Honda Phantom

pietk

Hello, i will buy a new Honda Phantom motorcycle. There are a lot of Honda shops in town, but i have now experiens with it.

Buying is not the problem, you can do it everywhere but if they give a good after sales i prefer that.

anyone experience?

Thanks in adavnce, Piet

I only know of two master dealerships who are likely to have one in stock: Niyom Panich on Hang Dong road before you get to Airport Plaza intersection, and its sister or cousin Saha Panich on Sotana Road in Changpuak. There's a fair sized dealership on Huay Kaew between Rim Come and the canal road, but I've only ever seen scooters there. That's all I can think of.

PeaceBlondie, thanks for your quick answer. I think you mean the bike shop in the street where also is the Japanese ambassy, from the airport plaza to the north. It's behind a auto dealer i think, in the beginning of the street.

I go to there and see what they can do.

PietK

If you buy a mini chopper Niyom would be a good choice ..

but any other bike .. like a Those common rider using ..

you can get it from alot of other shop .. NIyom charge higher for all the repair ..

. i once change a CDI for my honda cost me 700baht ..

but a local store would only cost . 400 baht ..

not that the CDI spoil easily .. ove rthe last 5 years my CDI only spoil once .

and i did change it at Niyom .near the Thapae gate ..

all my other service is done at small workshop around the town ..

Must be carful .. some workshop is rip off ..

while some is good .. that you need to find out slowly ..

i know a few workshop that give me good service for my motorcycle ..

if you need direction pm me .

Hi there

I was in same position earlier this year - I shopped around Chinaand there are two dealers (one near airport plaza) and one on the Huay Kuea road (and I know I am spelling it wrongly). I got the best price and service from the Honda dealer on Huay Kuea Road – location is on the left North of the junction of super highway and HKR on way to Doi Suthep – but before Canal Road junction – look for big vertical Honda sign - there is a lady (one of the sales managers) who speaks very good English and also offered a price lower than the dealership near airport plaza ( where no one seems to speak English). The bike has been back for service there and service is good, prompt, and cheap.

I bought the bike from the dealer at HK Road then took it to Chiang Mai Big Bike Shop - again near airport plaza – can give you directions and contact - - who did a paint job on it and fitted panniers (side boxes) - this shop is run by a Khun Pippet - great bloke - seems straight as a die and his service and prices are very reasonable.

Recommendations:

• Get standard bike

• Fit side panniers (great when you are touring or shopping) avoid leather side bags - posing bags and carry very little

• Fit Crash bar - not Honda accessories offer - it's too flimsy - fir "real crash bar" - see Khun Pippet

• Replace the Head light if there is any likelihood of you riding the bike after dark / poorly lit Road. the standard Honda Headlight is a 30watt useless appendage - I got Khun Pippet to fit a 60wat replacement headlight - and the difference was illuminating - - I now feel safe riding at night - I didn't before.

Probably all up with Paint Job, panniers, new headlight and new horn (standard is weak noise) still leaves me with change from 100k.

You can see photo of Phantom in picture file attached (haven't figured out how to get pic into text)

If this helps and you want any more info – you can email me via Thai Visa .com

Or let me have your contact details

In use, the bike is more than adequate - it will not out perform the buzz machines which will generally beat you at light and swarm around you - but I wouldn't want to go to Fang and back on a Honda Wave!! But I did go to Fang on the Phantom. Last weekend the Phantom went up to top of Doi Ithanon with two up... it struggled near the top - but unless you are going to ride a 600 cc or Harley up there you are going to have a struggle on the 1 in 6 hill climb at the top.

I use it in preference to the car – much easier to park, and inexpensive to run,

B

post-38392-1164535551_thumb.jpg

Hello, I have bought a new honda phantom. Thanks everyone for advice.

At first i have been to Niyom Panich near the airport plaza, but the same as Batami there wasn't anybody how speak englisch. A day later i go back with a friend and his wife who is a Thai woman.

I ask what the promotion was, the answer from the salesman was nothing. On my question if he can reduce the price, the answer was no. So for my it was over there. I must say it is a western like garage and i like it. But i dont like the salesman, sorry.

Next day i go to sahapanich, Chotana road, and they will reduce the price and give promotion. The bike was in stock and the next day it was ready. The price was much better and the salesman sales with the Thai smile, and i like that. The service, i dont know, must wait when i must go for the first time to change oil.

Sorry for my bad English, but i did my best.

PietK

Congrats. I took my Thai partner when I bought the CBR150 at Niyom Panich by Airport Plaza, and got maybe 1,800 baht off the list price, plus cheap helmet and jacket. I think you'll find the registration and first year insurance were included in your purchase price, and maybe the 1,000 km checkup.