.

Well the CB®300 is not sold by Bigwing as currently they don't sell anything less than 500cc or even service them. (Correct me if I'm wrong on the service side)

This new RR is a nice looking bike and should have good specs. It will be interesting to see if it can match the Ninja or R3 with 50CCs less. If they sell it here with a 300-350cc engine it could be a winner. But like HG says, if there are only high street mechanics to service it, (like the R3) then it could be a downer for some. Say what you like about Kawasaki, but their service centres are very good.

Will it be sold through the Big Wing branches at a set price and serviced by somewhat competent mechanics?

Or will it be sold like the CBR250 in normal Honda dealerships at an advertised price, but the dealers refuse to sell it unless paying 20% more and have 'mechanics' working on it that don't know how to screw on a tire valve cap?

The 286cc single cylinder is sold as a CBR300 at regular Honda dealers.

Well the CB®300 is not sold by Bigwing as currently they don't sell anything less than 500cc or even service them.

The 471cc CBR, CBF and CBX are sold and serviced only at Big Wing.

Probably 50% of their sales and servicing is for less than 500cc models.

Well the CB®300 is not sold by Bigwing as currently they don't sell anything less than 500cc or even service them. (Correct me if I'm wrong on the service side)

This new RR is a nice looking bike and should have good specs. It will be interesting to see if it can match the Ninja or R3 with 50CCs less. If they sell it here with a 300-350cc engine it could be a winner. But like HG says, if there are only high street mechanics to service it, (like the R3) then it could be a downer for some. Say what you like about Kawasaki, but their service centres are very good.

My friend has a CBR 150 that can run circles around my CB300F and my other friend's Ninja 250. Up to about 120 kmh anyway.

My bad, the correct number is 287cc. And it seems the cbr250rr is going to be exclusive to Indonesia, rest of the world will get cbr300rr or cbr350rr (depending on how they wanna round those numbers, "three hundred and fifty double arrrrrrrr" just sounds so much better) which isn't even in production yet, from what i heard the earliest likely date for the global 300-350 "light-weight-supersport" is Q1 2017.

My bad, the correct number is 287cc. And it seems the cbr250rr is going to be exclusive to Indonesia, rest of the world will get cbr300rr or cbr350rr (depending on how they wanna round those numbers, "three hundred and fifty double arrrrrrrr" just sounds so much better) which isn't even in production yet, from what i heard the earliest likely date for the global 300-350 "light-weight-supersport" is Q1 2017.

I don't know about the "light-weight supersport thing"....

I think it will be more of an "entry level commuter bike with fairings"........ just as the CBR650F is nothing like the CBR600RR which 'is' a Supersport. The big deal for Honda is that they are just making it a twin instead of a single..... which they themselves have admitted they should have done in the beginning.

Still, hopefully I will be proved wrong!

Presuming the rumors are correct of the American/EU version being 350cc, it's obviously geared to smack the R3 and Ninja 300 right in the mouth - aggressive styling, decent components as stock (by the looks of things), if priced similar it will certainly steal a lot sales.

Indo having a 250cc version makes you wonder about the piston/cylinders. When they kept the Ninja250 they just kept using those engines while the RoW used the new 300cc.

So what with this, are they going to manufacture two separate engines, or presumable sleeve one down or bore one up.

Archived