Germany blast: Ansbach bar explosion 'leaves one dead'

webfact

Germany blast: Ansbach bar explosion 'leaves one dead'

ANSBACH; -- An explosion at a bar in the southern German city of Ansbach, near Nuremberg, has killed one person and injured at least 11 others, reports say.

There are conflicting reports about the cause, although the city's mayor is quoted as saying it was an "explosive device".

Police have sealed off the area around Eugene's Wine Bar, the Nordbayern.de news website reported.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36880758

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-07-25

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to Suddeutsche Zeitung, the explosion happened in front of the wine bar - not far from the entrance of a music festival.

More than 2,000 people were evacuated from that event, which has now been cancelled.

http://news.sky.com/story/one-dead-after-blast-outside-german-wine-bar-10511772

Hopefully premature detonation that possibly saved 100's of lives.

Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

According to Suddeutsche Zeitung, the explosion happened in front of the wine bar - not far from the entrance of a music festival.

More than 2,000 people were evacuated from that event, which has now been cancelled.

http://news.sky.com/story/one-dead-after-blast-outside-german-wine-bar-10511772

Hopefully premature detonation that possibly saved 100's of lives.

Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

I too think it was a lucky escape. How many more crazies are on the loose?

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Police: Man, likely attacker, dies in explosion in Germany

BERLIN (AP) — Police in the southern German city of Ansbach said Monday a man was killed when an explosive device he was believed to be carrying went off near an open-air music festival, injuring 10 others.

Ansbach police said in a statement that just after 10 p.m. Sunday they were alerted to an explosion in the city center.

"A man, according to our current knowledge the perpetrator, died" in the blast they said in the short statement. Further details weren't immediately available and they did not pick up their telephone lines.

The dpa news agency reported that the nearby open-air concert with some 2,500 in attendance was shut down as a precaution after the explosion.

The city's mayor, Carda Seidel, told reporters that an "explosive device" blew up in the city center but provided few other details.

The Bavarian Interior Ministry told dpa that it appeared to possibly be a bombing attack, saying that there was evidence that there was a "deliberate explosion."

The website for a group of local newspapers, nordbayern.de, reported that none of the 10 injured were in life-threatening condition.

Germany, and Bavaria in particular, are on edge after a deadly rampage at a Munich mall on Friday in which nine people were killed and an ax attack on a train near Wuerzburg last Monday in which five people were wounded.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-07-25

Yeah, I agree, sounds like a premature detonation. I can just imagine all the guys, fingers poised over the keyboards, waiting for the nationality/ethnicity to be revealed. C'mon, German authorities, stop keeping us in suspense.

Yeah, I agree, sounds like a premature detonation. I can just imagine all the guys, fingers poised over the keyboards, waiting for the nationality/ethnicity to be revealed. C'mon, German authorities, stop keeping us in suspense.

Nationality: German Ethnicity: Not deemed relevant Religion: Not deemed relevant ;)

It's music festival-time in Europe, especially in the Netherlands where tens of thousands gather at huge electronic dance music festivals each summer.

Where better to cause terror than at such a happening where tens of thousands immoral, sexually provoking, alcoholic, drug-abusing infidels gather to dance to tribal sounds played by some guy on a stage who they seem to worship more than the almighty allah.

It's a fiasco waiting to happen.

In the 70's, 80's and 90's the IRA had few dozen terror cells in Britain and then compare that with the sheer numbers of Muslims communities in the Europe , then almost certainly there are many cells of radical Islamists, who are being harboured and defended within these communities.

Just a thought but I, personally, don't think crying "Wolf" (Jihadist) and "ranting" whenever there's an incident involving a Moslem helps much, it takes away from the impact when we have a real terrorist incident, as this could well be, and maybe justifies a bit of ranting. I think we need to distinguish between crazy Moslem people and ideologically inspired Moslem terrorists. I'm, of course, thinking of the recent pistol wielding Iranian and machete wielding Syrian.

Germany is stuffed, they let the hordes of barbarians in now there is no turning back

very sad situation indeed......brexit is starting to look extremely good right now

Yes, Thankfully the UK is out of Merkel's world as another experiment fails.

ANSBACH, Germany (AP) - Bavaria's top security official says Ansbach attacker a 27-year-old Syrian who had been denied asylum.

It's a duck!! Who would've thunk rolleyes.gif

Denied asylum apparently but allowed to stay because of the war in Syria and living in accommodation supplied by the local authorities. It's also said he was refused entry to the music festival.

Apart from anything else doesn't those in power in Europe realise being denied asylum in't going to go down well so why not get rid of them asap ?

He was refused entry to the festival. He was a failed asylum applicant, but given temporary permission to stay, he lived in a state funded flat. From BBC

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

In the 70's, 80's and 90's the IRA had few dozen terror cells in Britain and then compare that with the sheer numbers of Muslims communities in the Europe , then almost certainly there are many cells of radical Islamists, who are being harboured and defended within these communities.

In Britain the very last to comment on incidents involving Muslims are the main Muslim representative bodies.

Germany is stuffed, they let the hordes of barbarians in now there is no turning back

And all Angie will be worried about is her reputation and political future. I would think her party must be on the point of ditching her she's an election liability.

Police: Bavarian official says attacker was denied asylum
HAKAN KAPLAN, Associated Press
DAVID RISING, Associated Press

ANSBACH, Germany (AP) — A man who blew himself up and injured 12 people after being turned away from an open-air music festival was a 27-year-old Syrian who had been denied asylum, Bavaria's top security official said early Monday.

"We don't know if this man planned on suicide or if he had the intention of killing others," Bavarian interior minister Joachim Herrmann said.

He added that the man's request for asylum was rejected a year ago, but he was allowed to remain in Germany on account of the situation in Syria.

Three of the 12 victims suffered serious injuries, Herrmann said.

A spokesman for the prosecutor's office in Ansbach said the attacker's motive wasn't clear.

"If there is an Islamist link or not is purely speculation at this point," said the spokesman, Michael Schrotberger.

The explosion in the southern German state came just two days after a man went on a deadly rampage at a Munich mall, killing nine people, and after an ax attack on a train near Wuerzburg last Monday wounded five.

Authorities said they were alerted to an explosion in the city's center shortly after 10 p.m. on Sunday.

The open-air concert with about 2,500 in attendance was shut down as a precaution after the explosion.

Germany, and Bavaria in particular, have been on edge following the attacks in Munich and on the train, which in turn came shortly after a Tunisian man in a truck killed 84 people when he plowed through a festive crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, on the French Riviera.

Bavarian public broadcaster Bayerische Rundfunk reported that about 200 police officers and 350 rescue personnel were brought in following the explosion in Ansbach.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-07-25

I think we need to distinguish between crazy Moslem people and ideologically inspired Muslim terrorists.

. Nonsense. They are ALL crazy. Who else would believe that you go to heaven for killing innocent people? Edited by Ulysses G.

I wonder what the explosive substance was, that could tell us a lot. Anyway, definitely the real thing, no fudging on this one. Big, big problem for Germany and, unlike France, with her large historically derived North African population, self-inflicted.