90 Day Report processed or not?

My latest 90 Day report was due on 19th July. In anticipation of the long holidays including this date I filed a report by post, sending it EMS on Tuesday, 12th. My SAE (return envelope) had only the ordinary Thai postage stamp but as I write it hasn't arrived.

How can I tell if it has been processed? Once I know it has my stress levels reduce and I wait with patience for the slip to arrive.

My official office to report is Chiang Mai but right now I am in Surat Thani. To prevent the problem for some reason that the process has not been completed, I feel that on Monday, with one day of the grace period remaining, I go to the Surat Immigration Office and try to do it there. Yes, I have copies of the original slip in my iPad and in print form.

Suggestions as to my best options will be appreciated. Thank you.

What does EMS tracking say for the letter sent to the office? Delivered when?

The return envelope is addressed to your Chiang Mai domicile?

Who or when was the post box checked last time?

Surat Thani will probably refuse to do anything.

Since long the 90 day report is only processed at the office responsible for your home address.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have applied for the 90 day from my home address in Chiang Mai. My return envelope hasn't arrived there. I just happen to be in Surat now with no plan to return to Chiang mai in the next few days.

I haven't checked if it actually arrived, I have never done this and always assumed it arrived. My Post office receipt I have but not sure how to check. Where do I go? On the receipt there looks like a Tracking number with seven digits - is that the one? If so, do I need to go to a website or the Post Office?

Thank you for your time

Don't worry some offices process it quickly, others slowly. My last two receipts with my new reporting dates were counted from the date the office processed them, confusing me at first with reporting times seemingly shortened. They did not count the 90 days from the 90 day date, on the notice.

I have applied for the 90 day from my home address in Chiang Mai. My return envelope hasn't arrived there. I just happen to be in Surat now with no plan to return to Chiang mai in the next few days.

I haven't checked if it actually arrived, I have never done this and always assumed it arrived. My Post office receipt I have but not sure how to check. Where do I go? On the receipt there looks like a Tracking number with seven digits - is that the one? If so, do I need to go to a website or the Post Office?

Thank you for your time

Enter the full tracking ID here

http://track.thailandpost.com/tracking/default.aspx?lang=en

and move the slider.

Tracking ID is found on the slip as shown here:

receipt.gif

Keep the slip (do a copy),

Worst that could happen is 2000 Baht fine.

No other sanctions.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thank you for your time

EMS tracking site is here. http://track.thailandpost.com/tracking/default.aspx

It is probably to early to expect that the report receipt would of been received yet at your home since immigration and the post office was closed for 5 of the days since your sent it.

You may of been late sending it to CM immigration. Info here states it should be sent 15 days early. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

If there is national computer database relating to foreigners and their Immigration history, Can the Surat Office tell me if my 90 day processing has occurred in Chiang Mai?

The 90 day report records are only kept at the office where you do your reports.

Thank you for your time

Enter the full tracking ID here

http://track.thailandpost.com/tracking/default.aspx?lang=en

and move the slider.

Tracking ID is found on the slip as shown here:

receipt.gif

Keep the slip (do a copy),

Worst that could happen is 2000 Baht fine.

No other sanctions.

yes, I did as you suggested, it arrived in the afternoon of 14th in plenty of time for processing before the holiday. Thank you so much for your help. Now I need to know if they DID process it!

If there is national computer database relating to foreigners and their Immigration history, Can the Surat Office tell me if my 90 day processing has occurred in Chiang Mai?

The 90 day report records are only kept at the office where you do your reports.

Thank you Joe,

If there was a problem with processing, would the Office contact me and advise me? For example if I forgot to enclose all the correct information. They have my email address and personal mobile number.

Phone the Immigration office and ask them.

The one time mine (Nonthaubri) didn't come back in time, My Thai wife phone them and ask.

And Nonthaburi Immigration look in the IT system, and told her they post it day before we call, so on the way.

It can give you some peace in mind to know every thing is fine...

Kindly.

I always use EMS return , so you can track the mail.

It is worth the 13 baht extra !

You are right, I should have done that. I have done it before and I know it makes sense.

I am getting old:

How can you rely on a man who has started to confuse shaving cream with toothpaste and can't get the top off his yoghurt?

I can advise that I received my envelope with the content of goodies as evidence I am fine for another 90 days.

Thank you for all those who contributed to this thread, in particular those who were positive about the outcome.

Regards to all Chris

• Like 2