non-immi O extension in Phuket, full updated list of documents required

Lodged my 3rd annual extension today, first time accomplished from 1st attempt w/o shuttling back home to fetch extra documents. I created a little list last year, which helped tremendously, below's an updated version with little tweaks based on this year requirements.

You can download printable version here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kiurO8B1MUB28hzPGfeO9I2hgrfvjh3tVYDageNE64U/

MARRIAGE VISA — FOREIGN MALE, Phuket
Pre-requisites:
Current non-immigrant “O” visa with no overstay;
Residency certificate ¹ (needed only if address has changed);
400,000 baht in Thai bank savings account for 3 months OR
Proof of Income of more than 40,000 baht/month;
Required documents, original + 2x copies each:
— TM7 form (print double-sided) x2
— Passport photograph x2
— Passport pages ²:
- Info page
- Current & past non-immi “O” visas
- Most recent entry stamp
- Departure card (TM6) or police report if lost
- 90 days notification receipt
- Residency certificate receipt ¹
— Proof of income, either (for local income):
- copy of bank book name page ²
- letter from the bank ²
- signed/stamped bank transaction certificate with 3 months transactions ² (less than 1 week old)
OR (for overseas income)
- letter/statutory declaration from your embassy proving income of 40,000 baht/month ²
(less than 180 days old!)
- most recent bank statement (local or overseas)
- ATM card copy (front-side only, REQUIRED)
— Marriage certificate (kor ror 3 or kor ror 22) ² ³
— Kor ror 2 (less than 1 year old) - obtained at THALANG Amphur within 10 minutes, get 2x originals and 2x copies
— Child's birth certificate (in Thai) ²
— Rental contr. with agent's signature (!) + 1 copy, all pages
— House/condo tabien baan (if renting)
— Thai spouse's tabien baan (!)
— Thai spouse's id card, both sides ²
— Hand drawn map to your house (not maps printout!)
— Photos of whole family (you+spouse+kids) inside AND outside the house with apartment & street number seen (better just color inkjet-printed on A4)
— Thai witness (not house owner) for 1st extension only
¹ if renting, get residency certificate into your passport, received in immi in Patong or Phuket town ground floor. Documents required:
- house/condo tabien baan copy
- landlord's ID/passport copy
- rental agreement orig/copy
- copy of passport and visa page
- 2x 2” photos
² - make copies in Town (฿3 pp), not Patong (฿10thb pp)
- bring original document along with copies,
- sign all copies!
- all copies VERTiCAL, not horizontal
³ Applicants without a Thai marriage certificate need to obtain a letter from their embassy proving they are still married. The letter needs to be translated into Thai and taken along with marriage certificate to Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok, where kor ror 22 will be issued, which needs to be submitted with the visa application. Required only for 1st application.
July 2016
Edited by andreww

Small correction.

- Money seasoning is now 2 months regardless for first time extension or consecutive extensions.

- Income can be also a valid WP with tax and company papers

- Copy ATM is changed to copy bankbook

- Kor ror 2 is now only valid for 30 days. ( 2 originals or 1 original and 1 copy)

- Rental contract is not required if up to date address registration is used.

- Only tambien baan of application address (same as address registration ) is required.

- Thai witness for first time extension is not required anymore.

- Copy 90 day reporting is not required.

- Kor ror 22 can now be issued at any Amphur with certified translation of foreign marriage certificate.

Edited by merijn

Do you need a new kor ror 22 from ampur for second marriage extension or can you use the First one that was used in original application

They will want a updated Kor Ror 22 from an Amphoe. They will print out a copy of it from their database, sign, date and stamp it.

Thanks for corrections, very valuable. Yet my correction of your corrections:

Small correction.

- Copy ATM is changed to copy bankbook — i don't have an account here, so they still wanted an ATM card

- Rental contract is not required if up to date address registration is used. — I was asked on the spot to make a copy of each page of the rental contract, even though I had up-to-date residency certificate in my passport.

- Only tambien baan of application address (same as address registration ) is required. — still required wife's house book (we rent in Phuket, but her hometown is up North)

- Kor ror 22 can now be issued at any Amphur with certified translation of foreign marriage certificate. -- true, even though Thalang Amphur said otherwise. Next year we will be more insistent.

Thanks for the info! Which method of "proof of income" did you use?

Statutory declaration saying "I make XYZ thb per month", signed & certified in Australian consulate. No other bank statement or anything was required, apart from my 7-11 ATM card copy (which I found very silly, as it's a nameless cash card.. what's the point really)

Small correction.

- Copy ATM is changed to copy bankbook — i don't have an account here, so they still wanted an ATM card

- Rental contract is not required if up to date address registration is used. — I was asked on the spot to make a copy of each page of the rental contract, even though I had up-to-date residency certificate in my passport.

- Only tambien baan of application address (same as address registration ) is required. — still required wife's house book (we rent in Phuket, but her hometown is up North)

- Kor ror 22 can now be issued at any Amphur with certified translation of foreign marriage certificate. -- true, even though Thalang Amphur said otherwise. Next year we will be more insistent.

As you don't have a house book from your Phuket house the rental agreement can indeed being asked. but the house book from your home in another province should not be required.

If you don't have a bank account a foreign ATM is indeed required.

Small correction.

As you don't have a house book from your Phuket house the rental agreement can indeed being asked. but the house book from your home in another province should not be required.

Well, I think in the end it all depends on the mood of a particular officer there, and the list I created can satisfy craziest requirements.

— We provided both house books (wife's and rental's), yet they asked for the contract too;

— Copy of local nameless ATM card (attached to my wife's account) was required, not overseas one.

Edited by andreww

Small correction.

The wife's house book is required as part of the proof of the wife's Thai nationality (see 2.18 of police order 138/2557). Every immigration office will want a copy of page one and the page where she is registered.

Small correction.

The wife's house book is required as part of the proof of the wife's Thai nationality (see 2.18 of police order 138/2557). Every immigration office will want a copy of page one and the page where she is registered.

I thought that the Thai ID card was sufficient proof of nationality.

I thought that the Thai ID card was sufficient proof of nationality.

In most cases yes. But I can assure you that every immigration office will want want a copy of the house book registry with the ID card. Same for applying for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate.

I certainly would not suggest trying to do it without both.