‘World is at war’, Pope on recent attacks

webfact

‘World is at war’, Pope on recent attacks

606x341_339806.jpg

PARIS: -- Pope Francis has said that the recent string of attacks, including the killing of a Roman Catholic priest in Normandy was proof the ‘world is at war’.

Speaking to reporters he clarified it was ‘not a war of religions’ but rather one of domination of peoples and economic interests.

“Not a war of religion. There is a war of interests. There is a war for money. There is a war for natural resources. There is a war for domination of peoples. This is the war,” he said.

“The word that is being repeated often is insecurity, but the real word is war,” he said in brief comments to reporters while flying to Poland for a five-day visit.

Commenting on the attack on a Normandy church in which priest Jacques Hamel lost his life, he called him a ‘saintly priest’ but added he was just one of many innocent victims.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-28

Not a war of religion. There is a war of interests. There is a war for money. There is a war for natural resources. There is a war for domination of peoples. This is the war,” he said.

You almost got it correct.

You blew it by being a PC fool and calling it '' not a war of Religion.''

Everything else that you mention comes 2nd to Religion. It just so happens that in the 21 Century it is Islam and its followers that are waging war around the world.

He forgot to mention whom we are at war with.

But based on this comment "“Not a war of religion. There is a war of interests. There is a war for money. There is a war for natural resources. There is a war for domination of peoples. This is the war,” Possibly he means globalists who are using ISIS as a tool of destabilization.

If this is what he meant then good for him.

Although I think he was just making important sounding noises.

Edited by canuckamuck

I'm no fan of this bloke and his hypocritical rich organisation and fawning pawns (everything he says is a 'pffft' moment), but he can't speak the truth in today's overly PC Western world. He and everyone else knows it is a war of religion because these perps are devoutly Islamic and do what they do in the name of their prophet. Poll all Muslims on the abolition of every other religion and/or its followers and I bet the percentage to do away with them would be very high.

The poorest nations have the most devout Catholics...and this guy flies around in a jet getting paid, sorry, piously receiving no payment for taking on the burden of being pope. :rolleyes: Who the <deleted> is he to talk about problems in the world...he should look in the mirror.

The poorest nations have the most devout Catholics...and this guy flies around in a jet getting paid, sorry, piously receiving no payment for taking on the burden of being pope. rolleyes.gif Who the <deleted> is he to talk about problems in the world...he should look in the mirror.

Couldn't agree more, and reading the headline I assumed he would be saying the world is at war with Islam. How wrong could I be!

For probably the first time I agree with something said by a Pope blink.png .

Speaking to reporters he clarified it was ‘not a war of religions’ but rather one of domination of peoples and economic interests.

This pope is an utter fool. He sounds like Karl Marx, not a religious leader.

Yes, I'm sure the Pope is a Marxist rolleyes.gif .

Edit - Just because many can't see that the desire for power and wealth are the cause of most of the problems on this planet, doesn't mean that anyone who articulates this to be the case is a communist. I'm just suprised that the pope (as the leader of a VERY wealthy organisation) has said this!

Edited by dick dasterdly

Was it him, the holy father, who took along some muslim refugees from his recent trip to Turkey? Latter known for "dragging feet" once it comes to killing christians because of their faith?

Nah, cannot be, the holy father is the Lord's chief representative.

It is a war of religions and it was always a war of religions. While in Ireland one could witness a war between catholics and protestants with as little intervention from the vatican as on the haunt of the jews by the Nazi it does not come as a surprise that this old man has clearly a foggy vision on what's going on.

Although I far from condone the actions of the Islamic fundamentalists movement and the muslim doctrine, I fully agree with the Popes rhetoric on this occasion, but disappointed that he didn't go further and name the main aggressor and beneficiary of the spoils of this war, the USA . Let us also not forget that the Catholic church have been using their religion to oppress and plunder many of the world's citizens for centuries and are very cosy bed mates of the UN.

There is a war of interests. There is a war for money. There is a war for natural resources. There is a war for domination of peoples. This is the war,” he said.

Those are exactly the goals and intentions of all religions since thousands of years.
Money, Resources, Interest and Domination of peoples.
This is the war of religion.

In Europe, Catholics and Protestants have fought wars in the 16th and 17th centuries.
Now the Islam leads his war.

Always for Money, Resources,
Territory, Interest and Domination of peoples.
This is the same stable odor, only the name of the imperialist religion is different now.

Edited by tomacht8

There is a war of interests. There is a war for money. There is a war for natural resources. There is a war for domination of peoples. This is the war,” he said.

