Buying A 2nd Hand Motorbike

MattFS218

One big advantage in bying a bike compared to renting is that you can then get a good insurance.

The insurances offered by the rental companies are "self insurances" where they accept some of the cost in the case of theft or damage.

If you buy a bike you can get something more comprehensive for a few hundred bath, no insurance company will insure a rental bike.

ut if you are thinking of picking up chicks, they arent gonna be impressed when you turn up on some old clunker that their granny recently sold. Thai people are VERY materialistic, in my short experience anyway.

summat and go chase some tail.

ah, of course. Someone posts about coming to Thailand for three months so they must be looking for "chicks" :o

Actually i did say "if" you are coming to Thailand and thinking of picking up chicks...

Not, you "must" be coming to thailand to pick up chicks

There is a difference.

Surprisingly, some people do come to thailand to pick up chicks. Go figure !!

One big advantage in bying a bike compared to renting is that you can then get a good insurance.

The insurances offered by the rental companies are "self insurances" where they accept some of the cost in the case of theft or damage.

If you buy a bike you can get something more comprehensive for a few hundred bath, no insurance company will insure a rental bike.

zzz where did you get your insurance from? Do you know what the better insurance is called in Thai? I just went to a local "highstreet" insurance shop and bought bike insurance. to be honest, i thought there was only one class of insurance. It only cost me a couple of hundred baht.

I'm still renting but looking to buy a bike so could not get an insurance. What the rental shop offered was just something basic to cover theft and damages to the bike.

I did have a look at an insurance brooker and they offered insurance for bike owners, the coverage was:

Third party bodily injury or death: 200,000/person 10,000,000/accident

Third party property damage: 400,000/occurance

Personal accident driver: 10,000/person

Medical expenses driver: 10,000/person

Bail Bond: 200,000/occurence

Deductable: 500/claim

Cost 3,105 to 3,317 per year depending size of bike.

The brooker I checked with was PCD Consultants in Pattaya, they represented Thai Zurich Insurance Co and QBE Insurance Co. Similar coverage and costs.

email: [email protected]

Ph: 038-422-825

Not sure if they have any offices outside Pattaya.

I'm still renting but looking to buy a bike so could not get an insurance. What the rental shop offered was just something basic to cover theft and damages to the bike.

I did have a look at an insurance brooker and they offered insurance for bike owners, the coverage was:

Third party bodily injury or death: 200,000/person 10,000,000/accident

Third party property damage: 400,000/occurance

Personal accident driver: 10,000/person

Medical expenses driver: 10,000/person

Bail Bond: 200,000/occurence

Deductable: 500/claim

Cost 3,105 to 3,317 per year depending size of bike.

The brooker I checked with was PCD Consultants in Pattaya, they represented Thai Zurich Insurance Co and QBE Insurance Co. Similar coverage and costs.

email: [email protected]

Ph: 038-422-825

Not sure if they have any offices outside Pattaya.

Very useful info!

I've been wondering about what my current agent is selling.

I'd like to get 1st class insurance for my bigger bike.