Tax and visa runs

Makes me wonder if his legal/visa satus was all okay? Someone mentioned visa runs; he obviously worked in Thailand which means that visa runs shouldn't be necessary?

This isn't correct. Most people who work here still have to do visa runs.

Not me... I suppose if you wanted to you could opt to NOT get a one-year stay + multiple re-entry permit and just stick to 3 month ones.. but that would just increase costs and inconvenience for no real reason.

Sorry, but I have opted for leaving the country every 3 months because otherwise I would have pay much higher taxes. I like to travel every once in a while anyway, and I have all the re-entries on my visa that I want for free, so I am not limited by a one year multiple entry visa, at all. Almost all the small businessmen that I know have opted for this option.

From what I know about David, he wouldn't have wanted to waste the money on unnecessary taxes, and he likes to travel as well. One report said that his passport is at the Myanmar Embassy getting a visa as we speak.

Sorry, but I have opted for leaving the country every 3 months because otherwise I would have pay much higher taxes. I like to travel every once in a while anyway, and I have all the re-entries on my visa that I want for free, so I am not limited by a one year multiple entry visa, at all. Almost all the small businessmen that I know have opted for this option.

What's the link between your Visa/Leaving the country every 3 months, and your Taxes ?