Those are exactly the goals and intentions of all religions since thousands of years.

Money, Resources, Interest and Domination of peoples.

This is the war of religion.

In Europe, Catholics and Protestants have fought wars in the 16th and 17th centuries.

Now the Islam leads his war.

Always for Money, Resources, Territory, Interest and Domination of peoples.

This is the same stable odor, only the name of the imperialist religion is different now.

Except nowadays power is concentrated in big business rather than religions. Perhaps that's why the Pope is speaking out?

Not a war of religion. There is a war of interests. There is a war for money. There is a war for natural resources. There is a war for domination of peoples. This is the war,” he said.

Everything else that you mention comes 2nd to Religion. It just so happens that in the 21 Century it is Islam and its followers that are waging war around the world.

Brought upon by the west and her allies!..........I'm not a fan of islam either.....but what goes around comes........................................................<

He forgot to mention whom we are at war with.

But based on this comment "“Not a war of religion. There is a war of interests. There is a war for money. There is a war for natural resources. There is a war for domination of peoples. This is the war,” Possibly he means globalists who are using ISIS as a tool of destabilization.

If this is what he meant then good for him.

Although I think he was just making important sounding noises.

I'll take it he's talking about the globalists and the fascist/neo feudal west..........

FWIW........i'm not religious,but this Pope is the best Pope in years!.....don't be too hard on him because he has the lavishes of life at hand....

Brought upon by the west and her allies!..........I'm not a fan of islam either.....but what goes around comes........................................................<

Yes, of course. The good old West.

You might have had a point, but then you forgot about.

Yemen

Tunis

Kenya

Nigeria

Uganda

Cameroon

Chad

Niger

Somalia

Tunisia

Morocco

How about adding in

China

India

Philippines

Malaysia

Indonesia

Thailand

All the Stans including Pakistan

I might just have forgotten someone along the line.

Its all the West's fault my hoop.

Yes, of course. The good old West.

You might have had a point, but then you forgot about.

Yemen

Tunis

Kenya

Nigeria

Uganda

Cameroon

Chad

Niger

Somalia

Tunisia

Morocco

How about adding in

China

India

Philippines

Malaysia

Indonesia

Thailand

All the Stans including Pakistan

I might just have forgotten someone along the line.

Its all the West's fault my hoop.

The War of Civilizations started back in '91 with the first invasion of Iraq and "rescuing" Kuwait. Down hill from there..... coffee1.gif

Lol...sorry not too loud..............very true.......makes you wonder if we just let saddam have the kuwait oil fields to himself where we would be now

I understand what you're saying SgtRock....yes in-fighting is prevalent everywhere that religion is foundthumbsup.gif

I'm concerned about the foreign interventions in the oil rich middle eastsmile.png ......religion ain't behind this!!!

Yes, of course, my whole point.

There are literally 1000's of sub saharan Africans crawling all over ME oilfields facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

When you take specifics it is easy to apportion blame.

Look at the whole picture. Radical Islamists are creating farquin havoc around the Globe. As highlighted in my previous post. Nothing to do with the West

I understand what you're saying SgtRock....yes in-fighting is prevalent everywhere that religion is foundthumbsup.gif

I'm concerned about the foreign interventions in the oil rich middle eastsmile.png ......religion ain't behind this!!!

There are literally 1000's of sub saharan Africans crawling all over ME oilfields facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Look at the whole picture. Radical Islamists are creating farquin havoc around the Globe. As highlighted in my previous post. Nothing to do with the West

You do know ISIS had it's origins in Iraq?.......eventually spreading to libya and then syria?

And the second invasion of Iraq found no weapons of mass destruction?

And this invasion was done to install a puppet government for US interests......ie former president Maliki,who was shia and showed little interest

in sunni's being part of government.....

You do know ISIS had it's origins in Iraq?.......eventually spreading to libya and then syria?

And the second invasion of Iraq found no weapons of mass destruction?

And this invasion was done to install a puppet government for US interests......ie former president Maliki,who was shia and showed little interest

in sunni's being part of government.....

Like I said.

When you take a single incident it is easy to apportion blame.

What have the following got to do with ISIS and Iraq ?

Yemen

Tunis

Kenya

Nigeria

Uganda

Cameroon

Chad

Niger

Somalia

Tunisia

Morocco

How about adding in

China

India

Philippines

Malaysia

Indonesia

Thailand

Islamic terror is being waged worldwide, not just against the West.