Why the Bureau of Immigration is not able to set up an website working correctly?

Since more than 3 years the Bureau of Immigration of Thailand is proposing to make the 90 days extension over the Internet. But for more than 3 years this site is not working correctly. Eigther you will be informed that their is a certification error with this site and it is not recommended to continue to use this site. If you disregard this warning and you continue on this site, some time this site is working and sometimes you can wait for hours for nothing. This is the only website in Thailand not working properly and correctly.

Is the Bureau of Immigration of Thailand not able to set up an website working correctly for all those who would like to make their 90 days extension over the Internet?

• Like 1

Could you post a link to this site you mention that allows you to do 90 day extensions online. I have never heard of it.

There is a site that allows you to do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country online.

• Like 1

NO.cheesy.gif

Yes but, there are people who have been here longer than a year or two and were NEVER entered into the computer database for 90 day reporting by internet.

Because they are NOT in the 90 day reporting database yet (no one ever entered them), when they try to log in to do a 90 day report via the internet, they have no reporting record in the database.

Since the computer can't find their record in the database the computer treats them as not existing, and their application is rejected.

Stuff like that is why non programmers think computers are smart.

In reality they are not, they only do what you specifically tell them to do, and never assume facts like humans can.

Or as those working on so-called "Artificial Intelligence" projects soon learn their is no shared assumptions between Humans and an "Artificial Intelligence"

it's called GIGO, for Garbage In Garbage Out by programmers.

If you want to tell a computer to Pick up the pen and write the letter A, first you have to define what you mean by the action "pick up". and the object "pen" first.

• Like 1

NO.cheesy.gif

Yes but, there are people who have been here longer than a year or two and were NEVER entered into the computer database for 90 day reporting by internet.

Because they are NOT in the 90 day reporting database yet (no one ever entered them), when they try to log in to do a 90 day report via the internet, they have no reporting record in the database.

Since the computer can't find their record in the database the computer treats them as not existing, and their application is rejected.

Stuff like that is why non programmers think computers are smart.

In reality they are not, they only do what you specifically tell them to do, and never assume facts like humans can.

Or as those working on so-called "Artificial Intelligence" projects soon learn their is no shared assumptions between Humans and an "Artificial Intelligence"

it's called GIGO, for Garbage In Garbage Out by programmers.

If you want to tell a computer to Pick up the pen and write the letter A, first you have to define what you mean by the action "pick up". and the object "pen" first.

Yeah, but can't be that hard to for the database/program to then inform the use that their details are not on the 90 Day database and then give instructions to remedy this.

It isn't about artificial intelligence at all, it is about them writing the code to make this happen, to make sure security certificates are up-to-date and for the site to actually function as advertised. Guess that is too difficult.

• Like 1

the online 90 day report is terrible. I have tried it many time never with any success. Usually I get right down to the verification bit and then it refuses to accept it. Many people I have spoken too at CW Immigration have also said they cant register via the internet. At first I thought it may be a non-compatibility with my browser but having tries several different ones I concluded it was the site at fault.

It comes down to a couple of things:

1. They need to have good programmers with a lot of experience. My experience of IT guys in Thailand is that they know a lot of phrases but the practical side is lacking. There are very good people who can do it in Thailand I have no doubt about that but they do not appear to be the people used for the site.

2. Thorough testing needs to take place before it is released to the public. I get the impression they give it a try and if it works for them fine it is released.

I am doing my 90 days Notification extensions for more than 3 years now on Internet Browser only.But as already informed, sometimes you are lucky and this site works and sometimes your are not lucky and this site does not work. Since 3 years I never went again in an Immigration Office to make the 90 days Notification Extension.

Here is the required link on Internet Browser only:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=boss

Thereafter click on:

Apply for Notification for Staying in the Kingdom (over 90 days)

Sometimes this website is working, but sometime it is not working.

Best regards.

Rolf Wipraechtiger

There are times that immigration's extra net is down. But most of the time it does work.

FYI the 90 day reporting site has only been available since April 1st of 2015 not 3 years. See the pinned topic at the top of the main page of this forum.

Easier to save this link than going to the immigration website to click the button there: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

I use Chrome with the IE tab extension installed to open the site and have it saved as a IE Tab bookmark.

Thereafter click on:

Best regards.

Rolf Wipraechtiger

what I get clicking the by internet link in explorer:

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.
The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. Click here to close this webpage. Continue to this website (not recommended). More information

Thereafter click on:

Best regards.

Rolf Wipraechtiger

what I get clicking the by internet link in explorer:

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.
The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. Click here to close this webpage. Continue to this website (not recommended). More information

That has been discussed dozens of time in the past year since immigration went to the https address for their extra net.

Se this topic I did on July 2nd of last year: New Website Address for Online 90 Day Reporting

like any software application, the problem is in the requirements and what it is exactly supposed to do. There are some twist to the extension process as you can read from many posts and what different immigration officers expect. The darn site most certainly requires a lot of manual reading by thai officials on the other end. Add to that the myriad variety of applications and browsers that interface with the site. The site will never be automatic, although I would like to believe that were possible. What needs to change is the ridiculous 90 day reporting for retirees or others on long term types of visas. Reporting once a year would be a quantum leap in betterness, and I mean quantum in a large jump, not just a discrete jump

I was doing the 90-day reports on the Immi online process with no problems for the past year. Then made a trip to Europe in May and of course had do do a 90-day report at proper time after return. Logged in no problems, entered all the data (hey, I was a old pro by this time), had all the red-star items properly entered, verified the security at the bottom, waited and got the deadly popup re failure. Think it may be software error if you do not have a previous 90-day report logged in on this data series starting with the new entry.

So down at Phuket Immi, had to wait over an hour (others have reported 5-mins in and out here) because Immi gent was doing other reporting. All that time there were four other Immi agents sitting around idle at the counter waiting for users for their functions eg. extensions, housing, etc.

Tried the 'new' address and got this:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from extranet.immigration.go.th (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

I was doing the 90-day reports on the Immi online process with no problems for the past year. Then made a trip to Europe in May and of course had do do a 90-day report at proper time after return. Logged in no problems, entered all the data (hey, I was a old pro by this time), had all the red-star items properly entered, verified the security at the bottom, waited and got the deadly popup re failure. Think it may be software error if you do not have a previous 90-day report logged in on this data series starting with the new entry.

So down at Phuket Immi, had to wait over an hour (others have reported 5-mins in and out here) because Immi gent was doing other reporting. All that time there were four other Immi agents sitting around idle at the counter waiting for users for their functions eg. extensions, housing, etc.

Surprised I didn't bump into you. whistling.gif I was there at 2:40 -ish.

I was in and out in 15 minutes - the longest wait being for the photocopier lady who had one other in the queue but was very busy doing a whole lot of photocopying and stamping of some Thai person's paperwork - 300 baht's worth.

So after that and filling in the Personal Information form it was relatively quick - 'relatively' meaning that having said 'sawasdee khrap' to the 90-day guy and sat down, I had to wait while some other Thai guy just barged in, started talking to the 90-day guy, and distracted him for 5 minutes before he continued processing me. mad.gif